Miyata Seat + KH Seat Cover = massive frustration

Old January 2nd 04, 08:55 AM
mscalisi

Default Miyata Seat + KH Seat Cover = massive frustration

I saw a similar thread to this one that had turned bad...I hope this one
goes well.

So, I recieved my box o' stuff from unicycle.com today, including the
GB4 Stiffener plate, the GB4 handle, an air seat kit, and the roach(kh)
seat cover.

I drilled a new hole for the GB4 Handle, installed the plate, handle and
seat post, got the airseat setup, but I CANNOT fit the KH seat cover
over the seat base. I tried and I tried and I tried, and I am now
convinced that the cover is just too small. I even tried putting in on
without the airseat.

Anybody else experience this? the KH cover IS for miyata saddles isn't
it? Is there more than one shape miyata seat? Do I need a cover other
than the KH?

...kind of a bummer to have a project crash and burn.

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old January 2nd 04, 12:47 PM
Sofa

Are you trying to put the vinyl cover from the KH seat on a miyata
saddle? Or are you trying to put a roach cover on a miyata seat...or on
a KH Velo saddle?

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.0

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old January 2nd 04, 01:23 PM
U-Turn

There are almost certainly different models of the KH cover, unmarked.
Here is one on a Miyata base with a Kinport handle. It seemed to work
ok although the cover string acted more like a Miyata wire than a
drawstring and I had to use the clips to hold it on.

| Attachment filename: 29er side (small).jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/182164|

U-Turn - Wholly Roller

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

'Unatics Website' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

-- Dave Stockton

Old January 2nd 04, 05:54 PM
mscalisi

U-Turn wrote:
*There are almost certainly different models of the KH cover,
unmarked. Here is one on a Miyata base with a Kinport handle. It
seemed to work ok although the cover string acted more like a Miyata
wire than a drawstring and I had to use the clips to hold it on. *

I couldn't even get mine on THAT far.

I thought I was going crazy. I called unicyle.com, and they confirmed
that the recieved a batch of short covers, and they're going to send me
a new one that's been tested.

Old January 2nd 04, 06:05 PM
Jim_Rob

Yes, I had the same problem recently. I ordered a "Roach" seat cover
from unicycle.com for the 29'er I had just built. The seat cover was
not the same as the Roach cover I had bought a few months previously
(for my MUni). The first Roach cover was the old kind that had the
"pockets" that slip over the ends of the seat and the draw string. The
new old was obviously meant to be held by the seat cover clips (and it
had someone's signature on the back). Unfortunately it would not slip
over the Myata seat base that I had also just bought, and I tried
everything. I finally decide that since it was for the 29er, I could
modify the seat base, making it smaller. Using a heat gun and hack saw,
I was able to fashion something that worked, but let's just say I'm glad
the seat cover covered everything up. Next time I try to put together a
seat I will make some exploratory calls to see what the current set-up
is. Or perhaps the people in the know could enlighten us here.

--
Jim_Rob - Old Man

TTFN

JR
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Team vs Strada mjbass Recumbent Biking 43 January 5th 04 03:28 AM
Will a Miyata seat cover fit on a carbon fibre seatbase? TonyMelton Unicycling 3 December 11th 03 03:45 AM
Seat comparisons Mikefule Unicycling 15 August 25th 03 07:53 AM
GB Handle install on Miyata Seat? tomblackwood Unicycling 2 July 14th 03 12:03 PM