Glueless Tire Patches

Old August 13th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JP

Default Glueless Tire Patches

I've used them for 5 years, Park brand and
private labeled for LBSs to sell.

Used on mtn bikes and road bikes.

No failures. They last as long as the tube does.
My kid had a failure because he didn't do a good job.
I redid it and it held fine.

No one seems to like them but my own experience has
been overwhelmingly positive.

Old August 13th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Art Harris

"JP" wrote:

Used on mtn bikes and road bikes.

No failures. *They last as long as the tube does.
My kid had a failure because he didn't do a good job.
I redid it and it held fine.

No one seems to like them but my own experience has
been overwhelmingly positive.

So, what's your secret?

Art Harris
Old August 13th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
someone

On Aug 11, 4:57*am, wrote:
* *I happened to be in a K-Mart store yesterday, and decided I'd see
what sort of bike stuff they had. *The thing I noticed was a patch kit
that features patches that don't require cement/glue.
* *Anyone here have any experience with these patches? *Maybe I just
have a suspicious nature, but they sound just a tad too good to be true.

Waterproof sticking plaster. Like Elastoplast. Or other flexy sticky
tape.
Old August 16th 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JP

"Jobst Brandt" wrote in message
Art Harris wrote:

Used on mtn bikes and road bikes.

No failures. They last as long as the tube does. My kid had a
failure because he didn't do a good job. I redid it and it held
fine.

No one seems to like them but my own experience has been
overwhelmingly positive.

So, what's your secret?

Park the bicycle in the garage, I suppose.

Jobst Brandt

I'm sharing my own experiences.
I use the glueless and I ride on it.
I've put well over a thousand miles on a patched tube without any
problems whatsoever.
Use the ****ing glue if it makes you happy.

Old August 20th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Best luck I've had with them is ten miles (16 KM).

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use: