Another nasty holiday season on RBT

Old January 19th 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Another nasty holiday season on RBT

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:55:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:01:23 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 08:02:29 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 5:31:41 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:56:04 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 1:33:53 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:42:52 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 4:04:05 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 7:25:47 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 9:56:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 2:15:27 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 5:06:44 AM UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
Now that was another nasty holiday season on RBT -- and we're no
for'arder than the smug selfsatisfaction of the usual bullies and undesirables.

Andre Jute
Congratulations

So go away already!

Cheers
I'd be willing to bet that I would drop you with one punch. But just
to make sure I'd hit you a half dozen times before you could fall.
Funny thing boxing, the reaction times are built into the muscles and
you have to hold it back rather than concentrate on trying to use it.

I'd REALLY like to see you try!

Cheers

Any time you're in Oakland just let me know.

What is this? The fifth grade?

-- Jay Beattie.

Not even...

I promised myself in grade school to never take any crap off of people
like you. And I never have. And I have always been the one to walk away
from someone laying on the ground. So maybe you think you can change
that record; I'm ready, willing and able.

Fascinating. You sound like all the dopes I see down at criminal call
with oppositional defiant disorder.
https://www.additudemag.com/oppositi...der-in-adults/ You
may live in a **** hole now, but I can guaranty you that going to county
jail on a menacing charge is worse -- or going to prison on Assault 2 if
you actually connect. You meet Ralph on the street, you give him
Christian love, because we all know you are a Christian.

-- Jay Beattie.

I haven't been in a fistfight since elementary school, so I'm quite willing
to concede the title of "Baddest mofo in all of Oakland" to Tom. However, I
thought we weren't supposed to talk about fight club.

For Heaven's sake! Tom is an old man, who is in ill health and suffers
from brain damage. The thought that he is going to beat anyone up is
just another one of his fantasies, like flying around in the bomb bay
of airplanes at 5,000 feet over Vietnam.

And yet that is what happened. But then since you've done so little you wouldn't understand that life is strange and wonderful. The tail gunner in a B52D is actually in the tail. The way to get from the back pressurized compartment to the front is via a very narrow 6" wide shelf. The only way to do this is to put one knee in front of the other and scoot along while holding yourself on the shelf by slipping two fingers per hand between the gap in the vertical and horizontal ribs of the aircraft. On the ground this is scary since you're at least 10' above the bottom of the bomb bays. Because of the curvature of the hull you have to lean your body out over the bays so not many people would do that.

The A/C asked me to go to the gunner's position to find out what the heck was wrong with him since he sounded like he was going nuts. It turned out to be nothing since he was just watching the SAMs bursting around us.

So I went back there before the bomb run and came back after the bomb run. You cannot breath the air above 10,000 feet and remain conscious. So the only way to crawl through an unpressurized bomb bay to the gunner's position using a lot of strength would be to be below 10,000 ft,

After the bomb run I had to come forward because that was the only time we were low enough to allow my passage. What I was unaware of was that they leave the bomb bays open after a run to air then out. If we got shrapnel through the sides of the aircraft and through a bomb it could have splattered explosives into the bomb bays so you aired them out before rising to altitude.

That meant that on my way forward I crawled through the bomb bays with the doors open. The bomb bay doors had three positions - closed, open and unpowered so that they hung below the aircraft but not pushed entirely out to the sides. They depowered the doors and let them hang straight down after the run.

I even flew the aircraft - the A/C had to take a leak and regulations said that inside the war zone you had to have both A/C and Pilot positions manned at all times. So he called me up to the upper deck and put me in the A/C position. He even disengaged the autopilot so that I could fly the aircraft. The Pilot was there to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. But he supervised me as I banked it one way and the other a little. The aircraft is huge and it is extremely stable so it was no big deal.

I was up there for at least 5 minutes. I guess the A/C was BS'ing with the navigator and bombardier.

