URCM Moderation on Poster

Old November 1st 12, 12:33 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default URCM Moderation on Poster

The following post - by JNugent took 19 hours to be moderated.
There is absolutely nothing contentious in the post - I suggest the time delay
*must* have been introduced because of who was making the post.

Of course, it would be most helpful if the URCM moderators could give an
alternative explanation for the delay given that another dozen or so posts were
actually moderated in that same "hold" period.

From: jnugent
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling.moderated
Subject: Government considering crazy back roads rat run subsidy
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:34:58 +0000
On 31/10/2012 07:16, Mark wrote:

[ ...]

Personally I think we should tax car *use* rather than ownership. We
could have a tax on fuel instead, for example ;-) The VED is, of
course, a hammer to beat cyclists with.

The abolition of the road tax disc would subvert the registration system
and would mean that there was no bar to an individual owning a fleet of
bangers, all parked along the kerb, but essentially untraceable to him.

[ ... ]

+1. It is my opinion that the majority of people are completely
selfish when it comes to their car use. A couple of large employers,
when building new premises in a nearby town, were forced to have car
parks too small to accomodate all the employees to encourage the
above. Did it work? No. All the residential streets around the
buildings are full of parked cars which really annoys those who live
there.

The fault lies with those who imagine that they have a right and a duty
to specify an under-provision of facilities for reasons they could never
justify to those who will be adversely affected.

Old November 1st 12, 05:28 PM posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:18:50 +0000, Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
Judith wrote:
On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 13:02:47 +0000, Mike Bristow wrote:

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.net.news.moderation.]
In article ,
Judith wrote:
The following post - by JNugent took 19 hours to be moderated.

Apart from the fact that the thread drift is veering massivly off-topic,
you mean?

He did not cause the thread to drift - he was purely responding to other
posters.

Indeed. But you do have to draw the line somewhere.

Yes of course you do: it was most odd that it just happened to be Mr Nugent.

Anyway, I am sure that a URCM moderator will be along shortly to give us the
real explanation and we will be able to see that the actions were perfectly
reasonable.

(urc added)

URCM - abuse of moderation power Pedt[_3_] UK 0 April 5th 11 08:28 AM
Have you heard about the new poster to URCM Judith[_4_] UK 0 February 11th 11 10:28 PM
Proposed Motion of No Confidence in URCM Moderation A Fresh Start UK 756 June 10th 10 07:05 PM
Moderation.... Marc[_2_] UK 4 July 2nd 09 05:56 PM
Moderation of URC James[_4_] UK 74 October 8th 08 07:30 AM