The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 4th 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

On Aug 3, 8:14 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
"Keats" writes:

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with
the
average voter."

WINSTON CHURCHILL

"Democracy becomes a government of bullies tempered by editors."
-- R. W. Emerson

There seems to be tons of democracy quotes. Rather than doing battling
quotes I suggest all those interested Google "democracy quotes" and groove
on their own personal favorites.

DonQuijote says he wants democracy and rails against the
status quo; maybe what he really needs is sympathetic
editors/media personnel.

The status quo is a mix of hypocrisy and democracy (notice it rhymes)
in a ratio of 90% to 10%.

Maybe he should set up a print shop and become real
media personnel himself.

But I guess that would mean he'd have to become a /real/
bike activist and assume the responsibilities thereof,
instead of just being a cheap-talk, Usenet ****-disturber,
lyric cyclist.

What do you call a /real/ bike activist? Well, let me tell you that a /
dead/ bike activist is not a real bike activist. Particularly those
that practice the activism on busy roads among stupid drivers.

Old August 4th 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman

donquijote1954 who? wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:45 pm, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 3, 12:26 pm, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 2, 10:56 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
The governments (federal, state and local) in the U.S. (and many other
countries) use taxes to discourage behavior and tax breaks to
encourage
behavior. I am merely recommending the proper use of this common
policy
tool.
The use it here too! Just that they give tax breaks and all kinds of
facilities to those at the top. Have you noticed that 99% fo the bike
paths are concentrated where the big people live?
If the midgets aren't complaining, then so what?
"Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the
rulers" -Aristotle
The midgets are what defines "democracy"... Or should be define it
anyway.

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the
average voter."

Luckily, today we only require that the citizen casts a vote every
four years. Any kind of conversation is discouraged, just in case.

And we (USians) get a "choice" of two (2) candidates with a realistic
chance of being elected, both of whom were handpicked by the same
handful of the old money rich who control both parties by dint of large
cash contributions.

Which overseer presented by the masters shall the proletariat choose?

Old August 4th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article om,
donquijote1954 writes:

But I guess that would mean he'd have to become a /real/
bike activist and assume the responsibilities thereof,
instead of just being a cheap-talk, Usenet ****-disturber,
lyric cyclist.

What do you call a /real/ bike activist?

Well, among /whom/ I'd call a /real/ bike activist
would be Jym Dyer. He could give you some pointers.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old August 4th 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman" writes:

Which overseer presented by the masters shall the proletariat choose?

The female winner of American Idol with the best combination
of biggest tits & prettiest face. After all, democratic
elections are just a popularity contest.

It doesn't matter which mule-ish figurehead you elect.

The real overseers aren't elected. They're just there.
They're already there, and always will be, despite the
wishes of us Great Unwashed. All we've gotta do is to
elicit some cycling-specific sympathy for the devil
from 'em, and not be caught doing anything bad by their
DoD spy satellites (once the DoD obtains permits from
NYC to photograph public areas.)

cheers,
Tom

Old August 4th 07, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

. ..

wrote:

[...]

There has hardly ever been a democracy in the history of the world (even the
ancient Greek city states did not give any note to the slaves that made
their society possible). What we have are republican forms of governance
where we elect representatives to govern us. I would not have it any other
way. If you would like to see democracy in action go to a Vermont town hall
meeting sometime and you will come away utterly opposed to true democracy.
It is a recipe for never getting anything done.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 4th 07, 06:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 3, 9:32 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
donquijote1954 who? wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:45 pm, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

groups.com...

legroups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Last time around I expected them to chose the "lesser evil," but they
still voted for the "worst evil." Well, we can excuse a large part of
the proletariat by saying they hardly voted, since it's the business
of the middle and upper classes to vote.

Old August 4th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 3, 9:42 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article om,
donquijote1954 writes:

But I guess that would mean he'd have to become a /real/
bike activist and assume the responsibilities thereof,
instead of just being a cheap-talk, Usenet ****-disturber,
lyric cyclist.

What do you call a /real/ bike activist?

Well, among /whom/ I'd call a /real/ bike activist
would be Jym Dyer. He could give you some pointers.

Is he a /theoritical/ bike activist by any chance? By the way, I'm a /
semi-real/ bike activist, meaning I'm crazy enough to ride among cars,
but not all the time. Sometimes I just ride on the sidewalk or simply
ride my scooter.

Old August 4th 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 3, 10:11 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
"Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman" writes:

Which overseer presented by the masters shall the proletariat choose?

The female winner of American Idol with the best combination
of biggest tits & prettiest face. After all, democratic
elections are just a popularity contest.

It doesn't matter which mule-ish figurehead you elect.

The real overseers aren't elected. They're just there.
They're already there, and always will be, despite the
wishes of us Great Unwashed. All we've gotta do is to
elicit some cycling-specific sympathy for the devil
from 'em, and not be caught doing anything bad by their
DoD spy satellites (once the DoD obtains permits from
NYC to photograph public areas.)

It sounds mysterious. Almost like "Big Brother is watching you"...

Big Brother is watching

Alameda Times Star | December 23 2005

IT took 21 years longer than expected, but the future has finally
arrived.
And we don't like it. Not one bit.

We are fighting a war with no end to create a peace with no defined
victory.

We occupy a foreign land that doesn't want us, while at home our civil
liberties are discounted.

We are told that it's better not to know what our government is doing
in our name, for security purposes. Meanwhile, our government is
becoming omnipresent, spying on us whenever it deems it necessary.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

George Orwell was right after all.

In 1949, Orwell penned "1984," a dark, futuristic satire in which the
totalitarian government used indoctrination, propaganda and fear to
enforce order and conformity. His "Big Brother" - the face of this all-
knowing regime - was never wrong, and to make sure of it, history was
constantly being rewritten.

Orwell wrote his book as a cautionary tale to underscore the insidious
danger of slowly eroded individual liberties. His Thought Police may
not yet be on the march, but it's not hyperbole to point out the eerie
parallels with today's America.

In America today, Big Brother is watching.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...bigbrother.htm

Old August 4th 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

donquijote1954 writes:

But I guess that would mean he'd have to become a /real/
bike activist and assume the responsibilities thereof,
instead of just being a cheap-talk, Usenet ****-disturber,
lyric cyclist.

What do you call a /real/ bike activist?

Well, among /whom/ I'd call a /real/ bike activist
would be Jym Dyer. He could give you some pointers.

Is he a /theoritical/ bike activist by any chance?

I'm probably doing Jym a disservice by labelling him
as an "activist", or by labelling him at all.

I'll yell ya this much, though -- when it comes to the
bicycling cause, he has /heart/. Not just mouth.

By the way, I'm a /
semi-real/ bike activist, meaning I'm crazy enough to ride among cars,
but not all the time. Sometimes I just ride on the sidewalk or simply
ride my scooter.

Get other people to ride with you, instead of just
"theoritically" [sic] yacking with you.

Old August 5th 07, 05:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Michael Press

In article
,
"Keats" wrote:

[...]