"Disabled" Guy - "pepper sprayed" at 2012

Old July 31st 12, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

Default "Disabled" Guy - "pepper sprayed" at 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:47:23 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

GB considered Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:26:22
+0100 the perfect time to write:

Obstructing the police is.

What if they are, as in this case, being over zealous or do you
consider everything the uniformed police do is perfect.

All I have seen is that single video. There is no evidence there that
the police were being over-zealous. If you have other evidence, what is it?

The statement made by the police themselves, which cited an act that
has already been held not to apply to CM and claimed powers that the
police do not posess.

You talk absolute ********.

The Law Lords did not decide that the act as a whole did not apply to Critical
Mass; feel free to highlight the part of the judgment which shows otherwise.

They decided that as it was a customary procession , then there was no need to
inform the police and seek permission as required by section 11 alone.

No more - no less.

Just because you have read this ****e on the Critical Mass web-site does not
make it true.

I thought that you were a qualified Queen's Counsel - are you now telling us
that you aren't?

Old July 31st 12, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

On Jul 31, 9:38*am, GB wrote:
On 30/07/2012 23:59, thirty-six wrote:

On Jul 30, 10:38 pm, "Zapp Brannigan" wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message

I didn't see a relevant insignia, the protest of arrest is excusable
if the constable refused to show his warrant.

Utter dribble. *There is no requirement for a constable to produce a warrant
card before making an arrest.

It's a reasonable request in the situation.

You'll clutch at any straw to defend these yobs, evidently.

I don't believe the constable for the railway was acting with any
authority on the highway. *His fancy-dress means eff-all to me,
particularly as he was identifiable as BTP..

Why don't you believe that? I posted evidence that he did have
authority. But you are so prejudiced that you don't care and just keep
posting the same rubbish.

There was no emergency, no risk to life or limb, except perhaps in a
warped mind.
Old July 31st 12, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

On Jul 31, 9:30*am, "Tired" wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:

:: "James Allen" considered Mon, 30 Jul 2012
:: 20:21:47 +0100 the perfect time to write:
::
:::
:::::: "Tired" *wrote in ...

:::
:::
:::: she should get some recognition there standing up to an angry mob
:::: like that, without the protection of a stab vest or truncheon)
:::
::: Looks to me like she's holding an ASP at one point?
:::
::: This video makes me feel quite confused actually, on the one hand I
::: often find myself looking at videos of the police in situations
::: like this and thinking they "are" just violent thugs who get off on
::: the power they have, but OTOH I can't help thinking that these
::: cyclists, especially the so-called disabled guy and the **** in the
::: green t-shirt who joined him on the bonnet deserved a good beating.
:::
:: Who will be left to complain when they come for you?

They didnt come for anyone, dont be so stupid.

Would you like to clarify "no-one of consequence" ;-)
Old July 31st 12, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
GB[_5_]

"Tired" wrote in message ...

she should get some recognition there standing up to an angry mob like
that, without the protection of a stab vest or truncheon)

Looks to me like she's holding an ASP at one point?

This video makes me feel quite confused actually, on the one hand I often
find myself looking at videos of the police in situations like this and
thinking they "are" just violent thugs who get off on the power they have,
but OTOH I can't help thinking that these cyclists, especially the so-called
disabled guy and the **** in the green t-shirt who joined him on the bonnet
deserved a good beating.

Who will be left to complain when they come for you?

You mean the thug in the green T shirt or the 'disabled' thug? I hope
the police will help me.

Old July 31st 12, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
NM

"thirty-six" wrote in message

I didn't see a relevant insignia, the protest of arrest is excusable
if the constable refused to show his warrant.

Utter dribble. *There is no requirement for a constable to produce a warrant
card before making an arrest.

You'll clutch at any straw to defend these yobs, evidently.

But the yobs were in uniform, you grasp at any passing straw to defend
them, the crowd were obviously hostile if the cop wasn't bent on being
a bully he could have handled things in a different way, sadly modern
policing is orientated towards confrontation. The wrong type or
recruit finds the job attractive.
Old July 31st 12, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
GB[_5_]

"thirty-six" wrote in message

I didn't see a relevant insignia, the protest of arrest is excusable
if the constable refused to show his warrant.

Utter dribble. There is no requirement for a constable to produce a warrant
card before making an arrest.

It's a reasonable request in the situation.

You'll clutch at any straw to defend these yobs, evidently.

I don't believe the constable for the railway was acting with any
authority on the highway. His fancy-dress means eff-all to me,
particularly as he was identifiable as BTP..

Why don't you believe that? I posted evidence that he did have
authority. But you are so prejudiced that you don't care and just keep
posting the same rubbish.

There was no emergency, no risk to life or limb, except perhaps in a
warped mind.

Well, I suggest that you re-read the WP extract again and again until
you have understood it. Perhaps you can get someone to explain it to you?

Old July 31st 12, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
GB[_5_]

I thought that you were a qualified Queen's Counsel - are you now telling us
that you aren't?

Oh come on!
Old July 31st 12, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

[...]

I suggest you go and boil your nuts.
Old July 31st 12, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
GB[_5_]

[...]

Ah, so you agree I'm right then. First class!

Old July 31st 12, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
thirty-six

"thirty-six" wrote in message

[...]

Have you done it yet?