$6,000 down the toilet!!!

Old December 9th 04, 01:26 AM
Slacker

On 8 Dec 2004 11:11:47 -0800, wrote:

Slacker wrote:
Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)

It's a sign of the times. The "users" have used up that area and must=

go now to ruin another. I remember the slogan used by the antidrug
campaign of my elementary school days, "Users are losers".
Learn to pedal, Slacker.

JD

Yep. Too many a-holes just taking, not giving anything back to the sport=
=

or fellow/future riders. Then the spoiled brats that can't control their=
=

own lust, have to start hacking up the mtn with illegal trails. This =

****ed me off before, but now it makes me want to beat someone's ass... =
=

good thing I'm not a violent person.

This whole deal reminds me so much of Skater-Cross back in the 70's (or =
=

was it 80's?). Remember that kickass skate park in Reseda? They had to =

shut it down too. And then of course the subsequent claiming of pools to=
=

ride in... illegally of course.

It's deja vu all over again.

Time to pedal, and peddle.
-- =

Slacker
Old December 9th 04, 01:35 AM
Slacker

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:31:26 -0800, Chris Glidden =
m =

wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsin17lapm83lxu@slacker...
Someone hold me... please... :-( :-( :-(

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/7280.0.html

http://www.teambigbear.com/

--
Slacker (sniff, sniff)

Time to start riding uphill as well brother. A sub 30 lbs bike doesn'=

sound too bad about now I bet.

It sure does. Looking at some possibilities right now.

-- =

Slacker
Old December 9th 04, 04:09 AM
Gwood

$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they go
UPhill too ;-)

Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride it lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper. Have fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very old and
healthy.

God, I sound like my father...

Old December 9th 04, 04:18 AM
Slacker

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:09:31 -0800, Gwood wrote:

$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they go=

UPhill too ;-)

Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride it =

=

lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper. Have=

=

fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very old =

and
healthy.

God, I sound like my father...

hehehe... you old geezer!

But that's sound counsel, thanks.
-- =

Slacker
Old December 9th 04, 04:29 AM
small change

Slacker wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:09:31 -0800, Gwood wrote:

$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they
go UPhill too ;-)

Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride it
lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper.
Have fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very
old and healthy.

God, I sound like my father...

hehehe... you old geezer!

But that's sound counsel, thanks.

you start now, you just might be ready for idaho next summer.

Sea level gravity boy? LOL.

Here, you need some of these:

http://store.bianchiusa.com/cgi-bin/...ml?id=MJmkvA3c

Old December 9th 04, 04:35 AM
Slacker

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:29:54 -0800, small change =

wrote:

Slacker wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:09:31 -0800, Gwood wrote:

$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they
go UPhill too ;-)

Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride i=

lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper.
Have fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very
old and healthy.

God, I sound like my father...

hehehe... you old geezer!

But that's sound counsel, thanks.

you start now, you just might be ready for idaho next summer.

Sea level gravity boy? LOL.

Here, you need some of these:

http://store.bianchiusa.com/cgi-bin/...?id=3DMJmkvA3c

$12 for a sock!!! Are you mad?!?!!?

-- =

Slacker
Old December 9th 04, 04:36 AM
small change

wrote:

Slacker wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:09:31 -0800, Gwood wrote:

$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they
go UPhill too ;-)

Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride
it lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper.
Have fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very
old and healthy.

God, I sound like my father...

hehehe... you old geezer!

But that's sound counsel, thanks.

you start now, you just might be ready for idaho next summer.

Sea level gravity boy? LOL.

Here, you need some of these:

http://store.bianchiusa.com/cgi-bin/...ml?id=MJmkvA3c

$12 for a sock!!! Are you mad?!?!!?

you know you want them.

Old December 9th 04, 04:54 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n

Gwood wrote:
$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they go
UPhill too ;-)

Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride it lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper. Have fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very old and
healthy.

Or keep the pig bike, ride lots, and make XC-only
weenies crack on uphills AND downhills.
Old December 9th 04, 04:59 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

wrote:

Here, you need some of these:

http://store.bianchiusa.com/cgi-bin/...ml?id=MJmkvA3c

$12 for a sock!!! Are you mad?!?!!?

They're only $6 each

(Weird -- first time I clicked link I got "Your Bike Sucks" socks; now the
"Master Says Faster" ones.)

--
BS (no, really)

Old December 9th 04, 05:22 AM
Slacker

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:54:42 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n =

wrote:

Gwood wrote:
$6K for one bike? That's more than most cars I've owned - and they g=

UPhill too ;-)
Sell the bike. Get a reasonable XC machine for 1/3 of that. Ride i=

t =

lots.
Be very fit, avoid high speed collisions, live long and prosper. Hav=

e =

fun
with the other $4K and remember your wise choice when you're very old=

=

and
healthy.

Or keep the pig bike, ride lots, and make XC-only weenies crack on =

uphills AND downhills.

What does your piggy weigh? And do you climb often with it?

My Turner is @ 48.5 lbs, but I was amazed at how easy it rolls up little=
=

tech climbs.
-- =