Bitch Rd Ride report. Edited version

Old February 11th 06, 07:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Bitch Rd Ride report. Edited version

Rode down to St Kilda to meet Eaun and Suzie and do the Bitch rd thing.
We were supposed to meet at Cafe ****** but I cought up on 2 slow
moving cyclists just by the scenic railway and realised it was them
Stopped anyway to get water. Talk about packed. Not even space for a
pushy.

We set off and rolled along happily. Suzie wanted to average 23 or so
but it was more like 26. Lots of big bunches going past us.. and after
one of em. (filled with particularily attractive female bums Eaun
sets off
after them. I jump on the back.. look around to see Euan and Suzie
right on my wheel... decide to stay there.. look around a few minutes
later.. and no Euan. I drop of the back of than bunch.. and the next
one and the next one.. Still alone. I look up as a bunch goes past..
almost sprinting distance to Black Rock. Hmmmmmmmm I tag on the bunch.

Still no Euan.. and now time for the sprint.. But the whole bunch slows
sown to a dawdle.. No point in pushing thru, its not a real race.. and
their are a lot of cars overtaking ..... bumper to bumper.. so we roll
up to the roundabout and I stop at the caffs on the other side.
Hmmmmmmmm first 'sprint' to me; well that wasnt too hard.

Eaun turns up a minute later ... out of the saddle.. pouring sweat
having done the individual TT thing trying to run me down.. Ha. Sucker
!!!. Suzie follows a couple of minutes later.

Coffee and off we go. I lose the other two up the first slight 1 in 100
ascent and I am feeling really good.. getting into the mood for very
slight gentle increases in altitude so I keep going up to a max
altitude of 20 metres or so. Going pretty hard (for an old fart) and I
overtake a few people including a gorgeous young lady on a tri bike..
I back off...easy run to the finish at Aspy
doing 42 43. then suddenly whooosh... Euan goes past.. never saw him
coming. I grunt '*******" should have saved my breath.. and do my
best to accelerate. I manage to hold him at 100 metres.. but I can't
peg him back at all. Bloody fast. Euan takes the aspy sprint.

Insert much muttering .

We turn.. roll back.. Suzie passes us after a half k or so going
like hell to aspy. we keep rolling and chatting and in a few minutes
she is back with us. We roll along.. Suzie gets her breath back..
She is noticably slowing down towards the end of the occasional 1 in 200
or so gentle rises and we more or less stay with her.. She is still
going 26 30 the rest of the time
tho..
A couple in orange jerseys pass us ... very close.. and instantly slow
in front of us. Utterly ignoring us. Sooo rude. We sit in behind
them for a good few ks untill Suzie makes go around them noises. we
do.. and go fairly hard up the long teeny increase in elevation before
black rock... Eaun is
obviously under the 'false' impression more sprint points are available
at black rock and is going very hard. (or perhaps he is just idling..
but he is going harder than I can) I am content to trail him and
keep Suzie in sight. From then on we dawdle along for a while..
Untill a spectacular blond on a Tri bike blows past and my er
'competative instincts' come to the fore and I chase her.. just holding
on to her until she blows a red light. (hmmmm should edit that.
Holding on to her would get me a smack from Kathy) Whoever you are..
great ass,
no manners no brains

I wait at the bike shops at Brighton till Eaun and Suzie get there.
Suzie buys herself a lovely Cannondale.. (Cannondale girl) mountain bike.
Its painted stealth orange. We have brecky. (This girl is a
shopping freak? Sheesh. "I,ll have brecky and what do you have in
orange Cannondales?")

We part company.. I go down St Kilda st where I manage to catch and talk
to an American Triathlete. "G'day mate.. missed ur name" And then
down Barkly St where some dopey broad tooted me to let me know she was
behind me. Gave her an earfull. I should have been nice and pointed
out that unlike car drivers when a cyclist looks around at you the
chance is that they have seen you. Ahhh well. I try to be nice but
sometimes its all too much. And then the long drag up Alma rd (WHich
has inclines that will do until we find some real hills) and
down Torronga to home

Dave
Old February 11th 06, 10:49 PM posted to aus.bicycle

dave Wrote:

[snip]

Coffee and off we go. I lose the other two up the first slight 1 in
100
ascent and I am feeling really good.. getting into the mood for very
slight gentle increases in altitude so I keep going up to a max
altitude of 20 metres or so.

[snip]

Dave

Touche!

Ritch

--
ritcho

Cheat Mountain Challenge Ride Report (2005/09/25) Chris BeHanna General 0 September 30th 05 05:19 AM
2nd official Muni ride!! unidaddy Unicycling 4 September 4th 05 03:00 AM
Hollywood, Music, Record Holders Gun for Chicago Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 January 26th 04 04:11 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM