Do you consider yourself a hero or an idiot?

Old August 18th 09, 03:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default Do you consider yourself a hero or an idiot?

Originally Posted by TVS_SS
"I do not get upset when people yell at me from cars or tell me to get
off the road. Many have had bad experiences with cyclists..."

***

Who says we are idiots?

The idiots are the ones that ignore yelling, honking and all sorts of
attacks out there. Or maybe we are just "tough" like a soldier
fighting for freedom.

However you want to interpret it.

In a land where SUVs rule, it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid
to ride a bike... But a man gotta do, what a man gotta do.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old August 18th 09, 03:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Originally Posted by pedex
"other"

***

Other what... OK, let's flip the question around,

DO YOU CONSIDER DRIVERS HEROES OR IDIOTS?

Of course, we don't need a poll for that. I rest my case.

Old August 18th 09, 04:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Originally Posted by apricissimus
"I consider you a hero for having the courage to ask the tough
questions."

Thank you. A man gotta do...

Still the real heroes are the ones out there dodging bullets and
SUVs.
Old August 18th 09, 08:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
KingOfTheApes

Originally Posted by cudak888
"Are you advocating confrontational behavior then?"

I don't advocate submissive riding either. I'd crack down on the
predators, but I'd first try to SEPARATE predator and prey.

Old August 18th 09, 08:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
berk

Heroic Idiot? Idiotic Hero?

Take your choice.

berk
Old August 18th 09, 09:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
KingOfTheApes

On Aug 18, 3:59*pm, berk wrote:
Heroic Idiot? Idiotic Hero?

Take your choice.

berk

Either one describes most people out there.
Old August 19th 09, 02:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Opus[_2_]

On Aug 18, 2:18 pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
Originally Posted by TVS_SS
"I do not get upset when people yell at me from cars or tell me to get
off the road. Many have had bad experiences with cyclists..."

***

Who says we are idiots?

The idiots are the ones that ignore yelling, honking and all sorts of
attacks out there. Or maybe we are just "tough" like a soldier
fighting for freedom.

However you want to interpret it.

In a land where SUVs rule, it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid
to ride a bike... But a man gotta do, what a man gotta do.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I have been told that I am a hero for riding my bike even after
someone tried to kill me because I was riding a bike, but I don't feel
that way. Hero is someone that died for a cause, also known as a
martyr. There are few heroes in the sports world (maybe Tom Simpson
for cyclists).
Old August 19th 09, 04:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
In a land where SUVs rule, it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid
to ride a bike... But a man gotta do, what a man gotta do.

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I have been told that I am a hero for riding my bike even after
someone tried to kill me because I was riding a bike, but I don't feel
that way. Hero is someone that died for a cause, also known as a
martyr. There are few heroes in the sports world (maybe Tom Simpson
for cyclists).- Hide quoted text -

If we were at war, I'd grant you a Medal of Valor, but our cause is
more like non-declared guerrilla hostility.