Sprawl is bad for your health

Old August 29th 03, 04:37 PM
Luigi de Guzman

Default Sprawl is bad for your health

from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61384-2003Aug28.html

fewer people walk anywhere.

My Comment: Bicycles would be ideal solution. Pity suburban america
by and large leaves the bicycles for the kids playing outside. (q.v.
end of artcle).

-luigi
Old August 30th 03, 06:36 AM
B. Sanders

"Luigi de Guzman" wrote in message
om...
from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61384-2003Aug28.html

fewer people walk anywhere.

My Comment: Bicycles would be ideal solution. Pity suburban america
by and large leaves the bicycles for the kids playing outside. (q.v.
end of artcle).

Yes, I agree. I've been saying this for years. Some US cities are waking
up to this fact. Chicago, for instance, wants to be the most bike-friendly
city in America (fat chance). They're trying their best, and it's really
changing. Kansas City is, too. It's all good.

The suburbs are the perfect place for cycling infrastructu there are
always new opportunities to build cycling paths and marked lanes as new
subdivisions are created. Again, some cities are catching onto this fact.
It is happening.

-Barry