bar ends?

Old April 21st 04, 10:12 PM
frank-in-toronto

Default bar ends?

I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
....thehick
Old April 21st 04, 10:37 PM
Sorni

frank-in-toronto wrote:
I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

Do you use them? Then leave 'em! (And paint 'em purple if you like.)
Different hand positions are good.

Bill "goofy schmoofy" S.

Old April 21st 04, 10:45 PM
G.T.

frank-in-toronto wrote:
I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

I know I'll never get rid of them:

http://192.168.1.1/bent/mulholland.html

Greg

Old April 21st 04, 11:07 PM
Shawn Curry

frank-in-toronto wrote:

I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

I kept brushing against trees and knew one day one would grab bad, so
they were history. I don't miss them.

Shawn
Old April 22nd 04, 12:29 AM
Fred Fragger

"G.T." wrote in message
om...
frank-in-toronto wrote:
I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

I know I'll never get rid of them:

http://192.168.1.1/bent/mulholland.html

That's a local network IP address m8 so we won't be able to see it out here!

Greg

Old April 22nd 04, 02:04 AM
Slacker

frank-in-toronto wrote:

I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

Yes, take them off unless you plan on riding in your local Gay Pride Parade!
--
Slacker
Old April 22nd 04, 02:30 AM
G.T.

Fred Fragger wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message
om...

frank-in-toronto wrote:

I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

I know I'll never get rid of them:

http://192.168.1.1/bent/mulholland.html

That's a local network IP address m8 so we won't be able to see it out here!

Ooops:

http://www.2fortheroad.net/bent/mulholland.html

Old April 22nd 04, 02:35 AM
D T W .../\\...

"frank-in-toronto" wrote in message
I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that
i saw) of the bikes on display had ends.

makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

They're stupid, silly, ridiculous, foolish, insane, ludicrous, and crazy,
but not goofy.

I use 'em every ride.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Old April 22nd 04, 02:36 AM
SniffinVinyl

I'm not taking mine off, they are useful and I don;t care what they look
like.
Caring what they look like is for posers.

Here's what appears to have gone 'out' then back 'in' again:
rapid fire shifters
v brakes
hardtails

So if I was a poser my bike would be very kool.

Sniffinvinyl
-----------
Remain sane, cycle your brains out . . .

Old April 22nd 04, 02:54 AM
G.T.

Slacker wrote:
frank-in-toronto wrote:

I'm an old guy just getting my old mountain bike back on the road
this spring. i was at the lbs and noticed that very few (none that i
saw) of the bikes on display had ends.
makes me think. maybe they look goofy. should i take
them off? i really don't know why i put them on except to
provide a different hand position.
...thehick

Yes, take them off unless you plan on riding in your local Gay Pride
Parade!

Well, when bar end usage makes me gay, then I'll be proud to be a homo.

Greg

Victor Rows to Chicago - Don ends up in Court! Cycle America General 0 July 27th 04 06:40 AM
Reign of Terror Ends S o r n i General 1 June 19th 04 01:08 AM
Fitting bar ends, to cut or not Slash Mountain Biking 13 August 12th 03 10:01 AM