Yesterday, I was going to look at some building where I used to work and where there might be a new company. So I was going to take a resume. I was looking around for my briefcase and ran across a three clip folder - to my surprise I discovered that I taken a course on navigation from the University of Marin and passed with an A. I remember nothing about that but that is why I was hired on as Navigator for those large racing sailboats down the Pacific Coast to Catalina. I assumed that I had taught navigation to myself and that the reason I was on board is because I was the only one that would climb the mast in case of a problem at the masthead. Try climbing up a 70 ft mast in a seaway and you'd know why no one else would do that. I would be Navigator and Watch Captain.

I raced motorcycles semi-professionally which meant that Kawasaki gave ne an A1R to race but I did everything else myself. When I got tired of racing against a guy 5'1" tall that weight next to nothing on a Yamaha I was the Safety Director of the American Federation of Motorcyclists. I went down to Bell and discussed helmets with them. I learned enough that after bicycle helmets were around for awhile I wrote a paper showing that they don't do much. It's still floating around there out on the web someplace.

Some of the jobs I've done range from designing and programming the machine used to identify HIV for the very first time to programming the poison gas detectors for the Army at Lawrence Livermore Laboratories. I even worked at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories to increase the power on their accelerator.

Between jobs I even helped start a telephone installation company for high rise office buildings in San Francisco.

Because you people have no abilities you assume no one else does. So you cannot believe anything that isn't outside of your very narrow scope of understanding.

I argued economics with Paul Volcker and see the sheer ignorance of Jay and Frank who are both supposedly postgrads.

Tom, you are as full of **** as a Christmas Turkey. You flew the B-52!
On a combat mission they shut off the autopilot and let you fly the
airplane!

SAC regulations say that both the AC and the Pilot positions have to
be filled... Right! So I guess that the only way an AC can take a leak
is to either have Tom aboard or **** his pants?

And, the A.C. asked a non-crew member to crawl back to check on the
tail gunner? Or are you claiming that you were a crew member?

No intercom? The AC couldn't call up the tail gunner and ask him how
he is? You think that whole on oxygen the flight crew isn't constantly
checking each other?

All I can say is that you have a very vivid imagination and know
little if anything about how a USAF flight crew acts in combat.
--

Cheers,

John B.

You really are one stupid **** aren't you? Like flying a B52 is some big deal with the aircraft pilot siting in the right seat. What a dunce.

I have no idea as I was never invited to fly a B-52 but as a crew
chief on a RB-50 I did fly with the aircraft quite a number of times
and the idea that an A.C. is going to let some totally unqualified non
crew member sit in his seat and fly his airplane is as weird as any of
your other fantasies.

I happened to be on the aircraft and was up sitting dead center behind them looking at how the instruments responded. Normally the EWO would have sat in. Well since you said that you were friends with an EWO who had been in a war zone he would have known that and been able to tell you about it. You did say you were friends with an EWO didn't you?

Tom, either you are having some day dream or you are telling lies. A
good friend, was an EWO and strange as it may seem he never mentioned
"sitting in the seat" and given that he received an award for
discovering that because of the sensitivity of some of his gear it was
possible for the EWO to forecast the failure of the A.C. generators on
a B-52 I'd guess that he probably knew what he was talking about.

So you think that you're going to call on the Intercom and ask the tail gunner why he is whooping and screaming huh? I guess that's why no one would ever trust you with a wooden nickel. It's pretty plain that you knew that you couldn't get a job back in the US and that's why you're still in Thailand.

Tom, as I mentioned, I did make quite a number of flights on a RB-50
and yes, the A.C. did call, or perhaps it is more accurate to say that
the crew members did call in on a regular basis to ensure that,
particularly when on oxygen that none of them had problems.

As for a tail gunner whooping and hollering on the intercom I just
don't believe that either. To the Air Force flying an airplane is a
serious job and someone whooping and screaming on the intercom
wouldn't have been tolerated. But I agree that to a civilian it makes
a good story - never been there, never done that.

As for a "job in Thailand" I only worked in Thailand for a short time
before the oil boom in Indonesia when I went to work there where the
money was. Not bad work either, 2 weeks in the jungle and 2 weeks at
home and the money flooding in.

But you wouldn't have qualified. Too much bull ****. See we lived at
pretty close quarters out in the jungle and some loud mouthed fool
just wouldn't be tolerated. The lads would have gone top the Project
Manager and told him "either he goes or we go" and you'd have been on
the next flight out.

