MSR top eight, not following protocol

Old March 24th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jeff Jones

Default MSR top eight, not following protocol

(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Tom Boonen (Bel, Quick.Step)
3 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery Channel)
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus, Predictor-Lotto)
5 Stuart O'Grady (Aus, CSC)
6 Erik Zabel (Ger, Milram)
7 Gabriele Balducci (Ita, Acqua e Sapone)
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita, Milram)

Old March 24th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jeff Jones

On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "Jeff Jones" wrote:
(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery Channel)
3 Tom Boonen (Bel, Quick.Step)
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus, Predictor-Lotto)
5 Stuart O'Grady (Aus, CSC)
6 Erik Zabel (Ger, Milram)
7 Gabriele Balducci (Ita, Acqua e Sapone)
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita, Milram)

Correction, Boonen was third, not second.

Jeff

Old March 24th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Jeff Jones wrote:
On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "Jeff Jones" wrote:
(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery Channel)
3 Tom Boonen (Bel, Quick.Step)
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus, Predictor-Lotto)
5 Stuart O'Grady (Aus, CSC)
6 Erik Zabel (Ger, Milram)
7 Gabriele Balducci (Ita, Acqua e Sapone)
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita, Milram)

Correction, Boonen was third, not second.

Three Aussies in top five.

Petacchi has lost it.

When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Old March 24th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:49:17 +0100, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

Jeff Jones wrote:
On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "Jeff Jones" wrote:
(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery Channel)
3 Tom Boonen (Bel, Quick.Step)
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus, Predictor-Lotto)
5 Stuart O'Grady (Aus, CSC)
6 Erik Zabel (Ger, Milram)
7 Gabriele Balducci (Ita, Acqua e Sapone)
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita, Milram)

Correction, Boonen was third, not second.

Three Aussies in top five.

Petacchi has lost it.

When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Yeah, he doesn't really need a leadout, but he does benefit from
teamwork in the final. Like last year at Brabantse Pijl.

Maybe Valverde lead him out for the win at the Worlds in Verona?

--
JT
****************************
Old March 24th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Robert Chung wrote:
When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Worlds 2004 (Verona).

--
E. Dronkert
Old March 24th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Worlds 2004 (Verona).

Possibly. He's good enough to come off another team's train. I like him a
lot.

Petacchi finished behind his own lead-out.

Popovych held on longer than I expected. When Ricco attacked on the Poggio I
thought he had a chance to stay clear.

Old March 24th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Robert Chung wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Worlds 2004 (Verona).

Possibly. He's good enough to come off another team's train. I like him a
lot.

Petacchi finished behind his own lead-out.

Petacchi sat up when he saw Freire and Boonen pull away in front of him.
If he kept his head down he would have finished ahead of Zabel.
Old March 24th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 24, 7:18 pm, "Robert Chung" wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Worlds 2004 (Verona).

Possibly. He's good enough to come off another team's train. I like him a
lot.

Petacchi finished behind his own lead-out.

Popovych held on longer than I expected. When Ricco attacked on the Poggio I
thought he had a chance to stay clear.

Popovych's counter was great too.

I thought the same thing about Ricco. I nearly fell out of my chair
several times. I figured he could stay away when I saw Bettini,
pulling everyone down the hill, do a little scramble on one of the
turns. I figured nobody was making up time there, and if Bettini was
doing the pulling after his effort up the Poggio, I figured everyone
else was wasted. A very exciting finish.

Anyone know how the Gerolsteiner guy is doing?

Joseph

Old March 24th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 24, 4:49 pm, "Robert Chung" wrote:

Petacchi has lost it.

Zabel must be kind of ****ed. Think what could have happened if
Petacchi led him out instead of the other way around.

Joseph

Old March 24th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 24 Mar 2007 11:35:09 -0700, "
wrote:

On Mar 24, 4:49 pm, "Robert Chung" wrote:

Petacchi has lost it.

Zabel must be kind of ****ed. Think what could have happened if
Petacchi led him out instead of the other way around.

Yeah, Milram would have gotten a second place. And I mean that in the
nicest possible way.
--
JT

Fattie Master Protocol RonSonic Racing 31 September 2nd 06 08:19 PM
Victory salute protocol [email protected] Racing 1 August 1st 06 12:26 PM
Tabata Protocol, part 2 jj General 0 April 5th 05 02:31 PM
Tabata Protocol? jj General 0 April 2nd 05 04:46 AM
TdF posting protocol? John Mallard UK 5 July 3rd 04 01:25 PM