Stupid newbie question about lightening bike

Old September 8th 03, 04:15 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Default Stupid newbie question about lightening bike

Mr. E. Mann wrote in message
munch

If your new at this, do you really think that you'll notice the
difference if you take 3 lbs off of the bike.

Yes, you will! Most important place you will want to remove weight from

the
bike is the wheels. Get a light set of wheels and tires and you should
notice a difference in the way it climbs. also, you're going to wan tto
replace the cranks after you bend them (and you will).

Other good places to remove weight is at the bars, stem, seat, casette,
forks and frame. I can't say specifically for this bike, because I don't
know the weight of all the components, but this is a general area where
they skimp on cheaper bikes from my experiences.

Well, these sound like near as damnit the places I added weight to my bike.
Sure as hell it won't break unless it has to.

Shaun aRe

Old September 8th 03, 04:34 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

Mr. E. Mann wrote in message
[...]

Ah but your cranks look a little flimsy, time to get yourself some of these
:
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache....com/cgi-bin/r
eviews.cgi%3Freview_id%3D711+solid+%2B+cranks&hl=e n&ie=UTF-8

Steve.

Old September 9th 03, 04:10 PM
Shaun Rimmer

spademan o---[) * wrote in message

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message

Well, these sound like near as damnit the places I added weight to my

bike.
Sure as hell it won't break unless it has to.

Shaun aRe

Ah but your cranks look a little flimsy, time to get yourself some of

these
:

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache....com/cgi-bin/r
eviews.cgi%3Freview_id%3D711+solid+%2B+cranks&hl=e n&ie=UTF-8

Steve.

They look utterly ridiculous, and a few guys managed to crack them already!

Shaun aRe

Old September 19th 03, 04:11 AM
Mr. E. Mann

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in
:
spademan o---[) * wrote in
message ...

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache...-test.com/cgi-
bin/r
eviews.cgi%3Freview_id%3D711+solid+%2B+cranks&hl=e n&ie=UTF-8

Steve.

They look utterly ridiculous, and a few guys managed to crack them
already!

I like these better. http://store5.yimg.com/I/phattire1_1739_102573

Local supergo had them for $299, so I bought them. Should probably change
my name to PoZer or something like that. :')
Old September 19th 03, 03:39 PM
deluxe

"Mr. E. Mann" wrote in message
"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in
:
spademan o---[) * wrote in
message ...

[...]

I have some too, but did not get as good a price. No need to change your
name. They should be decent enough.

Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores? James Lynx General 112 June 5th 04 01:22 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
Glacier Point Magna 26" Bike Repair Question sandy Mountain Biking 8 July 21st 03 02:21 PM