Boasting about SPEEDING

Old July 31st 12, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Alan Holmes[_3_]

Default Boasting about SPEEDING

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message
On 31/07/2012 01:43, Phil W Lee wrote:
"DavidR" considered Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:42:13 +0100
the perfect time to write:

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote

If you can't afford to run a car you are a loser. Get a decent job &
stop
sponging off motorists.

Build a proper pension so you won't have to sponge off taxpayers when
you're
old.

How is he going to do that, when he boasts of not earning enough to
pay tax?

Must be a sponging freeloader.

****wit alert!

You have a cheek calling him a ****wit, when you have frequenly proved you
are the original ****wit!

I've "boasted" of not paying tax because, unlike some, I have a very good
accountant.

You are a typical lying, twisting **** of a cyclist.

The only cyclists who have ****s are women!

But there is no doubt that you are a **** of a motorist!

I am not inferring that all motorists are in this category, just this one!

Alan

Old July 31st 12, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Alan Holmes[_3_]

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:40:24 -0700 (PDT), M Wicks
wrote:

If there's one thing that angers me almost as much as SPEEDING does,
then it's petrolheads who come onto newsgroups like this and attempt
to justify doing it. It is quite bad enough that you deliberately
choose to drive too fast and endanger the lives of cyclists,
pedestrians and other drivers just so that you can arrive at your
destination a few seconds faster. You could at least be honest about
it and admit that it's a purely selfish behaviour.

The people most commonly seen boasting about exceeding speed limits
are cyclists, who constantly make the point that as, legally, such
limits don't apply to them they can ride as fast as they like wherever
they like. This despite being on a machine with negligible
manoeuvrability at speed and significantly worse braking capability
than the cheapest car.

But no! Instead we get endless rubbish about how 'speeding is OK' and
'going too fast is acceptable'.

I've heard both from cyclists here. Some even post videos of
themselves driving at unsafe speeds.

And what sort of speeds do they claim to do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp19i9iU9EQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sm4pPGGra0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NU0dX_zuQ note the use of the
pavement to "maintain momentum"

A few even post videos of the consequences, such as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSwmLWCRjU which illustrates very well
the abysmal road holding of a bicycle as well as the most common cause
of cycling accidents - falling off by themselves.

We get endless meaningless numbers
about how accidents supposedly aren't caused by going too fast

And the endless meaningless numbers from cyclists who justify riding
through red lights "because it's safer"? Like these :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzGj10fg2g

If you must speed and endanger lives, and it makes you feel like
you've got a large member, then you go ahead and do that, big man. But
why do you have to then come and boast about it on here and make out
that it is somehow a legitimate and unselfish way to drive?

Or a legitimate and unselfish way to ride a push bike? How about the
cyclists who claim they never "speed" because speed limits don't apply
to them yet who ride at dangerous speeds whenever they can?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIymHvdWhic

Or who ride at dangerous speeds immediately behind a large vehicle
with no chance of stooping if it stops quickly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIymHvdWhic

Note the "justification" in that for riding through the red light at
over 30MPH and the justification for speeding "AND before anybody
starts banging on about the 36 mph in the 30 zone, the limit is for
motorised things, not bikes. Technically I'm doing nothing wrong."

A car at 31MPH in a 30 MPH area angers you but a cyclist at 40MPH in a
30 MPH area doesn't bother you?

Don't you
know that children read this newsgroup? Do you want to encourage them
to think that driving too fast is acceptable? If you speed then you
BREAK THE LAW. You commit a CRIMINAL OFFENCE. YOU ARE A CRIMINAL. Stop
endangering lives, stop trying to justify it and stop being a
worthless irresponsible piece of scum. You know who you are.

Old July 31st 12, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
NM

On Jul 31, 5:47*pm, "Alan Holmes" wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in ...

[...]

And the only animal with a **** halfway along it's back is a police
horse.

Old July 31st 12, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 31/07/2012 10:16, DavidR wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote

I've "boasted" of not paying tax because, unlike some, I have a very good
accountant.

He must be very poor value for money if he hasn't told you there is no such
thing as road tax and if you ride a bike it is a way to avoid excise duty.

Did you train to become that stupid?

Answer the following very simple question;

Q: Can you drive (the majority) of cars on a public highway without
paying a specific, extra Tax?

