Another impatient driver

Old November 21st 11, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr. Benn[_9_]

Default Another impatient driver

"GT" wrote in message
eb.com...
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Nov 15, 10:19 pm, Simon Weaseltemper
wrote:
On 15/11/2011 21:01, GT wrote:

"Simon wrote in message
On Nov 14, 4:25 pm, wrote:

What are you on about?
I passed my motorcycle test in 1977 after having had no training nor a
single lesson. In 1981, I passed my car test with no school lessons
either, it was very common in those days. In contrast, I passed two
cycling proficiency tests, so I have had more training for riding my
bike than I ever did for a car or motorbike.

== reply ==
A simple refresher course should be fine to bring you back up to
standard
then. The videos you post does not demonstrate safe HC standards. Not
even
legal standards at times.- Hide quoted text -

I have to do a IAM full day advanced driving course every 3 years as a
condition set by my employers.
I always pass with flying colours, no doubt due to the experience I
have gained in driving in 33 different European countries with all of
their different rules and laws.

== reply ==
Excellent. I KNOW you would fail if they saw your videos, there is no
way
you drive that aggressively in your IAM tests!

The only flaw in you logic GT is that Simon's videos are all recorded
while riding a bike.

I thought he knew that.
The filtering and passing cars/buses through very small gaps at high
speeds would be impossible in a car.

--
Simon Mason
== reply ==

You posted one video to demonstrate a car using the right only lane to
pass you, then going straight on. Then you posted a video of you using the
right only lane to pass a bus, yet you go straight on. You complain about
a 'boy racer' car having to brake hard to avoid hitting a pedestrian in
the road - not the driver's fault. In that same video you pass over a
zebra crossing while it still has pedestrians on it and a while later you
posted another video showing you have to brake hard to avoid hitting a
pedestrian yourself. Practise what you preach, or stop moaning about other
road users doing exactly the same things as you.

Careful, he'll put you in his killfile.

Old November 21st 11, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason

On Nov 21, 4:05 pm, "GT" wrote:

== reply ==
I know the videos are taken whilst on a bike. My point is that you come on
driving group to complain about drivers and post videos demonstrating you
braking several driving laws, yet claim to have passed the IAM test
several
times.

Check again.
I never come onto the driving group to complain about drivers - every
original post I make is to urc only for a urc "audience".

Someone else crossposts to urd, not me.

--
Simon Mason

Old November 21st 11, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
JNugent[_7_]

On 21/11/2011 16:05, GT wrote:
"Simon wrote in message
On Nov 15, 10:19 pm, Simon
wrote:
On 15/11/2011 21:01, GT wrote:

"Simon wrote in message
On Nov 14, 4:25 pm, wrote:

[...]

But... but...

The rules don't apply to him.

Don't ask why... they just don't.

The eules only apply to "little people"*

[*(C) 1983; Leona Helmsley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leona_Helmsley.]
Old November 21st 11, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mrcheerful[_2_]

wrote:
On 15/11/2011 21:01, GT wrote:

"Simon wrote in message
On Nov 14, 4:25 pm, wrote:

[...]

or threaten you, or both, or even worse he may start propositioning you.

Old November 21st 11, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason

On Nov 21, 4:05 pm, "GT" wrote:
"
You posted one video to demonstrate a car using the right only lane to
pass
you, then going straight on. Then you posted a video of you using the
right
only lane to pass a bus, yet you go straight on. You complain about a 'boy
racer' car having to brake hard to avoid hitting a pedestrian in the
road -
not the driver's fault. In that same video you pass over a zebra crossing
while it still has pedestrians on it and a while later you posted another
video showing you have to brake hard to avoid hitting a pedestrian
yourself.
Practise what you preach, or stop moaning about other road users doing
exactly the same things as you.- Hide quoted text -

What I *will* do in the future is to delete urd from any of my future posts
when some wag decides to add your group.

That way you won't see me again.

Cheers - nice to have met you,
--
Simon Mason

Old November 21st 11, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:04:12 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

On Nov 21, 3:59 pm, "GT" wrote:
" ...

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:10:32 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

Filtering on the inside past side roads is fraught with dangers. I'd
certa

You keep using this term "filtering" - could you perhaps point me to the
official definition of what it means please.

According to the dictionary: "to act as a filter for; to slow or partially
obstruct the passage of: ". Interesting that cyclists choose to use that
word, isn't it!

Looking at this video it is not me doing the obstructing is it?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/numptybus.wmv

ffs - we are not all as stupid as you.

Not only do you post ****e - but you post the same ****e over, and over, and
over again.

that is the eighth time you have posted that - ffs.

"Simple" springs to mind.

--
"You get a real feeling of elation just for the simple act of cycling past the local hospital
where there are people of my age who have abused their bodies and suffered all sorts of ailments"

Simon Mason
Old November 21st 11, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:59:23 -0000, "GT" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

snip

Filtering on the inside past side roads is fraught with dangers. I'd
certa

You keep using this term "filtering" - could you perhaps point me to the
official definition of what it means please.

According to the dictionary: "to act as a filter for; to slow or partially
obstruct the passage of: ". Interesting that cyclists choose to use that
word, isn't it!

Very good.

Of course none of the regulars have responded - perhaps they just do not know.

Old November 21st 11, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:11:51 -0000, "Mr. Benn" wrote:

web.com...
wrote:
On 15/11/2011 21:01, GT wrote:

"Simon wrote in message
On Nov 14, 4:25 pm, wrote:

[...]

If there is a thread running in both urc and urd - Simple has said that he will
remove urd so that people there will not see his ****e. We just need him to
remove urc as well and job's a good 'un.

Old November 21st 11, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
GT

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
" ...

wrote:

snip

Filtering on the inside past side roads is fraught with dangers. I'd
certa

You keep using this term "filtering" - could you perhaps point me to
the
official definition of what it means please.

According to the dictionary: "to act as a filter for; to slow or
partially
obstruct the passage of: ". Interesting that cyclists choose to use that
word, isn't it!

Looking at this video it is not me doing the obstructing is it?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/numptybus.wmv

== reply ==
To be fair, we can't see what signals you are giving and your road position
suggests straight on. However, if the car driver wasn't sure, he should have
waited. As it was he stopped without actually encroaching on your path. You
did make a bit of a meal of going round him, but that's your prerogative!
Also, you were wearing sunglasses at night, so maybe he didn't see you! ;-)

Old November 21st 11, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
GT

On Nov 21, 4:05 pm, "GT" wrote:
"
[...]

No, please stay - you are livening up the group here! Don't you want to hear
opinions from both side of the 'metal box'?!