So perhaps you can explain to me what in the hell you would ever know about how a flight crew behaves in a combat zone.

Given that I spent about 10 years in two organizations that flew "hot
gun" missions in Asia I suggest that I certainly know more then you
do.

See Tom, that's your problem. You've sat around and told a bunch of
stories to people that didn't know and now you believe them yourself
and when you start to tell your stores to someone that was there and
did it you fall flat on your arse.

Tell me, is this story something that you made up or did you dream it?
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old January 19th 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:02:22 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 4:38:56 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:55:47 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3:30:19 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 07:13:54 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I'm far more interested in Jay's supposed legal talent when he believes that my launching a challenge and you taking it up to the point of coming here would constitute any sort of assault on my part. I have to wonder if Jay's entire practice isn't writing wills for old ladies.

You don't have to wonder, you can look it up, You see, a lawyer's name
is on the cases that he files so it is a matter of record and can be
easily determined.

Unlike your fevered fantasies Jay's record is right out in the open
for everyone to see. Not a figment of someone's imagination.
--

Cheers,

John B.

Do you suppose I didn't know he was a product liability litigator from the second posting he ever made? My point is that his expertise in other things is painfully limited save perhaps his cycling and racing experience and he shouldn't act like it is.

Frank was a teacher. Yet he has extremely limited understanding of statistical analysis and economics so why should he be offering almost entirely incorrect opinions thereupon?

The basis of our disagreement was not because they are liberal but because they THINK they are liberal without even knowing the modern definition of that.

Well, I suggest that (1) Jay's expertise is likely to be much greater
then your own and he normally posts references to his statements
unlike you who simply make things up out of clear air and expect that
your readers are too stupid to realize that you are telling lies. and
(2) Frank, like Jay, normally furnishes references to his statements,
again unlike you who seem prone to wild eyed assertions that
apparently are a result of your brain damage, or perhaps failure to
take your medicine.

Sorry Tom, given a choice between a rational teacher and a sober
advocate and a wild eyed fool ranting and raving and making little
sense the fool loses.
--

Cheers,

John B.

You, frank and Jay think that your level of reality is googling something. It doesn't matter in the least that Google is corrupt and purposely puts hard leftist bias on all of the information to the point where they lied before the Congress about not changing anything themselves "Its all controlled by a algorithm. Now several engineers have come forward saying that Google personally fixes the results to bear hard left. Hard rain is going to fall.

I'm sure that you are correct... Now prove it.

You see Tom, we know that you fabricate much, maybe most, of your
assertions while the rest of us tend to be a bit more conservative and
provide references for what we write.

So Tommy prove that google is a left wing organization "controlled by
a algorithm".

As I said above, "Prove It!"
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old January 19th 19, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Here you go, Tom:

https://www.amazon.com/Archie-McPhee...s=tin+foil+hat

You've said many times that you're strapped for cash. So give me your
address and I'll buy one for you. ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 19th 19, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:15:51 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 11:55:49 PM UTC, wrote:

Frank was a teacher.

Frank's a jumped-up welder.

Yet he has extremely limited understanding of statistical analysis and economics so why should he be offering almost entirely incorrect opinions thereupon?

You're giving Franki-boy altogether too much credit, Tom. Krygowski's knowledge of statistic analysis and interpretation is would be zero if he kept his mouth shut. But since he can't keep his mouth shut, and does damage to cause he tries to promote with statistics, we must conclude that his understanding of statistics is a negative quality. Here's an example: Franki-boy is always going on about how cycling is safer than a lot of people believe.. He offered some numbers in proof. I went to the same sources, did a proper analysis, and discovered that ***cycling is even safer than Franki-boy Krygowski claimed!*** What a ******. Of course the ungracious clown didn't thank me for saving him from his ignorance: instead he pretends that I see danger to cyclists where there is none. That's not all, Franki-boy knows he's incompetent to handle sampling statistics (and so he should be -- it's been pointed out to him often enough), so, if you bring an irrefutable case to RBT, he claims he isn't reading your post, even while commenting on them with a flow of ad hominem. A good example is a study of all accidents in which bicyclists were involved in New York, not a sampling study, an actual head count of all those referred to accident and emergency: absolutely irrefutable evidence that one of the biggest bees in Franki-boy's bonnet can't find its way back to the hive. But Franki-boy absolutely refuses to discuss the study or even to admit it exists. So, in consideration of these three points, I would say that Krygowski is useless with statistics, he knows he's useless with statistic, and he uses statistics to bully, to baffle, and to lie.

The basis of our disagreement was not because they are liberal but because they THINK they are liberal without even knowing the modern definition of that.

Oh, I'm sure that Franki-boy and Slow Johnny and the several nasty anonymous emanations of the thief Peter Howard currently infesting RBT would be shocked if one explained to them why they are cultural Marxists. I don't know about Jay -- he's probably smart enough to understand that these clowns can't ever build anything, can only sneer and jeer and if there are enough of them destroy something they couldn't ever build -- but he runs with the crowd because it isn't worth the energy to stand up to the mob. They come and they go and there's no shortage of petty little men overflowing with envy, resentment and pure pointless malice to take their places. Rational people, with all the will in the world, cannot hope to stay ahead of assholes with opinions on everything.

Oh come on. Like you don't have an opinion on everything? Imagine a world where people did not have opinions -- on everything.

For example, I love STI. Hydraulic discs are great, except for the plumbing and the occasional failed internal o-rings and resultant leakage. I just rebuilt a BR-RS785, and its working like a charm. Di2 is really nice with that bleep-whirr shift thing, although totally unnecessary. I broke a wire on the rear derailleur giving the bike too vigorous of a wash on the wash stand (put the wire into the cassette), but I soldered that back together and did a shrink tube on it. The wonder of modern bikes is that you can do plumbing, electrical and mechanical on your bike -- without a permit. One day I'm going to have to learn how to program the thing. I'm really happy with CO2 cartridges, too, notwithstanding the environmental burden. I do recycle them -- or they go into the recycle bin. God knows where they end up now that China is refusing our garbage qua recyclables.

What I hate most right now is the Look Keo Blade pedal on my fast bike. The blade is failing or failed, and the cleat releases with the slightest rotation. I took it out and reinstalled without much change. Next pedals will have a standard spring. I don't like the standard aluminum wire bottle cages on my rain bike. I'm sold on wrap-around bottle cages, and in fact, Bontrager makes a cheap CF look-alike cage that is a great value. I need to put longer fender flaps on my son's Roubaix so he doesn't spray me going into work at 30mph. It's like drafting a truck in the rain.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 19th 19, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:15:50 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 11:55:49 PM UTC, wrote:

Frank was a teacher.

Frank's a jumped-up welder.

Aaah, a MAKER as opposed to a gunna-do.
Shrug, it is far better to be taught any skill by someone who is
competent in it, where as your skill in writing needs improvement.

Yet he has extremely limited understanding of statistical analysis and
economics so why should he be offering almost entirely incorrect
opinions thereupon?

You're giving Franki-boy altogether too much credit, Tom. Krygowski's
knowledge of statistic analysis and interpretation is would be zero

Do you want to try that again.

A good example is a study of all accidents in which bicyclists
were involved in New York, not a sampling study, an actual head count of
all those referred to accident and emergency: absolutely irrefutable
evidence

The problem with A&E statistics is that they are often recorded by people
who PKI is box ticking and no other competency. This has been shown a
number of times when competent analysis and investigation has been
applied to them; the clearest example is "the helmet debate".

Oh, I'm sure that Franki-boy and Slow Johnny and the several nasty
anonymous emanations of the thief Peter Howard currently infesting RBT
would be shocked if one explained to them why they are cultural
Marxists.

Use of such terminology is clear sign of total surrender in any debate.

They come and they go and there's no
shortage of petty little men overflowing with envy, resentment and pure
pointless malice to take their places. Rational people, with all the
will in the world, cannot hope to stay ahead of assholes with opinions
on everything.

Yet they keep trying to knock some sense into you and Tom.

Andre Jute To think I welcomed the net as a voice for everyman outwith

without?

the editorial control of the intellectual elite. Just goes to show even
I can be diametrically wrong.

As you keep demonstrating.

News18; Who has multiple pages on any google search for "his" name and
knew that "the internet" was going to be the same dog's breakfast as
FIDONET was.

Old January 19th 19, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 3:09:52 AM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Nope. I have opinions on matters on which I've informed myself. Otherwise I have questions. Questions are good for increasing knowledge.

Imagine a world where people did not have opinions -- on everything.

It's a nightmare. Parts of the net are like that, for instance RBT, which is supposed to be a tech conference. Supposed, I say.

For example, I love STI.

I don't know what STI are and have no desire to discover what they are because I suspect that they will be unergonomic and a pain to set up and operate, and when the local cafe cyclists see me with them, they will again invite me to join their peloton which never gets beyond the last coffee dispensary in town to, as they say, "share the pain". I'm a Calvinist, dimbos: My place is reserved in Heaven, whatever I do, so I have no pain, no regrets and no guilt.

Hydraulic discs are great, except for the plumbing and the occasional failed internal o-rings and resultant leakage. I just rebuilt a BR-RS785, and its working like a charm.

I have a front disc on one of my bikes, and the thing chewed pads and was always far too sudden, on or off with nothing in between, to much bother for someone who like watching the countryside and having a conversation with pedal pals.

Di2 is really nice with that bleep-whirr shift thing, although totally unnecessary. I broke a wire on the rear derailleur giving the bike too vigorous of a wash on the wash stand (put the wire into the cassette), but I soldered that back together and did a shrink tube on it.

Now you're talking. I have a bike with Di2, but full auto shifting, not the cut down assisted shifting Shimano sells to racers. Also in the gruppo, electronically operated adaptive suspension. I'm a masher and would hang onto high gears too long, so the automatic box cut several minutes from a 45m ride I took on weekdays back when that bike was often in rotation. I had to reengineer the bike because the designer was a bit confused about its purpose and target customer, but Trek Benelux were absolutely marvellous with advice and parts, so I didn't have to do any soldering of fine wires, which I hate. (The sort of electronics I do is vacuum tube hi-fi, great big chunky components that you can see.)

The wonder of modern bikes is that you can do plumbing, electrical and mechanical on your bike -- without a permit. One day I'm going to have to learn how to program the thing.

I just gave the manual to my teenage sun and promised him a new Mac if he got me up and running by the end of the week. That's actually very good advice for anything that is electronic and comes with a 300 and something page manual. Once I reduced everything of use to me to a flow chart on one side of a sheet of paper, I had it printed on plastic and the plastic laminated to protect the printing, and carried the relevant instructions on the bike with me.

I'm really happy with CO2 cartridges, too, notwithstanding the environmental burden. I do recycle them -- or they go into the recycle bin. God knows where they end up now that China is refusing our garbage qua recyclables.

India, with the overage solar cells full of irrecoverable, poisonous cadmium.

What I hate most right now is the Look Keo Blade pedal on my fast bike. The blade is failing or failed, and the cleat releases with the slightest rotation. I took it out and reinstalled without much change. Next pedals will have a standard spring. I don't like the standard aluminum wire bottle cages on my rain bike. I'm sold on wrap-around bottle cages, and in fact, Bontrager makes a cheap CF look-alike cage that is a great value. I need to put longer fender flaps on my son's Roubaix so he doesn't spray me going into work at 30mph. It's like drafting a truck in the rain.

Don't get your fingers in the spokes.

Andre Jute
Normal service will shortly resure
Old January 19th 19, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 11:46:04 PM UTC-5, news18 wrote:
[...]

Jute and Tom are two of the biggest Trolls on RBT if not Usenet itself. Why so many argue every little thing with them beats me. the very best thing to do with Trolls is IGNORE them.

Many here have both Jute and Tom killfiled but unfortunately the replies to eith made by others gets past the killfile.

Cheers
Old January 19th 19, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

AMuzi wrote:
On 1/18/2019 3:07 PM, Duane wrote:
On 18/01/2019 3:54 p.m., jbeattie wrote:
UTC-5, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Is there a problem with writing wills for old ladies? Old
ladies need wills, too. Do you not like old ladies?

I don't do criminal. Civil trial assignments occur after
criminal call, so my view of criminals has been while
waiting for trial assignments -- and in court when they
inevitably get dragged into an on-going civil trial or
motion for sentencing, probation violations, pleas, etc.
Judges take breaks to do these criminal spot jobs, and you
get to see the jump-suit and shackle crowd traipse into
the court room. It's like the orange ghost of Christmas
past. I used to see lots of criminals when I worked
ambulance and even worked with a few.

I know the assault statutes. You swing and miss, its
attempted assault 2, assuming you intend serious physical
injury -- which you apparently do. I even know assault in
Washington. Don't get drunk and shoot someone.
https://www.leagle.com/decision/inwaco20171213j15 In that
case, I represented a bar on an over-service case and
won. A huge victory for sports bars! Woohooo! If you get
drunk at a Washington bar and shoot someone with a 1911,
don't blame it on the bar. BTW, I've had a lot of stupid
gun cases and even represented two big manufacturers who
we all know and some cartridge manufacturers as well --
and I've already regaled you with my tank and cannon stories.

-- Jay Beattie.

Not that I care that much but out of curiosity, isn't
uttering threats still an actionable offense? I mean I know
that with the Donald things have changed...

??
In which State does DJT write criminal statutes?

I mean the president isn’t setting much of an example regarding online
threats but I thought that even so this was still illegal.

--
duane
Old January 19th 19, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

jbeattie wrote:
[...]

In Oregon its called "menacing" (as it is in many other states, too):

ORS 163.190¹

Menacing

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if by word or conduct the
person intentionally attempts to place another person in fear of imminent
serious physical injury.

(2) Menacing is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §95]

In California, it's called "threatening" -- here's the statute:

PENAL CODE - PEN
PART 1. OF CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS [25 - 680] ( Part 1 enacted 1872. )
TITLE 11.5. CRIMINAL THREATS [422 - 422.4] ( Heading of Title 11.5
amended by Stats. 2000, Ch. 1001, Sec. 4. )
422.
(a) Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will
result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the
specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by
means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat,
even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which, on its
face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal,
unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person
threatened, a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution
of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in
sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate
family’s safety, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not
to exceed one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

(b) For purposes of this section, “immediate family” means any spouse,
whether by marriage or not, parent, child, any person related by
consanguinity or affinity within the second degree, or any other person
who regularly resides in the household, or who, within the prior six
months, regularly resided in the household.

(c) “Electronic communication device” includes, but is not limited to,
telephones, cellular telephones, computers, video recorders, fax
machines, or pagers. “Electronic communication” has the same meaning as
the term defined in Subsection 12 of Section 2510 of Title 18 of the United States Code.

(Amended (as amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 15) by Stats. 2011, Ch. 39, Sec.
16. (AB 117) Effective June 30, 2011. Operative October 1, 2011, pursuant
to Secs. 68 and 69 of Ch. 39.)

IT INCLUDES WRITTEN THREATS ON NEWS GROUPS! OMG, I think we're going to
have to refer Tom from criminal prosecution!

-- Jay Beattie.

Thanks. I wasn’t referring Tom in particular - I don’t really follow his
posts.

Just wondering. I know it’s still illegal here in Canada but wasn’t sure
if things changed in the US. Things seem to be more toxic down there these
days.

--
duane
Old January 19th 19, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 1/18/2019 8:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

Funny that I've done it at least six times on a bicycle. Is it when you
don't have a bicycle handy that you lose consciousness?

Mark J.

KISS MY ASS JIMMYMAC SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 727 0306 ***SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 IAMGOD Recumbent Biking 0 November 18th 06 09:20 PM
TROLLING IS WHAT I DO BEST SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 56187 507 727 0306 ***SEND ME SOME NASTY STUFF PLEASE? YOU BET, I AM GOD ***EDWARD DOLAN 1028 4TH AVE. WORTHINGTON, MN 561 IAMGOD Recumbent Biking 0 November 18th 06 09:19 PM
Nasty Crash for MTB darryl Australia 0 November 23rd 05 01:50 AM
Looks nasty.... Humbug Australia 4 November 7th 05 04:05 AM
Holiday in Holland = Unicycling holiday! unicycleboy Unicycling 4 March 13th 04 03:01 PM