Southampton cyclist crackdown

Old November 9th 03, 07:10 PM
Tony Raven

Default Southampton cyclist crackdown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/3250625.stm

Gets my support

Tony

Old November 9th 03, 07:18 PM
Simonb

Tony Raven wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/3250625.stm

Gets my support

Tony

Mine too. Though it's a shame they couldn't have included motorists as well.

Old November 9th 03, 07:24 PM
Tony Raven

Simonb wrote:

Mine too. Though it's a shame they couldn't have included motorists
as well.

In Southampton a number of the traffic lights have cameras so motorists
running red lights are getting caught all the time. The worrying thing is
that the cyclists didn't spot the police officers - not paying much
attention to whats happening around them.

Tony

Old November 9th 03, 07:27 PM
Ian

Tony Raven must be edykated coz e writed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/3250625.stm

Gets my support

Tony

And mine.
--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old November 9th 03, 07:32 PM
Simonb

Tony Raven wrote:
Simonb wrote:

Mine too. Though it's a shame they couldn't have included motorists
as well.

In Southampton a number of the traffic lights have cameras so
motorists running red lights are getting caught all the time. The
worrying thing is that the cyclists didn't spot the police officers -
not paying much attention to whats happening around them.

Tony

I live in Southampton, too. I see no evidence of motorists being stopped for
running lights.

Simonb

Old November 9th 03, 07:37 PM
Tony Raven

Simonb wrote:

I live in Southampton, too. I see no evidence of motorists being
stopped for running lights.

You won't. Look for the cameras on the lights. Top end coming onto the
Avenue opposite the Land Rover garage for example. They are like the speed
cameras, you don't get stopped, you get a letter and fixed penalty notice in
the mail based on the photo.

Tony

Old November 9th 03, 08:27 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Tony Raven wrote:

In Southampton a number of the traffic lights have cameras so motorists
running red lights are getting caught all the time. The worrying thing is
that the cyclists didn't spot the police officers - not paying much
attention to whats happening around them.

I know a cyclist who runs red lights at 1am when the roads are
empty...it's his ambition to get caught on camera!

Old November 9th 03, 08:31 PM
Tony Raven

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

I know a cyclist who runs red lights at 1am when the roads are
empty...it's his ambition to get caught on camera!

He needs to wear a t-shirt with his name and address on then so they know
where to send the picture ;-)

Tony

Old November 9th 03, 08:43 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/3250625.stm

Gets my support

Mine too.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 9th 03, 08:48 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/3250625.stm

Gets my support

Mine too.

Forgot to say that on Radio Naarfiik the other day, Plod was on talking about a
pre-Christmas clampdown on motorists with defective lights etc., and after
prompting he stated that cyclists with defective lights would also be
targetted. Perhaps there's some sort of national initiative going on I wonder?

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune

Cyclist scraps around the world plans Mike Kruger General 5 June 21st 04 09:23 PM
not a cyclist loki General 38 May 22nd 04 02:06 PM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
What Makes You A Cyclist? TheCyclist2002 General 87 March 21st 04 05:42 AM
Hog attacks cyclist in Hong Kong Scott Munro General 4 September 16th 03 05:05 PM