DONE IT! Scored meself a Fixie!!!

Old August 6th 04, 01:39 PM
flyingdutch

Default DONE IT! Scored meself a Fixie!!!

Brian Watson Wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:
[...]

Hippy, et al. I may need advice on gearing, changeing cogs/rings,
drilling forks? (and maybe back brake bridge too?)

I have been hanging out in a fixed gear lists for some time and while
gearing always starts great debates the consensus seems to be that
around 70 gear inches is a good compromise between being able to climb
hills and not spinning out going down. So, with a 52T up front you
would be aiming for 19 (~73 inches) or 20 (~69 inches) at the back.
Personally I don't like big rear cogs (no real reason I guess) so I'd
be
looking for a 42T ring.

My fixies are both converted road bikes so I have no advice on
drilling
for brakes...

Have fun!

Brian

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2004/watson.htm

way cool bike Brian. respect!

funny how everything old is new again. must have seen that curved style
reprised a few times since that frame was 'new'. that's gotta be th
shortest stem I have ever seen!

--
flyingdutch