Fender Mounts That Connect To V-Brake Bosses?

Old December 21st 05, 04:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Fender Mounts That Connect To V-Brake Bosses?

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
JD wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Found the pic: http://www.idsa.org/idea/idea2001/images/tn/B9014.jpg
It looks like hoopty bling on that bike, but I could see it being
effective.

Effective for what? I'll liken it to Darth Vadering up, unless you are
doing real tours of substantial distance and staying dry can be the
difference between life and death. I don't put shin guards on, just
because I've been kicking rocks up into them on occasion. Crappy
trails are what GoreTex is for, wear it. If I didn't need fenders for
riding through cow**** in the CO high country, they're not needed for a
little goose crap in middle america. Running through fresh meadow
muffins is not a lot of fun, but it's a given part of a lot of Colorado
high country riding and seeing fenders on a bike there is rare and
usually a good bet that it's on a tourist's bike.

JD

Uh, effective for keeping mud/street mung out of the asscrack of my
pants. That's enough for me. Bikes aren't basketballs. They can serve
purposes beyond sport.
With that said, I gotta get me some goretex.
/s

How's the commute now with all the asshats that normally take the
subway, now on the streets?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

For me? Glorious. A bit slower as at least 3/4 of the riders had to
dust off their bikes and walkers are cramming the bridge bikeways, but
it's fun. Red Cross has been serving coffee, hot chocolate and cookies,
and I run into friends of mine everywhere. The weather is cold but
cooperative enough.
The asshats aren't the subway riders. The asshats are the ones who
drive alone into the city when they're healthy enough to bike or have a
subway within reasonable distance. I feel sorry for the older people I
see having to hoof it around, and the poor people with minimum wage
jobs who live a good distance away from work. I'm not a big fan of
taking the subway myself as I'm healthy enough to ride, but NY's
underground mass transit system is absolutely fantastic in every way.
During the strike, to drive over a bridge you have to have a minimum of
4 occupants in your car. If that was always in effect, this place would
be an urban cyclist's utopia. There were similar restrictions after
9/11 and for a while the city was an ideal place to ride.
Anyway, crappy pics to come. What's a good website to post photos on
where people won't have to log in to see them?

/s

Old December 21st 05, 04:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Scott Gordon wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
[...]

Sounds cool. Maybe they'll keep the 4 person rule after the strike.
They should do that in every city. Then I would be forced to bike in!
(I need some motivation to brave the highway on a bike.

I can set you up with an account on my gallery server if you want. Just
send me an email and I'll get you a login. It's the same one GeeDub
uses. www.pchospital.net/gallery2

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old December 21st 05, 08:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Scott Gordo wrote:
JD wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
[...]

Ummm, maybe you missed this post? I have fenders on my commuter:

From: "JD"
Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike
Subject: Fender Mounts That Connect To V-Brake Bosses?
Date: 16 Dec 2005 16:44:33 -0800