Mindless ******* thugs.

Old July 31st 12, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

Default Mindless ******* thugs.

On Jul 31, 7:02*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
"A guard of honour was formed at the funeral today of a police officer
who was shot dead as he tried to stop a gunman.

Pc Ian Dibell, 41, was killed near his home in Clacton, Essex, when he
was off duty on July 9.

It is thought he was going to the aid of Trevor Marshall, 48, who was
injured in the attack".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-honour-usher-...
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."

They cycling part is where......
Old July 31st 12, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:
"A guard of honour was formed at the funeral today of a police officer
who was shot dead as he tried to stop a gunman.

Pc Ian Dibell, 41, was killed near his home in Clacton, Essex, when he
was off duty on July 9.

It is thought he was going to the aid of Trevor Marshall, 48, who was
injured in the attack".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-honour-usher-...
vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."

They cycling part is where......

He no doubt rode a push bike as a child.

"PC Ian Dibell died while knowingly walking towards danger, as police
officers are called upon to do on behalf of the public they serve.

The courage he showed in stepping up to do his duty, without thought for
his own safety, sums up what it means to be a police officer."

Mindless thug was he?

Old July 31st 12, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

wrote:
[...]

I and my wife have been assaulted by mindless thugs belonging to HM
Customs and Excise (I realise they are called something else now)
without necessity, I was 59 years old at the time and my wife was 55
we are both disabled, hardly threats.

I was banged up against the wall and kneed in the ******** by a police
inspector in Plymouth police station when I was arrested for something
I had no part in, subsequently released with no charge, mind you I was
only about 19 at the time and a cheeky young sod so I can see why he
was riled, though that does not excuse his actions.

I was slapped about by a traffic cop on the roadside in North London,
crime speeding, not reported, no charges brought.

I was punched in the mouth by a cop who had been summonsed by radio to
bring a breathaliser, he got out of his car walked up and without
warning punched me, I had never seen or spoken to him before, I was
the designated driver thus no problem with the breathalyser, my then
girlfriend got herself arrested because she took exception to the cop
hitting me, in the subsequent court hearing it transpired under
questioning he had previous complaints for assault.

Driving home from my Parents (200 mile drive) with GF was stopped 50
miles from home by an unmarked police car, the driver wore an
inspectors uniform, he was complaining about some traffic infraction I
had made, only he was so drunk he was barely coherent and had
difficulty standing, after a while of listening to his ranting the GF
and I just got back in the car and drove off. Reported it to local
police, they would look into it, never heard anything.

Bunged two detectives in North London to drop charges, later was
investigated by A10 who decided no bribery had taken place.

I could go on if I trawled my memory, living in South London as a
youth had it's perils and I'm not claiming to be an innocent but you
will not be surprised that I treat them as all the same, just going on
my own experience.

On top of that I was an international truck driver for many years, I
have suffered extortion from the police on many occasions and have
experienced violence from them or border guards in several countries,
I have seen them escort young girls away for violation on more than
one border when they have found contraband, traveling the middle east
and eastern Europe in the sixties and seventies was raw.

Is it any wonder that I hate them.

Old July 31st 12, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:29:54 -0700 (PDT), NM wrote:

snip

Is it any wonder that I hate them.

Isn't it odd how some people have all the bad luck - it must be pure chance.

I have never experienced any of the problems you have experienced and described
above.

Hang on - could it be more than chance?

Old August 1st 12, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Jul 31, 9:46*pm, Judith wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:29:54 -0700 (PDT), NM wrote:

snip

Is it any wonder that I hate them.

Isn't it odd how some people have all the bad luck - it must be pure chance.

I have never experienced any of the problems you have experienced and described
above.

Probably because you lead a boring life.

Hang on - could it be more than chance?

Of course it is, I was a stroppy flash young git until I grew up a bit
thus got a lot of police attention as a youth, riding around the local
country town in my 3.8 jag mk 2 when I was 18 didn't endear me to them
for example.

Later in life my job involved me going to places and experiencing
things most people never do in their lifetimes thus I experienced and
witnessed a lot of abuse.

I dislike authourity at the best of times however I tolerate the rules
and follow them regardless of how irritating I find them. What I
really dislike and occasionally react to is authourity that is abused
and exceeded, I suppose it shows in my dealings with them however my
attitude, however stroppy, can have nothing to do with the unprovoked
attacks, some by police I have never seen before.

Old August 1st 12, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:
[...]

I can only assume it's to do with your bad attitude.

I too have been stopped by the police on a few occasions. I've been
polite & reasonable and so have they.

My son in law is a skipper with Kent police, a nicer chap you couldn't
wish to meet. He and his colleagues put up with an unbelievable amount
of **** & abuse from scrotes like you and maintain their temper -
although I don't know how.

During the London riots, my daughter - a paramedic - was on duty every
night. Her first job, along with a crew mate - both 5'6" size 10's -
was to attend a policeman who had been hit by a deliberately thrown
paving slab.

