tires for my old Raleigh

Old August 2nd 04, 03:17 AM
Michael

Default tires for my old Raleigh

Hi. Does anyone know what my options are for tires for my Lenton
Tourist? I'd like to use a 1 1/4" x 597 mm tire if possible cuz the 1
3/8 is too fat to get on and off easily not to mention heavier. The
rims are ea-1 I believe. They just say "ea" and then "k-1" on them.
Any info on sources appreciated!

michael
Old August 2nd 04, 05:52 AM
A Muzi

Michael wrote:

Hi. Does anyone know what my options are for tires for my Lenton
Tourist? I'd like to use a 1 1/4" x 597 mm tire if possible cuz the 1
3/8 is too fat to get on and off easily not to mention heavier. The
rims are ea-1 I believe. They just say "ea" and then "k-1" on them.
Any info on sources appreciated!

michael

We like most reasonably well equipped LBS have black and
tanside versiona of the EA-1 597 tire but no really premium
quality tires

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old August 2nd 04, 12:01 PM
cornbread

Michael Wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know what my options are for tires for my Lenton
Tourist? I'd like to use a 1 1/4" x 597 mm tire if possible cuz the 1
3/8 is too fat to get on and off easily not to mention heavier. The
rims are ea-1 I believe. They just say "ea" and then "k-1" on them.
Any info on sources appreciated!

michael

I believe that the beadseat on your rims is 590 mm
and the tire that your are thinking about is 597. This tire is very
common on Schwinns from the 60's and 70's.

--
cornbread

relative cost/usage between bicycle tires and automobile tires Anonymous Techniques 46 April 7th 04 07:03 PM
"Carbon" tires psycholist Techniques 34 January 28th 04 07:45 AM
FS: Reynolds 531 Road Bicycle. 58 cm classic Raleigh. Built-up ascommuter bike. Good riding condition. Mavic, StrongLight, Campagnolocomponents, good tires, extras. I'm keeping the pedals. Carefully boxed toship or you can pick up in the Atlanta Mark Shefrin Marketplace 1 September 17th 03 04:42 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant Techniques 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM