Cyclist told pedestrian to get out of the f**king way

Old April 1st 12, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

Default Cyclist told pedestrian to get out of the f**king way

http://www.middlewichguardian.co.uk/...ment_cyclists/

Letter from a reader:

Recently, I was walking along the top of Cromwell Road with a pram, and two
children aged 12 and 13.

When we rounded the corner I was told to ‘get out of the ****ing way’ by
some cyclists.

I did not get out of the way and the bikers went onto the road, giving me an
abusive wave.

I carried on until I was at the Iron Bridge, when a bike came from the Blind
Shop and straight across the road.

If I had been four steps in front, the pram would have gone over and the
child hurt.

Next day, I was walking along the pavement to the crossing at the bottom of
Castle Hill at about 7.30am, when a bike came along the wrong side of the
road crossed over and knocked me.

I went to the police station to report it, but the desk sergeant said that
Northwich roads are not good for bikes so the police turn a blind eye to it.
She also advised not to confront the bikers.

After leaving the police station, I went onto Witton Street and was knocked
by two bikes going very fast.

On returning to the police station the following night, the same desk
sergeant was on duty. I told her what had happened and she explained that
there was nothing the police could do.

Old April 2nd 12, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Cyclescheme teams up with British Cycling to boost cycling's profile

QUOTE:
Cyclescheme, the UK’s biggest provider of bicycles under the Cycle to
Work scheme, has teamed up with British Cycling to raise awareness of
the health benefits of cycling as well as increasing knowledge and
awareness of cycling. With the sport in the spotlight this year as
Britain’s top riders go for gold at London 2012, the partnership will
also seek to encourage commuters to switch to two wheels to get to
work.

Describing cycling as having “well and truly hit the mainstream,”
Cyclescheme and British Cycling will also be pushing the environmental
credentials of riding a bike, including its role in helping meet CO2
reduction targets, easing congestion on the roads and encouraging
sustainable travel.

Daniel Gillborn, Cyclescheme’s head of commercial operations,
commented: “Here at Cyclescheme we are committed to the long-term
cultural and modal shift from cars to bicycles.

“Our partnership with British Cycling is another key step in
leveraging the positive effects of our Olympic year to increase the
number of people who cycle to work, whilst enhancing British Cycling’s
commuter strategy too.”

British Cycling chief executive Ian Drake added: “We’re working hard
to encourage more people to ride to work, both through our road safety
campaigning and by providing a raft of expert tips and advice to
commuters from ensuring they have the right kit, to having the
necessary skills to ride safety in the rush hour.

“We’re delighted to now be working with Cyclescheme who share our
passion for increasing the number of cyclists across the country, and
together we look forward to helping more people make the move from the
car or train onto the bike.”

http://road.cc/content/news/55982-cy...clings-profile

--
Simon Mason
Old April 2nd 12, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 01/04/2012 19:47, Mr. Benn wrote:
[...]

Typical of the terrorism inflicted on innocent women & children by cyclists.

University
Old April 2nd 12, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Apr 2, 7:54*am, Simon Mason wrote:

“We’re delighted to now be working with Cyclescheme who share our
passion for increasing the number of cyclists across the country, and
together we look forward to helping more people make the move from the
car or train onto the bike.”

http://road.cc/content/news/55982-cy...tish-cycling-b...

It looks to be an excellent scheme.
Let's hop it will be a massive success.

--
Simon Mason
Old April 2nd 12, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 10:00:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 2, 7:54*am, Simon Mason wrote:

“We’re delighted to now be working with Cyclescheme who share our
passion for increasing the number of cyclists across the country, and
together we look forward to helping more people make the move from the
car or train onto the bike.”

http://road.cc/content/news/55982-cy...tish-cycling-b...

It looks to be an excellent scheme.
Let's hop it will be a massive success.

Oh hello - yet another private thread.

--
Mason is in denial - he is an alcoholic.
He claims that he drinks ten to twelve pints
Old April 3rd 12, 05:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

QUOTE:
Cyclescheme, the UK’s biggest provider of bicycles under the Cycle to
Work scheme, has teamed up with British Cycling to raise awareness of
the health benefits of cycling as well as increasing knowledge and
awareness of cycling. With the sport in the spotlight this year as
Britain’s top riders go for gold at London 2012, the partnership will
also seek to encourage commuters to switch to two wheels to get to
work.

The company I work for is constructing a huge on site secure cycle storage
area - it is only 10 years since I asked for one.
And yet when the smoking ban came into force there was no end of smoking
shelters that got knocked up a £1500 a throw.
Totally arse about face.

--
Simon Mason

Driver who killed cyclist told to expect jail. Simon Mason[_2_] UK 22 February 3rd 08 08:17 PM
Cyclist kills pedestrian Lord Turkey Cough[_2_] UK 83 October 18th 07 08:50 PM
Pedestrian and cyclist detection Dave B UK 12 January 13th 06 03:05 PM
pedestrian hit by cyclist Ian Smith UK 6 April 18th 05 03:06 PM
Cyclist & Pedestrian Tony Raven UK 22 July 24th 04 08:38 PM