Clicky Marzocchi's

Old July 11th 06, 08:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dre

Default Clicky Marzocchi's

Hi all, I have a pair of 2004 model Marzocchi drop offs. The shocks work
fine, apart from the fact that they click, its especially noticable when
riding on grass as its very quiet (except for the forks). The click only
happens when the fork legs change direction, so if you grab the handlebars
and move them quickly up and down, but not very far up and down, you can
hear something inside click click click.

The forks work really well, its just annoying that they click. Is there
anything I can do about it?? I have made a booking for thursday at the LBS
to get them serviced but I was thinking maybe I take open them up myself
beforehand and take a look (I dont have any problems pulling stuff apart and
putting it back together) but before I do, has anyone experienced this
before and did they fix it?? if so, what fixed it??

Cheers Dre

Old July 11th 06, 01:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

"Dre" wrote in message
Hi all, I have a pair of 2004 model Marzocchi drop offs. The shocks work
fine, apart from the fact that they click, its especially noticable when
riding on grass as its very quiet (except for the forks). The click only
happens when the fork legs change direction, so if you grab the handlebars
and move them quickly up and down, but not very far up and down, you can
hear something inside click click click.

If I remember correctly, I think the Drop Off is both oil and coil. You will
have to open it up and look at what is going on inside. If its a bad seal,
then its replaceable. If its a problem with the coil, that's replaceable too
and might as well do an oil change. You should change your oil every 6
months to a year (depending on how much you ride and where you ride). I'll
bet that if nothing is wrong with the coil or the air seal, then all you
need is some fresh oil to make it nice and smooth and "unclicky" again.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old July 12th 06, 12:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dre

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Dre" wrote in message
[...]

Nice, thanks for the info. I'm about to put another set of forks on the
bike (QR - 20mm axle) so I'll wait till its off the bike and then I'll
attempt my first shock rebuild

I've spoken to a couple more people and they both say it sounds like the
coil moving around inside so thats where I'll start looking. Plus these
forks are now waaaaaaaaay overdue for new oil anyway...

Cheers Dre

Old July 12th 06, 02:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

"Dre" wrote in message
"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Dre" wrote in message
[...]

btw, I meant to say "air and coil", not "oil and coil", when I responded to
you, that just sounded dumb...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old July 13th 06, 01:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dre

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Dre" wrote in message
"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"Dre" wrote in message
[...]

Hi, you were right the first time They are air/oil/coil!

Cheers Dre