Tandem trike - how to mount cycle computer?

Old September 11th 04, 02:28 AM
FLM

Default Tandem trike - how to mount cycle computer?

I am now the proud owner of a Wizwheelz TerraTrike Tandem. However,
it is not readily apparent to me how I can mount a cycle computer on
the trike. In particular, it is not clear where I would mount the
sensor so that it is close enough to the wheel. Note that I would
like to mount the computer so that the captain can read it.

Any advice would be welcome. I have been searching around the
internet, but haven't found anything yet.

Old September 11th 04, 03:10 AM
Tom Sherman

FLM wrote:

I am now the proud owner of a Wizwheelz TerraTrike Tandem. However,
it is not readily apparent to me how I can mount a cycle computer on
the trike. In particular, it is not clear where I would mount the
sensor so that it is close enough to the wheel. Note that I would
like to mount the computer so that the captain can read it.

Any advice would be welcome. I have been searching around the
internet, but haven't found anything yet.

The easiest option might be to mount the sensor by the rear wheel (this
is what I have on my Dragonflyer). It is unlikely that you will be able
to find a computer with a wiring harness that long, so cutting and
splicing the wire would be required. Avoid computers that use a coaxial
wire to the sensor, as they are hard to splice.

--
Tom Sherman – Curmudgeon and Pedant

Old September 11th 04, 04:35 AM
Ben Fox

I have mounted the computer on the end/top of the front derailluer post on
my Catrike and a friends W.C..
I used left over parts from moutain mirrors ,the "L" shaped part that fits
into the handlebar end.
I had them left over because I modified a couple Mountain mirrors to fit on
the handlebars.
If you've seen the M.Mirror ,the "L" shaped part has a series of grooves cut
into it,I cut it off at a point where it is long enought to hold the
computer. the "O" rings of the computer mount fit nicely into the grooves
and itlooks very proffesional.
I may have a pic or 2 if you want to see it e-mail me directly.
As far as the wheel sensor I made a bracket out of a piece of flat aluminum
stock,and fastened one end to the brake caliper mount.
This is different on every trike ,but with a little imagination and some
aluminum stock from hardware store it is pretty easy to do. Just decide
where you would like it to go on the front wheel and look for a bolt you can
fasten one end of a bracket to and then form the bracket to fit,if it
doesn't fit the first time ,do it again.
BTW, If you fit it to the front wheel and the derailluer boom you won't need
to splice the wire.
Ben fox