Yet another place where cyclists are causing problems.

Old July 6th 10, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

Default Yet another place where cyclists are causing problems.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...0891&t=1&lid=3
Old July 6th 10, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Jul 6, 3:48*pm, PeterG wrote:
http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...ails.aspx?nsid...

And again in Hull
http://zone.theaa.com/forums/thread/750/
Old July 6th 10, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David[_11_]

"PeterG" wrote in message
http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...0891&t=1&lid=3

Sorry? Did I miss something? In what way were they causing problems?
Breaking the law, yes, but causing problems?

Old July 6th 10, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

David wrote:
"PeterG" wrote in message
http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...0891&t=1&lid=3

Sorry? Did I miss something? In what way were they causing problems?
Breaking the law, yes, but causing problems?

Quote "Riding on the pavement is one of the most common complaints we
receive from the public"

Complaints have been received, therefore there must have been problems.

--
Tony Dragon
Old July 6th 10, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David[_11_]

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
Sorry? Did I miss something? In what way were they causing problems?
Breaking the law, yes, but causing problems?

Quote "Riding on the pavement is one of the most common complaints we
receive from the public"

Complaints have been received, therefore there must have been problems.

LOL, no Mr.Dragon, that is not the case, although beautifully naïve.
)

Old July 6th 10, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:53:50 +0100 someone who may be "David"
wrote this:-

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...0891&t=1&lid=3

Sorry? Did I miss something? In what way were they causing problems?

An interesting quote from the article is:

"Last month during Avon and Somerset police's Relentless day of
action in Bath, officers stopped 17 cyclists in just one morning who
were riding on the pavements or flouting one-way restrictions."

Now it says officers, so let's say there were two and a morning is
three hours.

That means each office stopped say 9 cyclists each,to make the maths
easier. Three an hour, or one every 20 minutes.

A hotbed of crime? A useful use of expensively trained public
servants? I don't think so.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old July 6th 10, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Jul 6, 4:15*pm, "David" wrote:
"Tony Dragon" wrote in message

Sorry? *Did I miss something? *In what way were they causing problems?
Breaking the law, yes, but causing problems?

Quote "Riding on the pavement is one of the most common complaints we
receive from the public"

Complaints have been received, therefore there must have been problems.

LOL, no Mr.Dragon, that is not the case, although beautifully naïve.
)

Are you saying that complaints do not indicate a problem?
Old July 6th 10, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

wrote this:-

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk...ails.aspx?nsid....

Sorry? *Did I miss something? *In what way were they causing problems?

An interesting quote from the article is:

"Last month during Avon and Somerset police's Relentless day of
action in Bath, officers stopped 17 cyclists in just one morning who
were riding on the pavements or flouting one-way restrictions."

Now it says officers, so let's say there were two and a morning is
three hours.

That means each office stopped say 9 cyclists each,to make the maths
easier. Three an hour, or one every 20 minutes.

A hotbed of crime? A useful use of expensively trained public
servants? I don't think so.

--
* David Hansen, Edinburgh
*I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
*http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54

Perhaps they should stop looking for other crimes then, if it's a
numbers thing.
Old July 6th 10, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David[_11_]

"PeterG" wrote in message
Are you saying that complaints do not indicate a problem?

People will complain about anything.

I'm not condoning the breaking of the law, but what specific problems were
the cyclist causing? The details appear to be lacking somewhat.

Old July 6th 10, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

PeterG wrote:
wrote this:-

[...]

I suppose there is definitely no point in the police looking for murderers,
after all there are not many of them.