Seven Cycles Duo: Anybody Else Shearing Sus Bolts?

Old November 27th 08, 04:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)

Default Seven Cycles Duo: Anybody Else Shearing Sus Bolts?

I love riding this thing, but I'm getting irritated with the
suspension bolts shearing. PO'd, even.

I was about to go for a ride today, bike seemed a little loose.
Checked it over. Yup, I've sheared my *fourth* suspension bolt.

After the third one, I spent some time on the phone with Seven
Cycles and some more time with Maverick (the guys they license
the suspension system from).

The reaction seemed tb "Gee, you broke a suspension bolt? Never
heard of *that* before."

But this is the fourth time around and, to me at least, these
bolts are what I'd call "stupid light". Dunno what the material
is, but it seems way fragile for something that integral to the
operation of the bike.

Right now I'd pay quite a few bucks for some sus bolts made out
of, say 6061.... or even steel.

Torqued exactly to spec.

Is anybody else experiencing sus bolt breakage?

I can't believe I'm the only one.

--
PeteCresswell

Bolts Graham FM Mountain Biking 12 April 30th 07 10:08 PM
Bolts Graham FM UK 0 April 28th 07 05:06 PM
Loose bolts Tim Morin Unicycling 5 May 28th 06 10:41 AM
Titanium hex bolts. Ne> Mountain Biking 19 January 3rd 05 05:05 PM
Ti bolts JJ Recumbent Biking 2 December 22nd 04 04:29 PM