Picked up my new Trek 1400 today.

Old August 5th 04, 08:35 PM
Lenny Nelson

Default Picked up my new Trek 1400 today.

Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
The Shimano 105's are great.
I came from a Giant.
Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek , CYA

Lenny

Old August 6th 04, 12:09 AM
flyingdutch

Lenny Nelson Wrote:
Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
The Shimano 105's are great.
I came from a Giant.
Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek ,
CYA

Lenny

nothin like a new bike!

except maybe a sordid office romance, er, um, nothing to see here
people! move along...

--
flyingdutch

Old August 6th 04, 12:15 AM
hippy

Lenny Nelson Wrote:
Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today,
and so far I love it. Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its
handling,
and acceleration. The Shimano 105's are great.

How far is a 'long' 50k ride?

Oh gosh.. Friday.. Captain Sarcasm has arrived...

Good to hear you are happy with your new wheels! It makes getting
out and riding that much nicer with a shiny new bike to pedal.. Enjoy
that new machine!!

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 6th 04, 02:09 AM
Walrus

Lenny Nelson Wrote:
Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
The Shimano 105's are great.
I came from a Giant.
Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek ,
CYA

Lenny

I like the 1400. A mate has one, and it's a nice package. Congrats
and have fun.

--
Walrus

Old August 6th 04, 05:24 AM
gravelmuncher

Lenny Nelson Wrote:
Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
The Shimano 105's are great.
I came from a Giant.
Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek , CYA

Lenny

I've had my 1400 for about 12 months now. I've put about 5000k on it,
a few scratches and some funky Look pedals. I've had it serviced once,
wheels tweaked twice and done nothing else but smile at it. The saddle
sux though.

good time - have one

~j~

--
gravelmuncher

Old August 6th 04, 06:52 AM
Bow

Does it have that "new bike smell" and plastic on the seat?
Grab a posty uniform, rip off your left nut and ride like there's no
tomorrow!

Bow

Old August 6th 04, 12:21 PM
Yuri Budilov

I am just curious - have you also looked at Trek 1500 as compared to Trek
1400 and if so - what is the difference beyond the group set (105 versus
Ultegra)? Not worth extra $300-$400? I am also looking at Trek 1400 or 1500
for "next" bike in 2005 sometime.....

I notice that in USA they do not sell Trek 1400 model but they do sell Trek
1500 in USA and here. Must be local market conditions, I guess....

Old August 6th 04, 12:30 PM
DRS

"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

I am just curious - have you also looked at Trek 1500 as compared to
Trek 1400 and if so - what is the difference beyond the group set
(105 versus Ultegra)? Not worth extra $300-$400? I am also looking at
Trek 1400 or 1500 for "next" bike in 2005 sometime.....

I notice that in USA they do not sell Trek 1400 model but they do
sell Trek 1500 in USA and here. Must be local market conditions, I
guess....

Please don't top-post.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 6th 04, 12:41 PM
Robbie Hewson

I payed $1,899.00 for my Trek 1400, most places have it for $1999, about
$400 of the price, but there are not many left in stock.
I wanted the blue one, but no size in stock for me, so I got a silver one,
which was a 1500 frame, but with the 105 groupset.

I love this bike so much.
I think the 2005 models will be out later this year, but they will probably
be more expensive.

Cheers,
"DRS" wrote in message
"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message

I am just curious - have you also looked at Trek 1500 as compared to
Trek 1400 and if so - what is the difference beyond the group set
(105 versus Ultegra)? Not worth extra $300-$400? I am also looking at
Trek 1400 or 1500 for "next" bike in 2005 sometime.....

I notice that in USA they do not sell Trek 1400 model but they do
sell Trek 1500 in USA and here. Must be local market conditions, I
guess....

Please don't top-post.

--

A: Top-posters.