Giant Tcr

Old August 6th 04, 10:33 AM
NEWTCR

Default Giant Tcr

Hey all...i just bought a TCR Aero and i was hoping to get some feed
back from anyone who knows about or has had an 04 aero....also what
price i should have paid...it has full 105 components...shim xero
wheels and i paid $1650 ok? any feed back about the bike and the 105
components would be appreciated...peace..!

--
NEWTCR

Old August 7th 04, 05:39 AM
tonykara

NEWTCR Wrote:
Hey all...i just bought a TCR Aero and i was hoping to get some feed
back from anyone who knows about or has had an 04 aero....also what
price i should have paid...it has full 105 components...shim xero
wheels and i paid $1650 ok? any feed back about the bike and the 105
components would be appreciated...peace..!

ive got an 2002 TCR 2 (105), ive done about 9000km on my bike. Great
for getting into road riding, 105 is great value its now starting to
get abit clunky but replacing your cables once a year will help.

so is it a good buy for $1650? definately!
is it a frame you will keep and put a better gruppo on it? No......ive
been asking questions regarding different materials to see what my next
steed will be moulded from and what i found is that the TCR is great in
the hills when out of the saddle and on smooth roads. However when
sitting in saddle for prolonged periods and riding on slightly rougher
roads its very rough. as flying Dutch said when we swapped bikes for a
morning he mentioned that he can feel every little bump....he could
even tell what an ant had for breakfast

overall........value for money 10/10.......Initial costs
10/10.......Cost Long Run 0/10*

* Indicates that this bike will make you enjoy riding so much that
after 24 months you will have had alot of fun on your pony and then you
will justify the outlay of $5000 on your first stallion!

having said that

--
tonykara

Old August 7th 04, 01:39 PM
Steve

Or if the comfort factor is an issue you can take 1849$ to your local Giant
dealer & buy a 2005 OCR1 with carbon stays.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ideal/ocr11.gif
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ideal/ocr13.gif
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ideal/ocr12.gif
Bars are 31.8 so a pair of late-model Century tribars will finish off the
kit nicely .

Steve @ IDEAL