Your government looking out for you

Old February 16th 10, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Default Your government looking out for you

Note cycling content imbedded in the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqfX...layer_embedded

Old February 17th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ron Wallenfang

On Feb 16, 3:47*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Note cycling content imbedded in the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqfX...layer_embedded

Provocative film clip. Unless the risks are severe, the issue should
be addressed by warnings, such as those in the Physician's Desk
Reference
Old February 17th 10, 01:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:47:32 -0800, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Note cycling content imbedded in the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqfX...layer_embedded

That must have been one bad crash.

I pretty much stick to that old standby, aspirin rather than the newer
guys on the market. It is nice that the government is looking out for
me but this looks like something that makes no sense. Most of the
things that make it through the government (which is, by the way, the
people we elect) does make sense though.
Old February 19th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Feb 16, 4:47*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Note cycling content imbedded in the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqfX...layer_embedded

I notice they said:

"Among patients who were prescribed pain medication AND HAD NO PRIOR
HISTORY OF DRUG ABUSE, the abuse or addiction rate was less than one
fifth of one percent."

That's good news indeed.

But it also means there was a 99.8% chance that a certain overweight,
draft dodging, law breaking, multiply-divorced, ultra-right-wing radio
talk show host was also a drug abuser earlier in life.

What a guy!

- Frank Krygowski
Old February 19th 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Feb 19, 8:58*am, * Still Just Me *
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:47:32 -0800, "Bill Sornson" a
brainwashed, bigoted, angry white man wrote:

Note cycling content imbedded in the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqfX...layer_embedded

You are such a brainwashed, ideologic moron. Yes, let's stop the FDA
from controlling drugs and return to the days of snake oil. That will
be much better.

There are alternative drugs for people who are in chronic pain. The
suggestion that these are the only drugs that are available and the
people in chronic pain will have no alternatives is beyond even your
level of brainwashed stupidity.

The "Reason" foundation is funded by Exxon-Mobil. Surprised?
Old February 20th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Bill Sornson wrote:
Note cycling content imbedded in the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqfX...layer_embedded

This piece is so misleading I had to watch it a couple of times to
disentangle it.

The FDA panel remarks are about acetaminophen, but the video segues into
opiate addiction, a very different subject.

Acetaminophen is dangerous because the functional/theraputic dose is so
close to the toxic dose. My next door neighbor recently was diagnosed
with liver damage from taking too much acetaminophen. It's easy to do
and pretty serious.

I have been prescribed opiates in the not too distant past as have my
children. When I was hospitalized in the not too distant past, I was
allowed enough morphine to get some pretty good hallucinations going. If
anything, the medical profession seems to be a good deal looser with
painkillers than in the past (a good thing). This video seemed like
plain old fear mongering.