Ride report after eating fruit

Old March 8th 12, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Ride report after eating fruit

Ate a tin of grapefruit at 1400 and left work at 1500 with a 35mph direct
headwind to contend with. Thanks to thirty six's advice, I started with a
very high cadence of around 90 rpm. After about six miles I was cooking on
gas and pulling 20 mph into the wind with great ease. Then I got help up a
tad by these roadworks.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

After that delay caused by drivers, I pinned it at 25mph, despite the wind.
About a mile from home I eased off and rode up the 70ft high "hill" back
home again. I will probably have herring, channa dahl, dark chocolate,
carrot cake and tinned mandarins before I set off home at 1500 today. One
more day tomorrow then a weekend of walking beckons again.

It beats wasting all my evenings and weekends hunched up posting trolling
messages nobody ever reads.

--
Simon Mason

Old March 8th 12, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 8, 5:16*am, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Ate a tin of grapefruit at 1400 and left work at 1500 with a 35mph direct
headwind to contend with. Thanks to thirty six's advice, I started with a
very high cadence of around 90 rpm. After about six miles I was cooking on
gas and pulling 20 mph into the wind with great ease. Then I got help up a
tad by these roadworks.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

After that delay caused by drivers, I pinned it at 25mph, despite the wind.
About a mile from home I eased off and rode up the 70ft high "hill" back
home again.

Well it all sounds good, but is this as good as it gets or have you
managed quicker(roadworks excluded) or easier?

I will probably have herring, channa dahl, dark chocolate,
carrot cake

I don't think you need the cake with all the rest, but if you do have
it, have it with 1/2 an hour to the off followed by a cup of coffee.

and tinned mandarins before I set off home at 1500 today. One
more day tomorrow then a weekend of walking beckons again.

The low GI of chana dahl makes it look perfect to have before going
for a long walk.

Old March 8th 12, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Watereasy Macerator

Watereasy Macerator

Small bore outlet (32mm) enables installation of WC ensuite and in other
areas where conventional waste pipe cannot be fitted. Also accepts
washbasin input on either side. Automatic activation. 500W.
Watereasy is supported by a nation wide network of Service Engineers.
For safety reasons this product is non returnable once the packaging has
been opened. For mechanical / installation / spare part queries, please
phone manufacturer's call out service

University
Old March 8th 12, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 8, 8:11*am, thirty-six wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:16*am, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Ate a tin of grapefruit at 1400 and left work at 1500 with a 35mph direct
headwind to contend with. Thanks to thirty six's advice, I started with a
very high cadence of around 90 rpm. After about six miles I was cooking on
gas and pulling 20 mph into the wind with great ease. Then I got help up a
tad by these roadworks.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

After that delay caused by drivers, I pinned it at 25mph, despite the wind.
About a mile from home I eased off and rode up the 70ft high "hill" back
home again.

Well it all *sounds good, but is this as good as it gets or have you
managed quicker(roadworks excluded) or easier?

Yes - much quicker but that was due to a 50mph tailwind, not because I
ate some fruit before I set off.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 8th 12, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 8, 8:27*am, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

How about fruit, cabbage and beans to give you a 200mph
tailwind? ;-)
Old March 9th 12, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 05:16:34 -0000, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Ate a tin of grapefruit at 1400 and left work at 1500 with a 35mph direct
headwind to contend with. Thanks to thirty six's advice, I started with a
very high cadence of around 90 rpm. After about six miles I was cooking on
gas and pulling 20 mph into the wind with great ease. Then I got help up a
tad by these roadworks.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

After that delay caused by drivers, I pinned it at 25mph, despite the wind.
About a mile from home I eased off and rode up the 70ft high "hill" back
home again. I will probably have herring, channa dahl, dark chocolate,
carrot cake and tinned mandarins before I set off home at 1500 today. One
more day tomorrow then a weekend of walking beckons again.

It beats wasting all my evenings and weekends hunched up posting trolling
messages nobody ever reads.

Absolutely fascinating

Old March 10th 12, 06:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 8, 4:24*pm, thirty-six wrote:
[...]

tailwind? * *;-)- Hide quoted text -

I don't really suffer from flatulence and in any case, it is coming up
to summer and in summer you get a tail wind on most days.
In the cool mornings, I get the prevailing westerlies which blow me to
work and then after the Sun has a worked its magic on the North Sea, I
get an incoming Easterly sea breeze to blow me home. Good job my
commute is not the other way around.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 10th 12, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 10, 5:10*am, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

The sun warms the land through the day and so the local wind blows
inland as the warm air rises above the land usually after 2 o'clock.
Old March 10th 12, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

....... just verbal diarrhoea - or as you have been told : you post pure ****e.

Old March 10th 12, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 10, 10:14*am, thirty-six wrote:
[...]

inland as the warm air rises above the land usually after 2 o'clock.- Hide quoted text -

Mrs M asked me to enquire as to your current medical condition and how
you got to be there.
Plus, what sort of mobility do you have now? - I did say I'd ask, but
if you want to tell me to keep my nose out, I will understand.

--
Simon Mason