...and another one bites the dust.

Old August 20th 13, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

Default ...and another one bites the dust.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/eusk...-of-the-season
Old August 20th 13, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season

Sad, very say

--
Davey Crockett
Fly your Flag
Old August 20th 13, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 20/08/2013 15:56, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season

Sad, very say

Yup, if one of cycling's heartlands can't support a pro racing team then
it's safe to say this sport might very well be ****ed.
Old August 20th 13, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:05:45 PM UTC-5, atriage wrote:
On 20/08/2013 15:56, Davey Crockett wrote:

atriage a écrit profondement:

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season

Sad, very say

Yup, if one of cycling's heartlands can't support a pro racing team then

it's safe to say this sport might very well be ****ed.

As the article points out, it's a public funding issue. The team has had limited results in the grand tours (a couple of early wins in the Vuelta)and hasn't help itself very much.

Old August 20th 13, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 20/08/2013 15:56, Davey Crockett wrote:
| atriage a écrit profondement:

| |
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season
|
| Sad, very say
|
|ront yard for Yup, if one of cycling's heartlands can't support a pro racing team
| then it's safe to say this sport might very well be ****ed.

I have a faint hope that someone might step in to cover the
shortfall.

I got to know several of the riders quite well as their bus was
parked in my front yard for most of the Volta a Algarve.

The Volta a Algarve is unfortunately another race which is
doubtful of another running.

How it was managed this year is another story, but Davey played a
small part and worked his ass off to help the promoter to put it
on by twisting a lot of arms.

Old August 20th 13, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 20/08/2013 8:58 PM, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 20/08/2013 15:56, Davey Crockett wrote:
| atriage a écrit profondement:

| |
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season
|
| Sad, very say
|
|ront yard for Yup, if one of cycling's heartlands can't support a pro racing team
| then it's safe to say this sport might very well be ****ed.

I have a faint hope that someone might step in to cover the
shortfall.

I got to know several of the riders quite well as their bus was
parked in my front yard for most of the Volta a Algarve.

The Volta a Algarve is unfortunately another race which is
doubtful of another running.

How it was managed this year is another story, but Davey played a
small part and worked his ass off to help the promoter to put it
on by twisting a lot of arms.

I hope you're right and that Eskaltel-Euskadi gets a 2nd sponsor. We've
been big fans for ages.... one of my daughters has Basque connections,
indeed a Basque substitute family, she's a linguist and spends time
there. A proud people.

Here's hoping.

--
Chris

'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.'

(Oscar Wilde.)
Old August 20th 13, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 20/08/2013 21:37, Mower Man wrote:
On 20/08/2013 8:58 PM, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 20/08/2013 15:56, Davey Crockett wrote:
| atriage a écrit profondement:

| |

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/euskaltel-euskadi-confirms-that-it-will-disband-at-the-end-of-the-season

| Sad, very say
|
|ront yard for Yup, if one of cycling's heartlands can't support a pro
racing team
| then it's safe to say this sport might very well be ****ed.

I have a faint hope that someone might step in to cover the
shortfall.

I got to know several of the riders quite well as their bus was
parked in my front yard for most of the Volta a Algarve.

The Volta a Algarve is unfortunately another race which is
doubtful of another running.

How it was managed this year is another story, but Davey played a
small part and worked his ass off to help the promoter to put it
on by twisting a lot of arms.

I hope you're right and that Eskaltel-Euskadi gets a 2nd sponsor. We've
been big fans for ages.... one of my daughters has Basque connections,
indeed a Basque substitute family, she's a linguist and spends time
there. A proud people.

Here's hoping.

Yeah I've spent some time there, the coastal towns are *****ing*
expensive but they reduce speed limits on major roads for the
convenience of cyclists and racing is still an enormously popular sport
there. I just can't believe that Euskatel aren't making enough money to
keep going with the sponsorship, I didn't notice that people were using
their phones less last time I was there, a lot of them have the ****ing
things glued to their ears. I guess the Spanish crisis is taking it's
toll on everything, every day you read a new horror story in the Spanish
press, if you are unemployed and under 30 your chances of getting a job
are somewhere between none and zero.
Old August 20th 13, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| Yeah I've spent some time there, the coastal towns are *****ing*
| expensive but they reduce speed limits on major roads for the
| convenience of cyclists and racing is still an enormously popular
| sport there. I just can't believe that Euskatel aren't making enough
| money to keep going with the sponsorship, I didn't notice that people
| were using their phones less last time I was there, a lot of them have
| the ****ing things glued to their ears. I guess the Spanish crisis is
| taking it's toll on everything, every day you read a new horror story
| in the Spanish press, if you are unemployed and under 30 your chances
| of getting a job are somewhere between none and zero.

Frigging cell phones.

Calls are dirt cheap in PT-Land although the phones themselves
are fantastically expensive.

Nevertheless, it seems that you're a nobody unless you spend at
least 12 hours a day spouting bull**** to somebody who isn't
really listening.

-
Davey Crockett
Was würden sie über ihr Land denken jetzt, jene Burschen, die
knietief im Schlamm und das Blut und Eingeweide ihrer toten
Kameraden in der Ratte befallen Schützengräben an der Somme
watete?

What would they think about their country now; those lads who
waded knee deep in mud and the blood and guts of their dead
comrades in the rat infested trenches of the Somme?

Old August 20th 13, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 20/08/2013 22:51, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| Yeah I've spent some time there, the coastal towns are *****ing*
| expensive but they reduce speed limits on major roads for the
| convenience of cyclists and racing is still an enormously popular
| sport there. I just can't believe that Euskatel aren't making enough
| money to keep going with the sponsorship, I didn't notice that people
| were using their phones less last time I was there, a lot of them have
| the ****ing things glued to their ears. I guess the Spanish crisis is
| taking it's toll on everything, every day you read a new horror story
| in the Spanish press, if you are unemployed and under 30 your chances
| of getting a job are somewhere between none and zero.

Frigging cell phones.

Calls are dirt cheap in PT-Land although the phones themselves
are fantastically expensive.

Nevertheless, it seems that you're a nobody unless you spend at
least 12 hours a day spouting bull**** to somebody who isn't
really listening.

Kind of like usenet really.