Another Cyclist rants for getting a fine for riding in a no cyclingzone

Old March 18th 19, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Another Cyclist rants for getting a fine for riding in a no cyclingzone

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-ban-1-8851437
Old April 2nd 19, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 18/03/2019 17:05, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-ban-1-8851437

Don't cycle on the footway (or in any other pedestrian-only area) and
you won't get a FPN for cycling on the footway (or in any other
pedestrian-only area).

Not rocket surgery, is it?

But I see that he claims he only rode his bicycle in a pedestrian zone
for “three or four metres” ... before fully dismounting. So he feels
hard done by.

Actually, I could support him in that, but only if I could believe that
he would, reciprocally, support a penalised driver who had impinged with
a motor vehicle into/onto a pedestrian zone to the same sort of distance
(are there all that many 4 metre-wide footways?). What are the chances,
would you say?

Big fine for speeding cyclist Mrcheerful UK 74 November 4th 15 10:28 PM
Cyclist rants at cyclists Tarcap UK 1 August 20th 15 10:01 AM
Just a fine for cyclist that ran down a solicitor Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 94 July 9th 12 11:20 PM
Reduced sidewalk riding fine & cycle paths Chris B. General 18 May 22nd 04 01:42 AM
Reduced sidewalk riding fine & cycle paths Chris B. Social Issues 17 May 22nd 04 01:42 AM