BiGHA Comments

Old November 9th 03, 02:06 AM
a&b

Default BiGHA Comments

Gaahhh!

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote:

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

“In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s crazy.”
Charles Manson

Old November 9th 03, 02:27 AM
Mark Leuck

"Tom Thompson" wrote in message

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
k.net...

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

“In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s

crazy.”
Charles Manson

We've already been down this road.....

I suspect he has a hidden desire to own one and is waiting for the price to
fall to $2,999, this way he can say that nobody bought one for $3,000 but
its okay that he paid below that figure

Old November 9th 03, 03:14 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Tom Thompson wrote:

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
k.net...

NiCK wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote in message

NiCK wrote:

There has been alot of different speculations about the new BiGHA (And
yes, that is how you correctly type BiGHA), what is the big turnaround
on BiGHA? The pricetag? The history of BikeE? I think not. All minor
'irritations' that reroute the opinions of people new to the idea of
simply better technology being used efficiently on a practical way of
bettering bicycle tourists. What's wrong with reimproving something
that could use a more ideal purpose. Ideas are what create success.

Anyway, I'm just saying that BiGHA is doing something many dare not to
attempt, they are reintroducing success out of a newly formed toolbox
of ideas, 'because' it's possible...

Nicholas H

P.S.
Hello Lee@BiGHA, guess who ( : Hint: lots of email : )

So do you work for BiGHA's advertising agency [1], or are you just
trying to get a job there?

[1] The pretentious and atrocious writing style is (un)worthy of
advertising copywriter.

Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon

I'm just making a point based from my perceptions on BiGHA, even if a
disagreeance is enevitable. And also i'm not an 'advertising
copywriter.

-- NiCK

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

“In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s crazy.”
Charles Manson

We've already been down this road.....

And still no answer...

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"We recognize, however dimly, that greater efficiency, ease, and
security may come at a substantial price in freedom, that law and order
can be a doublethink version of oppression, that individual liberties
surrendered for whatever good reason are freedom lost."
Walter Cronkite, in the preface to the 1984 edition of 1984

Old November 9th 03, 03:17 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Lawrence Turner wrote:

It was actually listed as a "Go-Kart," something I doubt Bigha had
anything to do with. The charity or eBay was probably responsible for
listing (or mis-listing) the bike.

I guess I don't get the point of your post. Are you saying that a
Bigha is not worth its asking price? Most auction items do not go for
true market value, which is why you can often get a great deal on a
car, a house or anything else on auction. Only silly personal items,
like Princess Diana's toaster will get big bucks. If you're using this
charity auction as means of assessing Bigha's value, you are mistaken.

Geez, what has this come to? Bigha DONATES a bike to CHARITY and we
pick on them? Earth to A.R.B.R.!!!!

"skip" wrote in message ...

There was a BiGHA on eBay auctioned by a charity with no reserve. It sold
for $1,805.00. There were 50 bids with more than half of them from someone
bidding as nsacres. There is a Mr. Acres, John I think, who is the chief
executive of Bigha.

It was listed as a recreational bike rather than as a recumbent. BiGHA
seems to go to great lengths not to mention the word recumbent. Maybe
that's a good thing.

skip

Who says Bigha donated it? Maybe someone bought it and found out what a
clunker it was and unloaded to a charity for a tax write off.

Old November 9th 03, 03:18 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Mark Leuck wrote:

"Tom Thompson" wrote in message

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
ink.net...

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

“In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s

crazy.”

Charles Manson

We've already been down this road.....

I suspect he has a hidden desire to own one and is waiting for the price to
fall to $2,999, this way he can say that nobody bought one for $3,000 but
its okay that he paid below that figure

I already have a slow heavy comfort bike. One that cost about one fifth
what a Bigha costs.

Old November 9th 03, 03:48 AM
Edward Wong

I'm just making a point based from my perceptions on BiGHA, even if a
disagreeance is enevitable. And also i'm not an 'advertising
copywriter.

-- NiCK

Nick, as soon as I seen the title of the thread I knew you were going
to get mostly "troll" responses especially from one individual whose
inicials are LLL. On the up side, Entreprenuer Magazine a couple of
months ago had a positive write up on BiGHa, though it centered mostly
around John Acres's business savy and his knack for taking risks. The
article did mention that at the time, BiGHa had already made several
hundred thousand dollars in sales...good considering that they haven't
been officially in business for a full year at the time.

All in all, this is a great newsgroup but you got to separate the
"chaff" from the good.

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL
Old November 9th 03, 04:38 AM
skip

"Lawrence Turner" wrote in message
m...
It was actually listed as a "Go-Kart," something I doubt Bigha had
anything to do with. The charity or eBay was probably responsible for
listing (or mis-listing) the bike.

I guess I don't get the point of your post. Are you saying that a
Bigha is not worth its asking price? Most auction items do not go for
true market value, which is why you can often get a great deal on a
car, a house or anything else on auction. Only silly personal items,
like Princess Diana's toaster will get big bucks. If you're using this
charity auction as means of assessing Bigha's value, you are mistaken.

Geez, what has this come to? Bigha DONATES a bike to CHARITY and we
pick on them? Earth to A.R.B.R.!!!!

Just reporting the facts Mr. Turner. The point is whatever you choose to
make of the facts.

I do know it's a fact that Bay does not prepare the seller's listing for
their auction as you suggest. That's always the seller's responsibility.
In this case it was listing was for a "BiGHA Recreational Bike" as I stated
previously and not as a "go-kart" as you state in your post. The auction
number is 3634370495 if anyone wants to verify my statements.

Again the bike was sold for $1805.00 on a no reserve auction where there
were 50 bids with over half of them made by someone with the same last name
as the BiGHA CEO. Make of that whatever you wish or nothing at all.

The charity was WIRED Auctions for Starbright Foundation. Wired Auctions
would seem to be an arm of WIRED Magazine. I don't think it would be unusual
for the bike to come into WIRED's possession through an advertising
agreement of some sort with BiGHA. The Starbright Foundation is listed as a
charity benefiting sick children.

skip

Old November 9th 03, 07:40 AM
NiCK

a&b wrote in message ...
Gaahhh!

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote:

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

?In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody?s crazy.?
Charles Manson

I think i'll sit back and watch the comments as they bore me to know
how picky benters and bicyclers get...
Old November 9th 03, 07:47 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

NiCK wrote:
a&b wrote in message ...

Gaahhh!

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote:

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

?In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody?s crazy.?
Charles Manson

I think i'll sit back and watch the comments as they bore me to know
how picky benters and bicyclers get...

So you have NOT bought a Bigha? Why not? Could it be because it costs
too much?

Old November 9th 03, 07:52 AM
NiCK

a&b wrote in message ...
Gaahhh!

"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote:

Have you paid the full $3000.00 price for a Bigha?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

?In the old days being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody?s crazy.?
Charles Manson

Can you compair any logic to why it would cost so much and have of a
load of technology ...

new Bigha web site... Ernest General 11 November 30th 03 02:41 PM
BiGHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 1 September 28th 03 08:03 AM
BigHA review and money better spent. Alpha Beta Recumbent Biking 2 September 28th 03 01:50 AM