DAKINE APEX

Old October 18th 04, 09:10 PM
@davide.it

Default DAKINE APEX

Somone has tied this hydration backpack? I need informations about the back
contact zone and about the hydroreservoir and valve.

--
Bye,
Davide

"L'esperienza è nulla senza cervello"

Cercate eventuali vecchie risposte prima di posta
http://groups.google.it

Old October 18th 04, 10:51 PM
jack

" wrote in message
Somone has tied this hydration backpack? I need informations about the

back
contact zone and about the hydroreservoir and valve.

I got one. I only use it when I need to carry my fullface. It is larger
and heavier than my Camelbak Blowfish even without the fullface netting.
The contact zone is bigger because the pack is bigger. The original
bladder and bike valve is still unused. I just switch my camelbak bladder
and valve between the Apex and Blowfish. I won't use it as my regular
hydration pack unless I need to carry extra gear or the fullface.

Looks like Dakine came out with a smaller version with a different way to
carry the FF. Check it out:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/inter...day1_10_04.php

Old October 19th 04, 01:29 AM
Slacker

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:51:20 -1000, jack wrote:

Looks like Dakine came out with a smaller version with a different way=

carry the FF. Check it out:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/inter...day1_10_04.php

Ahhh, killer! Thanks for that link... I was going to buy the orig large =
=

version, but this (smaller) one is way nicer.

-- =

Slacker
Old October 19th 04, 05:39 PM
@davide.it

I got one. I only use it when I need to carry my fullface. It is
larger and heavier than my Camelbak Blowfish even without the
fullface netting. The contact zone is bigger because the pack is
bigger. The original bladder and bike valve is still unused. I
just switch my camelbak bladder and valve between the Apex and
Blowfish. I won't use it as my regular hydration pack unless I need
to carry extra gear or the fullface.

Looks like Dakine came out with a smaller version with a different
way to carry the FF. Check it out:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/inter...day1_10_04.php

mmhhhh, I always carry a lot of things in by backpack (camelbak Ventoux) and
I'm sure I want a bigger one wich also has the fullface netting. My only
dubts are the contact zone (not for it's dimensions but for the quality, the
materials) and the reservoir!

Old October 19th 04, 07:36 PM
jack

mmhhhh, I always carry a lot of things in by backpack (camelbak Ventoux)

and
I'm sure I want a bigger one wich also has the fullface netting. My only
dubts are the contact zone (not for it's dimensions but for the quality,

the
materials) and the reservoir!

Dakine quality is top notch. The contact zone is comfortable for me. The
reservoir doesn't look like an el cheapo product. I can't say how well it
functions. If you're not happy stick a camelbak bladder in to replace it.

Old October 19th 04, 08:16 PM
@davide.it

jack wrote:
mmhhhh, I always carry a lot of things in by backpack (camelbak
Ventoux) and I'm sure I want a bigger one wich also has the fullface
netting. My only dubts are the contact zone (not for it's dimensions
but for the quality, the materials) and the reservoir!

Dakine quality is top notch. The contact zone is comfortable for me.

OK

The reservoir doesn't look like an el cheapo product. I can't say
how well it functions. If you're not happy stick a camelbak bladder
in to replace it.

It's now time to order it than!

Thanks!

Old October 20th 04, 12:23 AM
Bruce Edge

jack wrote:
" wrote in message

Somone has tied this hydration backpack? I need informations about the

back

contact zone and about the hydroreservoir and valve.

I got one. I only use it when I need to carry my fullface. It is larger
and heavier than my Camelbak Blowfish even without the fullface netting.
The contact zone is bigger because the pack is bigger. The original
bladder and bike valve is still unused. I just switch my camelbak bladder
and valve between the Apex and Blowfish. I won't use it as my regular
hydration pack unless I need to carry extra gear or the fullface.

Looks like Dakine came out with a smaller version with a different way to
carry the FF. Check it out:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/inter...day1_10_04.php

What model is that, the nomad?
I didn't see the bottom straps on the nomad ads though.

-Bruce
Old October 20th 04, 02:40 AM
jack

"Bruce Edge" wrote in message
jack wrote:
" wrote in message

[...]

Per the pinkbike link, bottom strap is new for 05 version.

The 04 Apex does have bottom straps.

Old October 20th 04, 04:59 AM
Slacker

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:51:20 -1000, jack wrote:

" wrote in messa=

ge
Somone has tied this hydration backpack? I need informations about th=

back
contact zone and about the hydroreservoir and valve.

I got one. I only use it when I need to carry my fullface. It is lar=

ger
and heavier than my Camelbak Blowfish even without the fullface nettin=

g.
The contact zone is bigger because the pack is bigger. The original
bladder and bike valve is still unused. I just switch my camelbak =

bladder
and valve between the Apex and Blowfish. I won't use it as my regula=

hydration pack unless I need to carry extra gear or the fullface.

Looks like Dakine came out with a smaller version with a different way=

carry the FF. Check it out:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/inter...day1_10_04.php

BTW, where did you get yours? Looks like all the Dakine dealers near me =
=

are surf shops that don't carry the MTB line.

-- =

Slacker
Old October 20th 04, 03:38 PM
@davide.it