Fattie Master Protocol

Old August 30th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default Fattie Master Protocol

Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

Ron
Old August 30th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dbrower

RonSonic wrote:
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

Ron

Well, I usually use a cooler; it can carry the Floyd Approved
Replishment Therapy that comes in six-packs.

-dB

Old August 30th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RonSonic wrote:
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

Ron

It sure worked for disc golf:
http://discgolf.gottagogottathrow.co...roducts_id/955
http://www.plu-ent.com/store/product...No%20Obstacles

Have you stopped snowboarding with strap-style bindings due to having
too large of a gut and general lack of flexibility that you can no
longer deal with getting the straps racheted into place at the top of
the run?

-bdbafh

Old August 30th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RonSonic wrote:
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

If it's the type of folding armchair that has a holder/pocket
in the arm for a beer can, hell yeah it's appropriate.

What you need to watch out for is when guys start bringing
actual upholstered recliners.

Old August 30th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

RonSonic wrote:
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

A Rocker/Recliner would get you extra points to be sure ......

Bill

--

William R. Mattil : http://www.celestial-images.com
Old August 30th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

RonSonic wrote:
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

Ron

I defer this question to Henry. He runs the Masters Fatty division. I
don't think he's going to be happy with this question though.

Magilla
Old August 30th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

MagillaGorilla wrote:
RonSonic wrote:
Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on their
socks.

Ron

I defer this question to Henry. He runs the Masters Fatty division. I
don't think he's going to be happy with this question though.

Magilla

I'm still unclear as to the difference between a Masters Fatty and the
Fatty Masters.
Perhaps I'm actually dislexic and never knew it.

-bdbafh

Old September 1st 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Boostland

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Is it appropriate for an aspiring fatty master to carry a stool or folding
chair
in his vehicle to make changing shoes or working on the bike more
comfortable?

I'm seeing this a LOT these days, guys taking furniture along to put on
their
socks.

Ron

I ride to all my races that are less than 100 km away from home.

Not sure how far I am up the fatty master scale.

I weigh about 95 kg's and am 193 cm's tall and am 38 years old ( in 3 hrs
time ), and am suited to point score track sprint races as I am a reasonably
fast sprinter but also have a lot of strength and quick recovery.

I do roughly 500 km's a week training including racing both days on the
weekend, last week I managed to get 620 km's in including a race over a
mountain range.

The next day after that I raced in B grade with the local veterans club and
after a series of 6 attacks ( which I jumped the gap to all of them )
Another rider and I managed to ride away from the group with about 18 km's
of the race remaining, we beat them by close to 1 km in the end.

The previous 2 times I raced with that club I have been in 3 person break
aways so I am guessing next time I show it will be A grade for me :P

I have only just got back on my bike this may after a 16 year break due to
knee injury and have managed to move up the grades quite quickly, as I used
to be a A grade rider when I was in peak form so know how to train and hurt
myself ( and others ).

I am using my ~ 20 year clincher old wheels ( for some bigger $$ races I
have used my ~20 year old continental tubulars ) and 1991 campag c-record
parts of a wrecked pinarello on a $300au Aldi supermarket bicycle including
downtube shifters.
This has ****ed off quite a few of the guys I have beaten as they have spent
a hell of a lot more $$ than I have, the prize $$ that I have won since
coming back is way more than both my Aldi bikes cost me

Old September 1st 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:41:56 +1000, "Boostland"
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Cool, so do you have a favorite chair for changing your shoes?

Ron

Old September 1st 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty

"RonSonic" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:41:56 +1000, "Boostland"
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

To the previous poster:
Is that the Aldi chain of discount stores that is similar to Wal-Mart? What
kind of tubing, and do you know who made the bicycle for them?

Master Fattie or Fatty? Bestest Handsander Racing 2 March 14th 06 05:02 PM
Study links Obesity and Master Fattie Delusion Kurgan Gringioni Racing 2 May 2nd 05 09:34 PM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
Fuentes wins another as fattie Master takes the moral high road. What would you do? scott Racing 6 September 30th 04 07:44 AM