Lance bottle contents...?

Old July 13th 05, 03:27 AM
Jaybee

Default Lance bottle contents...?

Just before the devil appeared at 10K, Lance took a bottle from someone at roadside
on the final climb. This must be a DC staff person, and it stationed there to
provide water or energy drink. Otherwise, how would Lance know what was in the
bottle? Couldn't be just anyone there. Do more teams use this technique on a
climb, when the team car is prohibited from providing a bottle?
Haven't seen this until now.
Old July 13th 05, 03:52 AM
Jack Hollis

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:27:24 -0700, Jaybee
wrote:

Just before the devil appeared at 10K, Lance took a bottle from someone at roadside
on the final climb. This must be a DC staff person, and it stationed there to
provide water or energy drink. Otherwise, how would Lance know what was in the
bottle? Couldn't be just anyone there. Do more teams use this technique on a
climb, when the team car is prohibited from providing a bottle?
Haven't seen this until now.

I can't imagine that Lance would drink anything that someone he didn't
know gave him, so I assume it's a DISCO person who gave it to him. I
also assume that it's legal.
Old July 13th 05, 04:03 AM
Jaybee

wrote:

Just before the devil appeared at 10K, Lance took a bottle from someone at roadside
on the final climb. This must be a DC staff person, and it stationed there to
provide water or energy drink. Otherwise, how would Lance know what was in the
bottle? Couldn't be just anyone there. Do more teams use this technique on a
climb, when the team car is prohibited from providing a bottle?
Haven't seen this until now.

I can't imagine that Lance would drink anything that someone he didn't
know gave him, so I assume it's a DISCO person who gave it to him. I
also assume that it's legal.

Yes, I think the coverage mentioned that is was illegal for a team car to provide
bottles, to avoid any rest station while climbing. But it seems that it only makes
sense to station someone on the way up with bottles.
Old July 13th 05, 08:19 AM
Stewart Fleming

Jaybee wrote:

Just before the devil appeared at 10K, Lance took a bottle from someone
at roadside on the final climb. This must be a DC staff person, and it
stationed there to provide water or energy drink. Otherwise, how would
Lance know what was in the bottle? Couldn't be just anyone there. Do
more teams use this technique on a climb, when the team car is
prohibited from providing a bottle?
Haven't seen this until now.

Voight was slugging mineral water too.
You can't win the Tour without mineral water.
Old July 13th 05, 09:02 AM
Jet

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:19:36 +1200, Stewart Fleming
wrote:

Jaybee wrote:

Just before the devil appeared at 10K, Lance took a bottle from someone
at roadside on the final climb. This must be a DC staff person, and it
stationed there to provide water or energy drink. Otherwise, how would
Lance know what was in the bottle? Couldn't be just anyone there. Do
more teams use this technique on a climb, when the team car is
prohibited from providing a bottle?
Haven't seen this until now.

Voight was slugging mineral water too.

Angelina Jolie's Dad is riding in the Tour? Whoa.

Or do you mean Jens Voigt's evil twin? ;-p

jj

You can't win the Tour without mineral water.

Old July 13th 05, 01:43 PM
Joe Blow

wrote:

Just before the devil appeared at 10K, Lance took a bottle from someone at roadside
on the final climb. This must be a DC staff person, and it stationed there to
provide water or energy drink. Otherwise, how would Lance know what was in the
bottle? Couldn't be just anyone there. Do more teams use this technique on a
climb, when the team car is prohibited from providing a bottle?
Haven't seen this until now.

Lance's provider was wearing a team Disco jersey so you have to assume
it was planned. but I don't remember seeing that move before.

Voigt took an open water bottle from a spectator as he struggled up
the climb and I was shocked that he actually took a big swig (instead
of just using it to pour on his back).
Old July 13th 05, 04:46 PM
Donald Munro

Joe Blow wrote:
Voigt took an open water bottle from a spectator as he struggled up
the climb and I was shocked that he actually took a big swig (instead
of just using it to pour on his back).

Thats Ok, it was Gerolsteiner water.

Old July 13th 05, 09:35 PM
Tom Kunich

And you can narrow that down to:

1) Pelligrino
2) Vichy Catalan

Now what we need is a research paper on which of these mineral waters
offer's the highest energy content.

http://www.mgwater.com/minwaters.shtml

But then they don't tell us what waters are what.