They got him on a board & dragged him out while being pelted with bricks
& bottles.

It broke his pelvis. Poor ******* has a wife, kids, mortgage & will
never walk properly again. Just because he was doing his job.

Old August 1st 12, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

wrote:
[...]

Some certainly was in my youth, but if a youngster gives a bit of lip
is that an excuse to assault him?

I too have been stopped by the police on a few occasions. *I've been
polite & reasonable and so have they.

Difficult to be polite when the first encounter is a flying fist, no
words having been spoken. Or on another occasion, following in the
traffic the same speed as everyone else, flagged down, door pulled
open, first words ``"Get out of the car ****".

My son in law is a skipper with Kent police, a nicer chap you couldn't
wish to meet. *He and his colleagues put up with an unbelievable amount
of **** & abuse from scrotes like you and maintain their temper -
although I don't know how.

Now you are being abusive yourself, no surprise there then. I learned
never to hurl abuse at cops at an early age or throw anything else at
them for that matter, if you do you are likely to get assaulted.

During the London riots, my daughter - a paramedic - was on duty every
night. *Her first job, along with a crew mate - both 5'6" size 10's -
was to attend a policeman who had been hit by a deliberately thrown
paving slab.

I have never been even close to a riot, should one happen in my
vicinity I will go in the other direction. I have however been in the
middle of an armed dispute (Turkish action against Kurds) been shot at
more than one time (Iraq) and shelled (Basra) held at gunpoint
(Italy). at each place I was just doing my job, had I been injured I
knew there would be no good bleating about it, the risks came with the
territory as it does for those who want to be policemen and
paramedics.
Old August 1st 12, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Did you not read the previous article?

Now answer the question, what has this to do with cycling?

Old August 1st 12, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 00:23:12 -0700 (PDT), NM wrote:

snip

I dislike authourity at the best of times however I tolerate the rules
and follow them regardless of how irritating I find them. What I
really dislike and occasionally react to is authourity that is abused
and exceeded, I suppose it shows in my dealings with them however my
attitude, however stroppy, can have nothing to do with the unprovoked
attacks, some by police I have never seen before.

There were clear plans for CM to disrupt the opening ceremony in some way. You
do not get 5 times the normal participants just by chance.

Here is just a sample of comments made in various groups in the week before the
opening ceremony:

This month's Critical Mass will be on the same night as the Olympic opening
ceremony, so its going to be a good one.

I wonder if anybody out there is considering a critical mass style demo to
block one of these routes (apart from the games lane) or even all of them on a
rotating day to day basis. I can't be the only person out there that is
bewildered by the games claim of being the greenest/socially responsible etc
etc.

I would participate in a mass protest.

Lets violate the Olympic lanes

Lets all just ignore them - they can't prosecute that number of people

makes you wonder if the police just happened to be fully aware and well
prepared.

Anyone there was asking for trouble - and some got it.

have you seen the "disabled" guy attacking the police officer. Disabled my
arse.

Old August 1st 12, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:00:03 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 00:23:12 -0700 (PDT), NM wrote:

snip

I dislike authourity at the best of times however I tolerate the rules
and follow them regardless of how irritating I find them. What I
really dislike and occasionally react to is authourity that is abused
and exceeded, I suppose it shows in my dealings with them however my
attitude, however stroppy, can have nothing to do with the unprovoked
attacks, some by police I have never seen before.

There were clear plans for CM to disrupt the opening ceremony in some way. You
do not get 5 times the normal participants just by chance.

Here is just a sample of comments made in various groups in the week before the
opening ceremony:

This month's Critical Mass will be on the same night as the Olympic opening
ceremony, so its going to be a good one.

So what! No evidence of anything.

I wonder if anybody out there is considering a critical mass style demo to
block one of these routes (apart from the games lane) or even all of them on a
rotating day to day basis. I can't be the only person out there that is
bewildered by the games claim of being the greenest/socially responsible etc
etc.

Clear evidence of a desire to keep the zil lanes *open*.

I would participate in a mass protest.

So what! No evidence of anything.

Lets violate the Olympic lanes

Naughty suggestion, but nothing more.

Lets all just ignore them - they can't prosecute that number of people

How many people have been charged?

makes you wonder if the police just happened to be fully aware and well
prepared.

Anyone there was asking for trouble - and some got it.

have you seen the "disabled" guy attacking the police officer. Disabled my
arse.

I'd be interested to know the nature of his disability.

Sad Bastard Judith[_4_] UK 37 October 29th 11 02:14 PM
Thieving bastard MSeries UK 3 December 13th 05 08:41 PM
Thieving bastard Tony W UK 1 December 13th 05 01:22 PM
Thieving bastard elyob UK 0 December 13th 05 11:28 AM
McEwen bashed by thugs at Indy Shabby Australia 14 October 26th 05 12:23 AM