School bicycle shed crammed with bikes.

Old October 8th 10, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

Default School bicycle shed crammed with bikes.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 11:31:18 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 01:13:37 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Yup, when they grow up they will choose a viable form of transport,
having outgrown their childrens toys.

Oh the fun and joy of not being grown up!

Indeed, when I was 14 I would cycle 15 miles a day, including school and
paper rounds. 38 years later I do 25 miles a day and now and again ride
down the streets I used to deliver papers, listening to the same music!
The tragedy is that I saw a figure yesterday on a pavement that looked
like a middle aged man with a stoop and a big pot belly. On close up, it
was a teenage boy. Terrible.

Sure it wasn't TMH?

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.
Old October 8th 10, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 19:27:57 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Then why are only 2% of journeys made by bike?

Would it be that its slow, makes you sweaty & smelly, leaves you at the
mercy of the weather, is percieved to be dangerous and makes you look
like a ****?

Thank you for the great compliment and award of ****-looker.

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.
Old October 8th 10, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

mileburner wrote:
"Justin Lewis" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:22:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

Mens Dunlop 26" Mountain Bike £89.99
http://www.bargainbikes.net/mens_bikes.html so cheap even a UB40
like mole****** could afford one out of his Giro.

Absolutely, it makes you wonder why the so-called poor prefer to run
about in clapped out (but expensive to run) cars when they could
cycle for peanuts. I suspect that this might have more to do with a
twisted perception of social identity than with practicality and
intelligent decisions.

I suspect its because cars are fast, warm, dry, comfortable, safe,
convenient etc...

Eh Dave? :-)

****ed up again mole******. Every time you try to appear clever you ****
up. Educated beyond your natural intelligence.

I drive a van. No "twisted perception of social identity". More
practicality and intelligent decision.

Oh. BTW. Its leased to give me the maximum tax advantage as an allowable
business expense. Even more practical & intelligent.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old October 8th 10, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Tom Cwispin wrote:

See Mr Bodge the Handyman.

Mr Bodge has a secret.

See Mr Cwispin.
Mr Cwispin has errotic fantasies about handymen in public toilets.

Mr Cwispin likes cottaging.
See Mr Cwispin being friends with Dorothy.

Mr Cwispin is so thick, he doesn't know what the word 'bodge' means.

The terms "bodge" derives from Middle English boccen, which means "to mend".
Mr Cwispin meant to say 'botch'.

See Mr Cwispin looking like a ****.

Old October 8th 10, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

mileburner wrote:
"Tom Crispin" wrote in message

Last June and July two were loaned to Lewisham teachers for a period
of 6 weeks. Those teachers, who used to drive to school, have now
bought their own bicycles and use it as a viable form of transport to
beat the south-east London traffic that makes driving in Lewisham
such a misery.

Excuse me but, who, in their right mind, would be daft enough to
drive in a heavily congested inner city area, on a regular basis?

Excuse me but, who, in their right mind, would be daft enough to tow a bike
trailer overloaded with compost, in a heavily congested inner city area,
during rush hour?

Oh. It was the Cwispin idiot.

Old October 8th 10, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:32:18 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Tom Cwispin wrote:

See Mr Bodge the Handyman.

Mr Bodge has a secret.

See Mr Cwispin.
Mr Cwispin has errotic fantasies about handymen in public toilets.

Mr Cwispin likes cottaging.
See Mr Cwispin being friends with Dorothy.

Mr Cwispin is so thick, he doesn't know what the word 'bodge' means.

The terms "bodge" derives from Middle English boccen, which means "to mend".
Mr Cwispin meant to say 'botch'.

See Mr Cwispin looking like a ****.

See Mr Bodge. Mr Bodge has a red face.

Mr Bodge doesn't like people knowing his secret. Mr Bodge is ranting.
Old October 8th 10, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:.

Oh. BTW. Its leased to give me the maximum tax advantage as an
allowable
business expense. Even more practical & intelligent.

So what do you drive the rest of the time? I do hope you are not
fiddling your taxes and are paying the appropriate benefit in kind tax
for private use of a business supplied vehicle and fuel.

--
Tony
Old October 8th 10, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

wrote:

Tom Cwispin wrote:

See Mr Bodge the Handyman.

Mr Bodge has a secret.

See Mr Cwispin.
Mr Cwispin has errotic fantasies about handymen in public toilets.

Mr Cwispin likes cottaging.
See Mr Cwispin being friends with Dorothy.

Mr Cwispin is so thick, he doesn't know what the word 'bodge' means.

The terms "bodge" derives from Middle English boccen, which means "to
mend".
Mr Cwispin meant to say 'botch'.

See Mr Cwispin looking like a ****.

See Mr Bodge. Mr Bodge has a red face.

Mr Bodge doesn't like people knowing his secret. Mr Bodge is ranting.

Mr Bodge tries to mend things.

Mr Bodge often fails.

Mr Handyman is Mr Bodge.

Old October 8th 10, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:.

Oh. BTW. Its leased to give me the maximum tax advantage as an
allowable
business expense. Even more practical & intelligent.

So what do you drive the rest of the time? I do hope you are not
fiddling your taxes and are paying the appropriate benefit in kind tax
for private use of a business supplied vehicle and fuel.

Of course he fiddles his tax.

He is a scummy trader - from a scummy estate.

Cash-in-hand means no tax and plenty of welfare.

Old October 8th 10, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Tony Raven wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:.

Oh. BTW. Its leased to give me the maximum tax advantage as an
allowable
business expense. Even more practical & intelligent.

So what do you drive the rest of the time? I do hope you are not
fiddling your taxes and are paying the appropriate benefit in kind tax
for private use of a business supplied vehicle and fuel.

Vauxhall Corsa owned by my missus.