I have a feeling...

Old July 15th 05, 10:18 PM
Stewart Fleming

Default I have a feeling...

....that Ullrich is going up the road in stage 14.

Discovery still stuck on the launch pad.
Old July 15th 05, 10:25 PM
Bill C

Stewart Fleming wrote:
...that Ullrich is going up the road in stage 14.

Discovery still stuck on the launch pad.

I'd love to think that could happen, but I'm not sure he has it in him
at this point. They let Vino go early, but I don't think they'll ever
let Jan go even if he is beaten up from the crashes.
I've resigned myself to another Lance win. The only way I can see for
that not to happen would be illness, or a bad crash. I would really
hate to see anything like that happen so what is, is.
Bill C

Old July 15th 05, 10:32 PM

Stewart Fleming a =E9crit :
...that Ullrich is going up the road in stage 14.

Discovery still stuck on the launch pad.

If he ever really gets dropped by Ullrich, all Armstrong has to do is
crash=20
and Ullrich will fall apart.

-ilan

Old July 15th 05, 10:39 PM
Bob Schwartz

Stewart Fleming wrote:
...that Ullrich is going up the road in stage 14.

Discovery still stuck on the launch pad.

Historically he's done better in the Pyrenees
than the Alps. But I still think you're on
crack.

Bob Schwartz

Old July 15th 05, 11:45 PM

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:18:58 +1200, Stewart Fleming
wrote:

...that Ullrich is going up the road in stage 14.

Didn't he try that at one point in the Alps last year ?

It seemed like everyone else collaborated to catch him.

Old July 16th 05, 12:36 AM
Stupid Newbie

"Bill C" wrote in
ups.com:

Stewart Fleming wrote:
...that Ullrich is going up the road in stage 14.

Discovery still stuck on the launch pad.

I'd love to think that could happen, but I'm not sure he
has it in him
at this point. They let Vino go early, but I don't think
they'll ever let Jan go even if he is beaten up from the
crashes.
I've resigned myself to another Lance win. The only way I
can see for
that not to happen would be illness, or a bad crash. I
would really hate to see anything like that happen so what
is, is. Bill C

I agree, I think Jan is not in top form, so it won't happen.

However, even if he were, I think that T-mobile's best
strategy is now to admit that Armstrong is likely to win and
shoot for places in the podium. That entails them being
wheel-suckers, not attackers, in the Pyrennees. If Armstrong
and crew decided to take up the road and they can't keep,
they should hold behind Rasmussen, Basso, Botero, Moureau,
Mancebo, and Leipheimer.

If they hold on to their positions relative to these into the
final ITT, then a Ullrich in reasonably good condition could
very likely vault from 8th to all the way up to 3rd place,
very possibly even 2nd. Overcoming the 3:30-ish gap between
him and Rasmussen is not out of the question, and the other
gaps, less than 1:30, even though admittedly to better
TT'ers, could be overcome. It's also possible that Kloeden
or Vino could follow Jan into a place on the podium at 3rd.

Conversely, the strategy of Basso, Moureau, even Rasmussen
(if he wants a place on the podium) should be to attack in
the Pyrennees--maybe not with the hope of besting Armstrong,
but knowing that this will force Armstrong and the disco boys
to follow, and in the process hope that the T-mobile boys all
get left behind.

Anyone else care to comment?

Old July 16th 05, 12:47 AM
Stewart Fleming

Bob Schwartz wrote:

Historically he's done better in the Pyrenees
than the Alps. But I still think you're on
crack.

That's the second time inside a week that someone in this newsgroup has
hinted that I might be crazy...
Old July 16th 05, 01:28 AM
h squared

Stewart Fleming wrote:

That's the second time inside a week that someone in this newsgroup has
hinted that I might be crazy...

but on the bright side crazy and on crack is friendlier/better/funnier
than cranky and lashing out. imho etc.
heather
and don't ask about the endodontist visit.

An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM
LX Mega-9 Loosey feeling FXTIM Mountain Biking 10 June 26th 04 01:12 AM
Feeling better now nobody760 UK 27 February 27th 04 12:58 PM
Feeling chuffed dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 6 October 18th 03 10:09 PM
Feeling naughty.. wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX UK 6 October 9th 03 03:18 PM