Petition for the cyclists who were arrested.

Old August 1st 12, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default Petition for the cyclists who were arrested.

"On Friday 27th July, 182 cyclists were held in a police kettle for two hours, handcuffed in buses for three hours, and held in a police cell from six hours to two days. These included a 13 year old boy. Police also confirmed the cyclists reports that CS gas was used during these arrests.

Out of 182 cyclists, only 3 have been charged with any offence. However, ALL have bail conditions imposed on them until September 18th 2012 restricting their freedom to move, assmeble, associate and live their lives.

We have the following demands:
1. All bail conditions should be discharged
2. All data including DNA, fingerprint, addresses etc taken from those cyclists should be removed from all paper and comupter records of police & other agencies.
3. An independent review of the police behaviour on Friday 27th July should be conducted as a matter of urgency.

All this for continuing the 18 year tradition of a bike ride through the streets of London on the last Friday of every month.

This political policing to crush dissent and restrict peoples rights without charge must be stoppped. Help us stand for a police and legal system which we can believe in, sign our petition today."

N.B
See one eyewitness account of the harrowing experience: http://www.scriptonitedaily.org/2012...#disqus_thread

Mo
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...tical-mass-182

-- .
One person's democracy is another person's Police State,
where rights are replaced by concessions.

Old August 1st 12, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Doug wrote:
"On Friday 27th July, 182 cyclists were held in a police kettle for
two hours, handcuffed in buses for three hours, and held in a police
cell from six hours to two days. These included a 13 year old boy.
Police also confirmed the cyclists reports that CS gas was used
during these arrests.

Out of 182 cyclists, only 3 have been charged with any offence.
However, ALL have bail conditions imposed on them until September
18th 2012 restricting their freedom to move, assmeble, associate and
live their lives.

would be anarchists should expect repercussions. In this case they are
minor inconveniences, the ones that have been arrested should be grateful
that most have been released, keeping them all in custody till after the
games would have been appropriate.

Old August 1st 12, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Aug 1, 1:07*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
"On Friday 27th July, 182 cyclists were held in a police kettle for
two hours, handcuffed in buses for three hours, and held in a police
cell from six hours to two days. These included a 13 year old boy.
Police also confirmed the cyclists reports that CS gas was used
during these arrests.

Out of 182 cyclists, only 3 have been charged with any offence.
However, ALL have bail conditions imposed on them until September
18th 2012 restricting their freedom to move, assmeble, associate and
live their lives.

would be anarchists should expect repercussions. *In this case they are
minor inconveniences, the ones that have been arrested should be grateful
that most have been released, keeping them all in custody till after the
games would have been appropriate.

Much as it pains me to say it because I hold no brief for their
activities but their rights are being restricted.
Old August 1st 12, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
Doug wrote:
"On Friday 27th July, 182 cyclists were held in a police kettle for
two hours, handcuffed in buses for three hours, and held in a police
cell from six hours to two days. These included a 13 year old boy.
Police also confirmed the cyclists reports that CS gas was used
during these arrests.

Out of 182 cyclists, only 3 have been charged with any offence.
However, ALL have bail conditions imposed on them until September
18th 2012 restricting their freedom to move, assmeble, associate and
live their lives.

would be anarchists should expect repercussions. In this case they are
minor inconveniences, the ones that have been arrested should be grateful
that most have been released, keeping them all in custody till after the
games would have been appropriate.

Personally, I would have used a firing squad!

Old August 1st 12, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:02:59 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 02:24:17 -0700 (PDT), Doug
wrote:

snip

See one eyewitness account of the harrowing experience: http://www.scriptonitedaily.org/2012...#disqus_thread

A shocking account.

"By 8pm things were sounding fairly horrendous, with tweets suggesting police
had pepper sprayed a disabled man at Blackfriars."

Of course having seen the footage and formed our own opinions as to what
happened - the rest of the article is probably pure ****e as well.
Old August 1st 12, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Main Man

In article , jmsmith2011
@hotmail.co.uk says...

wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 02:24:17 -0700 (PDT), Doug
wrote:

snip

See one eyewitness account of the harrowing experience: http://www.scriptonitedaily.org/2012...#disqus_thread

A shocking account.

"By 8pm things were sounding fairly horrendous, with tweets suggesting police
had pepper sprayed a disabled man at Blackfriars."

Of course having seen the footage and formed our own opinions as to what
happened - the rest of the article is probably pure ****e as well.

That link is superb, an absolute confirmation that the whole thing is
controlled by a bleating herd of work-shy extreme left-wing ******* who
are just out to cause trouble, and when they find it they whine, whinge
and burst into tears.

"We will not be cowed. We will not be diverted. We will not be
silenced. We will stand together for our NHS, for our schools, for our
elderly having enough money to live in dignity, for people to have the
opportunity to work and for that work to be compensated as a living
wage, for public money to be spent on public services staffed by public
workers, for a world where problems at home and abroad are dealt with by
communication and understanding, not guns and bombs, for treating our
planet like it is our home and not a dumping ground."

But how unfortunate that the very last thing they want to do is
CONTRIBUTE!

--
That's it chums!
Old August 1st 12, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

[...]

Written by a total utter ******.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old August 1st 12, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 01/08/2012 10:24, Doug wrote:
"On Friday 27th July, 182 cyclists were held in a police kettle for
two hours, handcuffed in buses for three hours, and held in a police
cell from six hours to two days. These included a 13 year old boy.
Police also confirmed the cyclists reports that CS gas was used
during these arrests.

That's what can happen if you deliberately break the law.

Out of 182 cyclists, only 3 have been charged with any offence.
However, ALL have bail conditions imposed on them until September
18th 2012 restricting their freedom to move, assmeble, associate and
live their lives.

Quite right too.

We have the following demands:

1. All bail conditions should be
discharged

2. All data including DNA, fingerprint, addresses etc
taken from those cyclists should be removed from all paper and
comupter records of police & other agencies.

3. An independent review
of the police behaviour on Friday 27th July should be conducted as a
matter of urgency.

4. Free blow jobs for all UB40's.

5. Malcolm & Cressida Wright-Prat should run the country.

No ****wit, for offences under the Public Order Act.

This political policing to crush dissent and restrict peoples rights
without charge must be stoppped. Help us stand for a police and legal
system which we can believe in, sign our petition today."

We already have a legal system most people believe in. If I see a bunch
of utter ****s out to cause trouble, I want the *******s arrested.

Now get back on your trike & stop assaulting coppers.

Old August 1st 12, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 01/08/2012 10:24, Doug wrote:

"On Friday 27th July, 182 cyclists were held in a police kettle for two hours, handcuffed in buses for three hours, and held in a police cell from six hours to two days. These included a 13 year old boy. Police also confirmed the cyclists reports that CS gas was used during these arrests.

Out of 182 cyclists, only 3 have been charged with any offence. However, ALL have bail conditions imposed on them until September 18th 2012 restricting their freedom to move, assmeble, associate and live their lives.

We have the following demands:
1. All bail conditions should be discharged
2. All data including DNA, fingerprint, addresses etc taken from those cyclists should be removed from all paper and comupter records of police & other agencies.
3. An independent review of the police behaviour on Friday 27th July should be conducted as a matter of urgency.

Demand away.

Knock yourselves out.