MSR top eight, not following protocol

Old March 24th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default MSR top eight, not following protocol

On Mar 24, 7:18 pm, "Robert Chung" wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

Worlds 2004 (Verona).

Possibly. He's good enough to come off another team's train. I like him a
lot.

Petacchi finished behind his own lead-out.

Popovych held on longer than I expected. When Ricco attacked on the Poggio I
thought he had a chance to stay clear.

Popovych's counter was great too.

I thought the same thing about Ricco. I nearly fell out of my chair
several times. I figured he could stay away when I saw Bettini,
pulling everyone down the hill, do a little scramble on one of the
turns. I figured nobody was making up time there, and if Bettini was
doing the pulling after his effort up the Poggio, I figured everyone
else was wasted. A very exciting finish.

Anyone know how the Gerolsteiner guy is doing?

Joseph

Old March 24th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Kyle Legate wrote:

Petacchi sat up when he saw Freire and Boonen pull away in front of
him. If he kept his head down he would have finished ahead of Zabel.

Well, I should hope so -- but if he was as dominant as he was two years ago
those guys wouldn't have been able to come around him.

One of the reasons I like Freire is because he doesn't give up.

Old March 24th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 24 Mar 2007 11:35:09 -0700, "
wrote:

On Mar 24, 4:49 pm, "Robert Chung" wrote:

Petacchi has lost it.

Zabel must be kind of ****ed. Think what could have happened if
Petacchi led him out instead of the other way around.

Yeah, Milram would have gotten a second place. And I mean that in the
nicest possible way.
--
JT
****************************
Old March 24th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
Jeff Jones wrote:
On Mar 24, 3:24 pm, "Jeff Jones" wrote:
(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery Channel)
3 Tom Boonen (Bel, Quick.Step)
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus, Predictor-Lotto)
5 Stuart O'Grady (Aus, CSC)
6 Erik Zabel (Ger, Milram)
7 Gabriele Balducci (Ita, Acqua e Sapone)
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita, Milram)

Correction, Boonen was third, not second.

Three Aussies in top five.

Petacchi has lost it.

When was the last time Freire won off a teammate's lead-out?

I can't remember him EVER winning with a leadout from another Rabo.

Old March 24th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Finestre

In article . net,
cyclintom@yahoo. says...

By the way, did anyone watch this on British Eurosport? Three words:
David Goddamn Duffield! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

Do you really need to have someone to tell you what to think when you're
watching the races? Duffield is actually a bit entertaining since he do
obviously hasn't a clue. Hell of a lot better than Kirsten Gumm.

No, but when Italian TV showed the finish of the amateur race, he
thought the winner was Mario Cipollini. Duffield has always been a
terrible commentator, but judging by today's performance, he's also now
senile.
Old March 25th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article .com, "Jeff
Jones" wrote:

(http://procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2723)

1 Oscar Freire (Spa, Rabobank)
2 Tom Boonen (Bel, Quick.Step)
3 Allan Davis (Aus, Discovery Channel)
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus, Predictor-Lotto)
5 Stuart O'Grady (Aus, CSC)
6 Erik Zabel (Ger, Milram)
7 Gabriele Balducci (Ita, Acqua e Sapone)
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita, Milram)

Hey, that's a good finish - I picked Freire but I'd also thought that
Davis (who ended up in second, as JJ mentions in the followup post) might
do well. McEwen did better than I expected.

--
tanx,
Howard
Old March 25th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Finestre wrote:
Duffield has always been a
terrible commentator, but judging by today's performance, he's also now
senile.

Yes, but what did he have for dinner last night?

Bob Schwartz
Old March 25th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bjorn

On Mar 24, 1:15 pm, Finestre wrote:
In article om,
says...

Anyone know how the Gerolsteiner guy is doing?

Moletta? First thing I thought when seeing it: broken leg. It was
pointing at a rather strange angle as he hung upside down, trying to
disentangle himself from the pole.

Didn't look good. Neither did Kopp, really, but at least he seemed to
be moving. Bad day for Gerolsteiner all round.

They sure did. Moletta does have a broken leg (but in good spirits,
telling Holczer he'll be back for the Vuelta...), Kopp with a broken
Nose and Rebellin, Haussler, and Wegmann also victims of crashes
(Rebellin could finish, the other two abandoned).

bjorn

bjorn

Fattie Master Protocol RonSonic Racing 31 September 2nd 06 08:19 PM
Victory salute protocol [email protected] Racing 1 August 1st 06 12:26 PM
Tabata Protocol, part 2 jj General 0 April 5th 05 02:31 PM
Tabata Protocol? jj General 0 April 2nd 05 04:46 AM
TdF posting protocol? John Mallard UK 5 July 3rd 04 01:25 PM