Fines/points for littering drivers?

Old July 11th 11, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Fines/points for littering drivers?

Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sh-fine-points

--
Simon Mason
Old July 11th 11, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sts-litter-cas...

--
Simon Mason

As a motorcyclist I feel your pain, literally on more than one
occasion, especially at motorway speeds. I have never successfully
achieved this but my ambition is to collect jettisoned dog end and
redeposit it through the open window.
Old July 11th 11, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jul 11, 9:40*pm, NM wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:05*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sts-litter-cas...

--
Simon Mason

As a motorcyclist I feel your pain, literally on more than one
occasion, especially at motorway speeds. I have never successfully
achieved this but my ambition is to collect jettisoned dog end and
redeposit it through the open window.

I could have done that one several occasions in slow moving traffic,
but the nearest I've dared was to stick a still lit tab end under
someone's wiper blade. Burning the bare lap of a fat slapper in the
passenger's seat is going too far.

--
Simon Mason
Old July 11th 11, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Mason wrote:

I could have done that one several occasions in slow moving traffic,
but the nearest I've dared was to stick a still lit tab end under
someone's wiper blade. Burning the bare lap of a fat slapper in the
passenger's seat is going too far.

Why, when it could easily have burned a hole in someone's lycra?

Old July 11th 11, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Jul 11, 9:44*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:40*pm, NM wrote:

On Jul 11, 9:05*pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sts-litter-cas....

--
Simon Mason

As a motorcyclist I feel your pain, literally on more than one
occasion, especially at motorway speeds. I have never successfully
achieved this but my ambition is to collect jettisoned dog end and
redeposit it through the open window.

I could have done that one several occasions in slow moving traffic,
but the nearest I've dared was to stick a still lit tab end under
someone's wiper blade. Burning the bare lap of a fat slapper in the
passenger's seat is going too far.

--
Simon Mason

Is it? Try a lit tab between your crash helmet and your temple at
about 70 mph, I guarantee that will change your attitude pronto.
Old July 11th 11, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_3_]

On 11/07/2011 21:05, Simon Mason wrote:
Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sh-fine-points

--
Simon Mason

*Points*? For *littering*? For god's sake Simon, when you advocate
things like that I have to wonder whether you're a car-hater after all.
There is no way in hell that someone should be *banned* from driving,
with all that that entails, for *littering*, even if more than once.

Points are only supposed to be given out for safety violations. That is
how it should be. Your proposal is absurd, as are calls for lowering
speed limits due to "noise", "fuel economy" etc (if speed limits must be
lowered for such "reasons" then exceeding them should be non-endorsable).

Banning someone from driving when they're not even putting anyone in any
danger smacks of anti-motorist sentiment: people "shouldn't be driving
in the first place" so it's a case of banning them for any excuse that
one can come up with. This desire to ban drivers for non-dangerous
behaviour just makes me even more convinced that many of the speed limit
reductions we've seen relatively recently have been motivated by that
desire, and are nothing whatsoever to do with safety.

Ridiculous. As are so many proposals concerning drivers these days.
When will the madness end?
Old July 12th 11, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_3_]

On 11/07/2011 23:58, Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sh-fine-points

Excellent - let's see unmarked cars with hi-def video, cruising round the
town centres and catching all those lazy reps, fat truckers and chavs.
Seeing a fag packet or a coke can tossed out of a vehicle window is
infuriating - the casual contempt for others deserves a fine.

But not points. And "travellers" who leave litter when they move on
should be landed with a much larger, proportionate fine. But of course
they're too scary and too difficult to deal with...much easier to target
motorists who are committing slight infringements.
Old July 12th 11, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar[_3_]

On 11/07/2011 21:44, Simon Mason wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:40 pm, NM wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:05 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sts-litter-cas...

--
Simon Mason

As a motorcyclist I feel your pain, literally on more than one
occasion, especially at motorway speeds. I have never successfully
achieved this but my ambition is to collect jettisoned dog end and
redeposit it through the open window.

I could have done that one several occasions in slow moving traffic,
but the nearest I've dared was to stick a still lit tab end under
someone's wiper blade. Burning the bare lap of a fat slapper in the
passenger's seat is going too far.

You're still going to get the **** kicked out of you one day if you
carry on like that. And I don't say that with any pleasure.
Old July 12th 11, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
FrengaX

On Jul 11, 11:51*pm, Nuxx Bar wrote:
On 11/07/2011 21:05, Simon Mason wrote:

Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sts-litter-cas...

--
Simon Mason

*Points*? *For *littering*? *

Well, no, actually. The proposed bill doesn't involve points at all. A
minority on some poll or other wanted points to be included in the
penalty - that's all. So it's not going to happen.
Old July 12th 11, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Abo

On 11/07/2011 21:05, Simon Mason wrote:
Might make a few think before they lob their lit fag ends at you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog...sh-fine-points

--
Simon Mason

Because fines/points stopped people using their mobile phones. There is
no fear if there is no-one there to catch them...

Littering or assault? Simon Mason[_4_] UK 12 July 1st 11 08:20 AM
How do you get NEGATIVE POINTS in the Giro Points Classification???? Clint Torus Racing 1 May 26th 06 07:01 PM
Bruyneel's Fines Bestest Handsander Racing 0 April 24th 06 06:04 AM
Contrast in fines. Peter B UK 5 May 3rd 05 12:59 PM
Littering Simonb UK 16 August 18th 04 07:06 PM