Recumbut?

Old September 12th 04, 12:17 AM
Ken_in_Michgan

Default Recumbut?

Judy and I experienced pain in our left butt after riding 45 miles on
the new V-Rexes today. I assume that this is recumbut. What can you
suggest that we do to eliminate this problem in the future

Ken the Troll
(Living below the Mighty Mac Bridge)
Riding 04 V-Rex
Old September 15th 04, 03:41 PM
Ken_in_Michgan

"If it is Recumbent butt usually setting the seat angle back will
help."

We have done that, and it seems to have helped.

"However I notice you say new V-Rexes, if you are not used to riding a
recumbent of this type you very well are just having muscle pain from
using a muscle seldom used."

We have ridden BikeE ATs for three years and there have only been a
couple of muscle groups that have protested the change. What we are
having is a pain in the left leg only and I can feel the back edge of
the seat pan on my hips and tail bone.

"I suggest you ride just 20 miles or so every other day for a couple
of weeks to get used to the new bikes."

I don't think I can get my wife to go along with that as we consider a
ride of 24 to 23 miles a "short ride" and usually try to get in one
ride of 40 to 50 miles in each week. We are planning to go to Xenia,
Ohio to try out the Little Miami Trail and the other trails that meet
at Xenia Station some time in late September or October, weather
permitting.

Our LBS has ordered the newer/thicker seat pad from Rans for my bike
and that should help eleminate the sharp edge at the rear of the seat
pan. If it doesn't I will grind some of it off. I am having a problem
with the Rad-Loc seat mount moving backward when I use the full power
of my legs. Our LBS tightened the bracket, that helped a lot but it
still moves a 1/2 inch or more rearward in 40 miles.
Old September 16th 04, 03:03 AM
bentbrian

Brent Hugh Wrote:
(Ken_in_Michgan) wrote in message
. com...
We have ridden BikeE ATs for three years and there have only been a
couple of muscle groups that have protested the change. What we are
having is a pain in the left leg only and I can feel the back edge of
the seat pan on my hips and tail bone.

Rans has some suggestions for seat adjustments that might help with
this:

http://www.ransbikes.com/ITRSeat.htm

You probably know from reading other threads in arbr that pain in the
tailbone is a known issue for some people with some of the new Rans
seats.

--Brent

bhugh [at] mwsc.edu
www.mobikefed.org

My new 04 Tailwind has the Rad-Loc clamping system. It required
several adjustments to get it to clamp securely. Also making sure the
frame area under the clamp is clean helps some too. Since the last
adjustment the seat hasn't budged. RANS told me it may take a few
adjustments for the clamp to seat propperly. Once you find the "sweet
spot" it will hold fine. RANS makes good bikes. This has been the best
bike I've ever owned.

'bent Brian

--
bentbrian