I take it you do not use taxpayer funded health care?

As a smoker I've contributed far more than you have.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old July 31st 12, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
DavidR[_4_]

wrote in message
"DavidR" wrote:
wrote in message
"DavidR" wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote

I've "boasted" of not paying tax because, unlike some, I have a very
good accountant.

He must be very poor value for money if he hasn't told you there is no
such
thing as road tax and if you ride a bike it is a way to avoid excise
duty.

No such thing as road tax? Are you thinking of that mealy mouthed
description
"vehicle excise duty" by any chance? Funny how the DVLA even call it a
tax
now:

They do it because they have to cater for stupid people.

snip
Sorry, what was it you were babbling about again? VED not being a tax?

The words I wrote make no suggestion that VED is not a tax.

Old July 31st 12, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
DavidR[_4_]

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote
On 31/07/2012 10:16, DavidR wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote

I've "boasted" of not paying tax because, unlike some, I have a very
good accountant.

He must be very poor value for money if he hasn't told you there is no
such thing as road tax and if you ride a bike it is a way to avoid excise
duty.

Did you train to become that stupid?

Answer the following very simple question;

Q: Can you drive (the majority) of cars on a public highway without paying
a specific, extra Tax?

Doesn't matter. No one forces me to own a car so any ownership and fuel
taxes I pay are done so voluntarily.

I take it you do not use taxpayer funded health care?

As a smoker I've contributed far more than you have.

Oh well, that makes me feel much better about investing my savings in
tobacco companies.

Old July 31st 12, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Alan Holmes[_3_]

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message
On 31/07/2012 10:16, DavidR wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote

I've "boasted" of not paying tax because, unlike some, I have a very
good
accountant.

He must be very poor value for money if he hasn't told you there is no
such
thing as road tax and if you ride a bike it is a way to avoid excise
duty.

Did you train to become that stupid?

Answer the following very simple question;

Q: Can you drive (the majority) of cars on a public highway without paying
a specific, extra Tax?

I take it you do not use taxpayer funded health care?

As a smoker I've contributed far more than you have.

What a pity you didn't say that earlier, or I would have said why don't you
smoke more, that would help the economy by you paying more in tax, and there
is a good chance you will die before you are a burden on the state when you
become very ill and do what a close frind of mine did, when we were in our
20s I used to beg him to stop soking, but his excuse was that the nicotine
in his blood demanded more nicotine, but when he was in his early 40s, his
breathing got so bad he had to go into hospital, where a man in a white coat
told him if he did not stop he would be dead within a week, and he then
found it was very easy to stop, but it was too late he only lived a few more
years, if you could call it living, so keep up the good work!

Old July 31st 12, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:12:44 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

[...]

Talking of burdens on the state - is it true that you've not got long to go
now.

How's Keller?

Old July 31st 12, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 31/07/2012 20:07, DavidR wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote
On 31/07/2012 10:16, DavidR wrote:
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote

I've "boasted" of not paying tax because, unlike some, I have a very
good accountant.

He must be very poor value for money if he hasn't told you there is no
such thing as road tax and if you ride a bike it is a way to avoid excise
duty.

Did you train to become that stupid?

Answer the following very simple question;

Q: Can you drive (the majority) of cars on a public highway without paying
a specific, extra Tax?

Doesn't matter. No one forces me to own a car so any ownership and fuel
taxes I pay are done so voluntarily.

I take it you do not use taxpayer funded health care?

As a smoker I've contributed far more than you have.

Oh well, that makes me feel much better about investing my savings in
tobacco companies.

Bad move that. Invest in the nicotine patch industry.

Old July 31st 12, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 31/07/2012 20:12, Alan Holmes wrote:
[...]

Unlike your 'frind' I stopped 'soking' years ago.

Speeding! Unicorn Unicycling 19 September 4th 08 03:14 PM
Stopped for speeding? Dylan Smith UK 84 April 16th 07 04:06 PM
drivers speeding away nash General 68 February 15th 07 06:13 PM
£100,000 speeding fine (but not UK) [email protected] UK 7 July 18th 06 11:07 PM
'Speeding Bikes' flyingdutch Australia 24 January 23rd 06 10:46 PM