Help I dont want to start wearing cycle clips!

Old June 10th 07, 06:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default Help I dont want to start wearing cycle clips!

On Jun 9, 10:50 am, "G.T." wrote:
a wrote:
I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since school) and
I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I have
worn so far.

Roll them up. That's what all the trendy pseudo-messengers do around here.

Or tuck the pantleg into your sock.

JD

Old June 10th 07, 11:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

I don't want to be an "occasional rider".

"Zilla" wrote in message
Seriously, have you tried it? I got the idea from
an LBS here which let folks try bikes. Of course
they have the occassional rider with "trousers"
or jeans, and they give them one of those thick
rubber bands to slide over the jeans.

"a" wrote in message
Good one! Helped lots.

"Zilla" wrote in message
"a" wrote in message
I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since
school)
and
I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I
have
worn so far. They keep being torn up at the ankle by the chain. I have
been
looking for a pair of MTB trousers with something like Velcro straps
tighten the shine on the right side, but I cant find any... So its
looking
like I'm going to have to start using cycle clips!! What do people
use?

Cheers
Scott

Try a rubber band...

Old June 10th 07, 01:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Devs

In message , a
writes
What do people use?

Shorts!
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old June 10th 07, 06:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

...occassional "rider-with-trousers", not

"Zilla" wrote in message
Seriously, have you tried it? I got the idea from
an LBS here which let folks try bikes. Of course
they have the occassional rider with "trousers"
or jeans, and they give them one of those thick
rubber bands to slide over the jeans.

"a" wrote in message
Good one! Helped lots.

Old June 11th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

What sort of occasional rider are you talking about???

. ..

"Zilla" wrote in message
Seriously, have you tried it? I got the idea from
an LBS here which let folks try bikes. Of course
they have the occassional rider with "trousers"
or jeans, and they give them one of those thick
rubber bands to slide over the jeans.

"a" wrote in message
Good one! Helped lots.

Old June 11th 07, 01:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Yep ordered a pair today. Going to be cold this winter though...

"Devs" wrote in message
In message , a writes
What do people use?

Shorts!

Old June 11th 07, 05:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Jun 9, 10:58 am, "Zilla" wrote:
"a" wrote in message

... I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since school)
and
I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I have
worn so far. They keep being torn up at the ankle by the chain. I have

been
looking for a pair of MTB trousers with something like Velcro straps to
tighten the shine on the right side, but I cant find any... So its looking
like I'm going to have to start using cycle clips!! What do people use?

Cheers
Scott

Try a rubber band...

If that's too hard, you can always tuck your pants into your sock.

Works for me.

/s

Old June 11th 07, 07:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Scott Gordo wrote:
On Jun 9, 10:58 am, "Zilla" wrote:

"a" wrote in message

... I recently brought a MTB after many years of not cycling (since school)
and

I have hit a bit of a snag... I have trashed every pair of trousers I have
worn so far. They keep being torn up at the ankle by the chain. I have

been

looking for a pair of MTB trousers with something like Velcro straps to
tighten the shine on the right side, but I cant find any... So its looking
like I'm going to have to start using cycle clips!! What do people use?

Cheers
Scott

Try a rubber band...

If that's too hard, you can always tuck your pants into your sock.

Works for me.

/s

That's what I do. I hear all the cool kids do it that way too.

Matt
Old June 12th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Jun 11, 2:02 pm, MattB wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:

If that's too hard, you can always tuck your pants into your sock.

Works for me.

That's what I do. I hear all the cool kids do it that way too.

I roll my pant leg up over the top of my calf. Does that make me a
poseur?

CC