Anti-nuclear bike ride.

Old March 7th 12, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Anti-nuclear bike ride.

"We'd like to invite you to two events this coming weekend to mark the
anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and our opposition to
the plans to build new nuclear power stations in the UK.

Fri 9th March, 8pm, upstairs in the Gregson, Lancaster: film evening
(more info below)
Sat 10th March, 11am antinuclear bike ride to Heysham, followed by
picnic at 3pm at the power station..."

Mo
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493182.html

Old March 7th 12, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Doug" wrote in message

Fri 9th March, 8pm, upstairs in the Gregson, Lancaster: film evening
(more info below)
Sat 10th March, 11am antinuclear bike ride to Heysham, followed by
picnic at 3pm at the power station..."

Mo
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493182.html

I think that's a good idea. The thought of nuclear powered bikes is
horrifying.

Old March 7th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 7, 7:27*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Doug wrote:
"We'd like to invite you to two events this coming weekend to mark the
anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and our opposition to
the plans to build new nuclear power stations in the UK.

I think we actually need more Nuclear Power Stations, so won't support
this action.

I propose they build one just down the road from me at Thorpe Marsh, on
the site of the de-commissioned coal-fired power station ...

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish * * * * * *Danny Hart

We could actually see Barmby Dun from the top of Nunburnholme hill
yesterday afternoon.
Along with Drax, Eggborough and Ferrybridge - it was a beautiful day.
A bit grotty today, but as I am at work I don't care :-)

--
Simon Mason
Old March 7th 12, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 07/03/2012 06:17, Doug wrote:
"We'd like to invite you to two events this coming weekend to mark the
anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and our opposition to
the plans to build new nuclear power stations in the UK.

Fri 9th March, 8pm, upstairs in the Gregson, Lancaster: film evening
(more info below)
Sat 10th March, 11am antinuclear bike ride to Heysham, followed by
picnic at 3pm at the power station..."

Mo
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493182.html

A ****wits convention. Cyclists & anti nuclear loonies.

Will Malcolm & Cressida Wright-Prat be attending?

University
Old March 8th 12, 05:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 7, 3:39*pm, davethedave wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:27:51 +0000, Paul - xxx wrote:
"We'd like to invite you to two events this coming weekend to mark the
anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and our opposition to the
plans to build new nuclear power stations in the UK.

I think we actually need more Nuclear Power Stations, so won't support
this action.

I agree. Some more nice clean nuclear is the way to go.

However I am against nuclear bikes. The reactor would have to go all too
close to the family jewels to fit it between the wheels. Weight may also
be an issue.
--
davethedave

Correct.
I would hate to shell out £5000 on a carbon bike and then have a big
slab of Uranium strapped to it,
Uranium is a very dense metal you know.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 8th 12, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 08/03/2012 04:25, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 7, 3:39 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:27:51 +0000, Paul - xxx wrote:
"We'd like to invite you to two events this coming weekend to mark the
anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and our opposition to the
plans to build new nuclear power stations in the UK.

I think we actually need more Nuclear Power Stations, so won't support
this action.

I agree. Some more nice clean nuclear is the way to go.

However I am against nuclear bikes. The reactor would have to go all too
close to the family jewels to fit it between the wheels. Weight may also
be an issue.
--
davethedave

Correct.
I would hate to shell out £5000 on a carbon bike and then have a big
slab of Uranium strapped to it,
Uranium is a very dense metal you know.

But not as dense as the average cyclist.

University
Old March 9th 12, 05:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 7, 3:39*pm, davethedave wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:27:51 +0000, Paul - xxx wrote:
"We'd like to invite you to two events this coming weekend to mark the
anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear disaster and our opposition to the
plans to build new nuclear power stations in the UK.

I think we actually need more Nuclear Power Stations, so won't support
this action.

I agree. Some more nice clean nuclear is the way to go.

However I am against nuclear bikes. The reactor would have to go all too
close to the family jewels to fit it between the wheels. Weight may also
be an issue.
--
davethedave

I would not be bothered about irradiating my gonads as I have done all
of the reproducing that I want to do.
Unless I meet a young dolly bird after our lass leaves me.

--
Simon Mason

Old March 9th 12, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Mar 7, 6:51*am, "Partac" wrote:
"Doug" *wrote in message

Fri 9th March, 8pm, upstairs in the Gregson, Lancaster: film evening
(more info below)
Sat 10th March, 11am antinuclear bike ride to Heysham, followed by
picnic at 3pm at the power station..."

Mohttp://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493182.html

I think that's a good idea. The thought of nuclear powered bikes is
horrifying.

Many people try to downplay the risks of nuclear and presumably would
be quite happy to have nuclear powered cars and bicycles. Just imagine
all that radioactivity everywhere and nuclear filling stations.

Doug.

Old March 9th 12, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Doug" wrote in message

On Mar 7, 6:51 am, "Partac" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

Fri 9th March, 8pm, upstairs in the Gregson, Lancaster: film evening
(more info below)
Sat 10th March, 11am antinuclear bike ride to Heysham, followed by
picnic at 3pm at the power station..."

Mohttp://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493182.html

I think that's a good idea. The thought of nuclear powered bikes is
horrifying.

Many people try to downplay the risks of nuclear and presumably would
be quite happy to have nuclear powered cars and bicycles. Just imagine
all that radioactivity everywhere and nuclear filling stations.

Doug.

Especially if you run out of nuclear fuel on the by-pass. Imagine having to
walk to the nuclear filling station and then returning with a plastic can of
unleaded nuclear fuel sloshing about.

Old March 9th 12, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 9, 10:58*am, "Partac" wrote:
"Doug" *wrote in message

On Mar 7, 6:51 am, "Partac" wrote: "Doug" *wrote in message

Fri 9th March, 8pm, upstairs in the Gregson, Lancaster: film evening
(more info below)
Sat 10th March, 11am antinuclear bike ride to Heysham, followed by
picnic at 3pm at the power station..."

Mohttp://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/03/493182.html

I think that's a good idea. The thought of nuclear powered bikes is
horrifying.

Many people try to downplay the risks of nuclear and presumably would
be quite happy to have nuclear powered cars and bicycles. Just imagine
all that radioactivity everywhere and nuclear filling stations.

Doug.

Especially if you run out of nuclear fuel on the by-pass. Imagine having to
walk to the nuclear filling station and then returning with a plastic can of
unleaded nuclear fuel sloshing about.

Since uranium has a density of 19000 kgm-3, a five litre can would
weigh 95kg or 210lbs which is the equivalent of a 15 stone man.
Very few people would be capable of even picking it up, let alone
carrying it.

--
Simon Mason

Japanese earthquake and why nuclear energy is not safe. Derek C UK 356 May 10th 11 08:41 AM
Repugs to “go nuclear” pmv Racing 1 April 15th 09 03:22 PM
North Korea surrender a nuclear program??? [email protected] General 0 September 20th 05 08:26 AM
Trek's Ride-with-Lance giveaway anti-Canadian? Erik Freitag General 4 July 1st 04 10:18 PM
nuclear powered biycle built Shane D. Maudiss Techniques 7 December 1st 03 10:46 PM