Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

Old October 8th 10, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
JMS

Default Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

Wicked.

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Wicked !!

Old October 8th 10, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

JMS wrote:
Wicked.

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

Only the one?

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

No really?

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

I simply can't believe that.

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

He has rights you know.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

Difficult to tell I suppose.

Signs of intoxication are;
Argumentative, aggressive or belligerent, obnoxious or mean, making
inappropriate comments about others, crude behavior, foul language, making
irrational statements, bravado, boasting, difficulty remembering, rambling
train of thought, mussed hair, disheveled clothing.

Which is pretty much the average cyclist. Rather describes Mole******
actually.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

Quite right.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Me too!

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old October 8th 10, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Dragon

On 08/10/2010 22:39, JMS wrote:

Wicked.

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Wicked !!

He also refused to give them his name, refused a fixed penalty ticket &
asked the cops if they had nothing better to do.

--
Tony Dragon
Old October 9th 10, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Tony Dragon wrote:
On 08/10/2010 22:39, JMS wrote:

Wicked.

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Wicked !!

He also refused to give them his name, refused a fixed penalty ticket
& asked the cops if they had nothing better to do.

Typical arrogant psycholist.

Old October 9th 10, 05:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Derek C

On Oct 9, 12:17*am, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:
On 08/10/2010 22:39, JMS wrote:

[...]

a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.- Hide quoted text -

This incident was reported in this newsgroup before, but I didn't know
it had been caught on camera. The cyclist was spotted by a Police
patrol car riding at night without lights or reflectors on his bike.
He then deliberately rode through a red traffic light and then onto
the pavement. The police pulled him over with some difficulty just to
suggest that it would be a good idea to wheel his light-less bike home
on foot, but being a typical 'You can't touch me because I am a
cyclist and above the law' psycholist, he argued that he hadn't done
anything wrong, despite the above offences all being caught on the
police car video camera, and also being under the influence of drink.
Eventually the Police had to issue him with fixed penalty notices and
had to threaten him with arrest because he wouldn't give them his name
and address. What a knob! I am pleased that the Court decided to make
an example of him and imposed a hefty fine. If he had been a motorist
I am sure that many penalty points and a long driving ban would have
also been imposed.

Derek C
Old October 9th 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
John Turner

"JMS" wrote

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Yes, what an arrogant ****.

I thought the police were remarkably retrained, although there were cameras
present. Personally I'd have arrested the ******* and allowed him the
pleasure of a night in the cells - AND - I'd have done him for being drunk
in charge of a push bike.

John.

Old October 9th 10, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Raven[_3_]

Derek C wrote:

[...]

Could you tell us what the rest of the programme and the episode before
and before that were about? Only I'm wondering how they keep a whole
series of programmes going on the behaviour of cyclists and what they
fill in the rest of the time with.

Tony

Old October 9th 10, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
winston[_2_]

I thought the police were remarkably retrained, although there were
cameras
present. Personally I'd have arrested the ******* and allowed him the
pleasure of a night in the cells - AND - I'd have done him for being drunk
in charge of a push bike.

What's the drink-ride limit for a bike then? or is it just the plods
personal diagnosis and interpretation of 'unfit'.
Surely ignoring traffic lights , riding on pavement etc, doesn't mean
'drunk', as most cyclists do it , ( sorry "idiots on bikes") , all of the
time. Now, if he had collided with the the traffic lights ..........!!

Old October 9th 10, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Shaun[_3_]

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 09:03:27 +0100, "John Turner"
wrote:

"JMS" wrote

[...]

Talking of arrogant ****s

In an episode a few years ago a copper pulled over a motorbike for not
having lights. The rider explained this was quite legal if the bike
wasn't used at night. The copper refused to beleive this and refused
to let him continue for several hours. By which time it was dark.

When the copper found out it was actually the motorcyclist who was in
the right his response was "I was correct, its the law thats wrong"
Old October 9th 10, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Shaun[_3_]

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 22:39:52 +0100, JMS
wrote:

Wicked.

I have just seen part of one of those "cops in action" type of
programmes.

A cyclist in Brighton was seen riding with no lights one night.

The police were going to pull him up and make him walk home.

BUT - he rode through a red traffic light before they could stop him.

They shouted at him to stop - BUT he refused and buggered off on the
pavement !!

When stopped he swore at the two officers.

It did appear that he was ****ed - but they let that go.

He was fined £700 and ordered to pay £215 costs.

He was such an arrogant **** - he reminded me of so many of the
cyclists in URC.

Does it still show footage of coppers pulling over teenagers for very
minor offences and deliberately treating them like crap in the hope
they'll start answering back ?