Brompton Rear Puncture

Old March 9th 12, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Brompton Rear Puncture

After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

Oh what joy awaits. But it will have to wait until next weekend. I'm
off to Hamburg tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend a decent curry
house?
Old March 9th 12, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 21:53:05 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

Oh what joy awaits. But it will have to wait until next weekend. I'm
off to Hamburg tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend a decent curry
house?

Is Sir within reach of Brick Lane?

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
Old March 10th 12, 02:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 09/03/2012 21:53, Bertie Wooster wrote:
After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

OMG! What an unexpected tragedy. Excuse me while I **** myself laughing
at you.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

**** me, you are well out of your depth here.

Removing the rear wheel of a pushbike. Tricky one that. You are bound
to need a comprehensive instruction book.

Oh what joy awaits. But it will have to wait until next weekend. I'm
off to Hamburg tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend a decent curry
house?

FFS

University
Old March 10th 12, 05:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 9, 9:53*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:
After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

Oh what joy awaits. But it will have to wait until next weekend. I'm
off to Hamburg tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend a decent curry
house?

Yes - I had a wonderful vindaloo here in 2010.

Maharaja
Detlef-Bremer-Str.25
20359 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 -317 49 28

http://www.maharaja-hamburg.de/index2.html

Have a good time and don't forget to visit what used to be the Star
Club where the The Beatles plied their trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star-Club

--
Simon Mason
Old March 10th 12, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 10, 4:31*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 9, 9:53*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:

After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

Oh what joy awaits. But it will have to wait until next weekend. I'm
off to Hamburg tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend a decent curry
house?

Yes - I had a wonderful vindaloo here in 2010.

Maharaja
Detlef-Bremer-Str.25
*20359 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 -317 49 28

http://www.maharaja-hamburg.de/index2.html

You can even park up a hire bike outside.

http://g.co/maps/e6hsj

--
Simon Mason

Old March 10th 12, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Mar 10, 1:26*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 09/03/2012 21:53, Bertie Wooster wrote:

After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

OMG! *What an unexpected tragedy. Excuse me while I **** myself laughing
at you.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

**** me, you are well out of your depth here.

Removing the rear wheel of a pushbike. Tricky one that. *You are bound
to need a comprehensive instruction book.

Rear wheel removal on a Brompton can be trickier than most.

Doug.

Old March 11th 12, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:
On 09/03/2012 21:53, Bertie Wooster wrote:

After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

OMG! *What an unexpected tragedy. Excuse me while I **** myself laughing
at you.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

**** me, you are well out of your depth here.

Removing the rear wheel of a pushbike. Tricky one that. *You are bound
to need a comprehensive instruction book.

Rear wheel removal on a Brompton can be trickier than most.

As a "professional" handyman, I expect that Meds can do it without
instructions.

Hehehe!
Old March 11th 12, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:31:58 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

[...]

Although we flew into Hamburg, we went to Lubeck.

A great short break.
Old March 11th 12, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:
On 09/03/2012 21:53, Bertie Wooster wrote:

After 3,500 miles of trouble free cycling on my trusted Brompton, I
got a rear tyre puncture late last night.

OMG! What an unexpected tragedy. Excuse me while I **** myself laughing
at you.

Oh bugger - now I have to master the art of a Brompton rear wheel
removal - puncture repair and replace the current Marathon tyres with
Marathon Plus tyres.

**** me, you are well out of your depth here.

Removing the rear wheel of a pushbike. Tricky one that. You are bound
to need a comprehensive instruction book.

Rear wheel removal on a Brompton can be trickier than most.

As a "professional" handyman, I expect that Meds can do it without
instructions.

I certainly could. I have an angle grinder, I could have that off in
seconds.

I do actually carry out a few bicycle repairs - for my 9 year old
granddaughter - she rides a bicycle like many children.

I can see Cwispin now, instruction book in one hand (I suspect he reads
many books one handed), spanner in the other, trying to remember which
way is anticlockwise.

University
Old March 12th 12, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

A great short break.- Hide quoted text -

Glad you enjoyed it.
We were toying with the idea of getting a ferry from Copenhagen to
Lubeck to avoid the long drive from Copenhagen to Hamburg in 2010, but
in the end we drove as it worked out cheaper.

--
Simon Mason