traffic rules are for other people

Old May 16th 17, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default traffic rules are for other people

On 5/15/2017 3:45 PM, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:17:57 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I remember hearing about the bell requirement before one of our trips to
Europe. I diligently fitted bells to both my bike and my wife's. Can't
remember if I ever used the bell, but certainly nobody ever checked
whether we had one.

I have a bell and compass combination on my touring bike. Compass is great. I like to know which direction I am riding. Never use the bell except for fun sometimes just to hear it ring.

It sounds like we may have the same bell/compass. I do sometimes use
the bell when I'm about to pass close to a pedestrian - for example, on
my own residential street, which lacks sidewalks. But sometimes it just
doesn't register, whether because their high frequency hearing is dime,
or because it's just not a familiar sound. Then I say "Bicycle"
followed by either "Hi!" or "Excuse me."

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 16th 17, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:39:30 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/15/2017 3:45 PM, wrote:
[...]

My compass is about 1.5" diameter by about 1.5" high. Has the compass in a dome on top. Spring paddle on the side to hit with a thumb. Sounds good for a bell. I never ride the touring bike on the trails where there are walkers. So don't get to use it against the oblivious walkers.
Old May 16th 17, 12:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

Emanuel Berg wrote in
:

bike jippo

?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old May 16th 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 4:39:30 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/15/2017 3:45 PM, wrote:
[...]

That works for the one-in-ten who don't have earbuds. For the other nine, I yell at the top of my lungs "wake the f*** up brain dead!" That goes unheard, so I just ride through whatever gap I can find. If you can get their attention, they often startle and glower. My favorite are the earbud-ers with six dogs and a baby jogger. No gaps. I have to basically tap them on the shoulder, which totally freaks them out. Those people should have their phone numbers listed on their jogging suits so I could at least call them and ask them to move. I'm thinking of getting one of those locomotive horns..

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 16th 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Andrew Chaplin wrote:

bike jippo

?

Pretty lame tho hyped event with no real
substance which despite commercial and
political backing the commoner don't care to
get enthusiastic about.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old May 17th 17, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:03:07 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3166262

"...vehicle's sirens were on and its lights flashing at the
time of the crash.

Additionally, police said the bicyclist was riding on the
wrong side of the road."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

SENSORY CHAOS NO RECEPTION

///////////////

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsand...ch-day-and-why

TSD.... bad or no experience judgement.

I crossed the peninsula last night mostly alone outback on Ferrari Road heading into a long GOM twilight after observing the SpaceX Bus Launch from abt 70 miles away on a gorgeous ATL beach.....wow beautiful day.

I ran across almost every possible negative traffic condition When I entered the intertown back country traffic stream. Florida has BAD STATS and they are out there. Pulling out n back in after a short visit with hi beams into the oncoming lane is a new thriller.

we had a 18 wheeler at 5 mph. Difficult TSD. My van has aux lights for this so we quickly zoned the problem. Good luck with bad lights n CHOH or ?

2-3 optical illusions comprising traffic median blinkers n way off oncoming..

the obligatory motorcycle accident.

new solution to head ons with passing bad judgement ...I slowed to below the limit. This gives the overtaker moer time to kill himself.

Old May 17th 17, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/16/2017 7:00 PM, wrote:
[...]

TSD ??
http://www.acronymfinder.com/TSD.html