OT - Dodgy Package

Old September 19th 03, 10:32 AM
Ian

Default OT - Dodgy Package

Simon Mason must be edykated coz e writed:

Sorry, another OT in two days, but someone might find this amusing. My sauna
stove finally gave up the ghost after years of service due to the electric
elements having burnt out.

A new one arrived yesterday and I was left with the box it came in to
dispose of. I had thought of leaving it out at the end of the garden, but
after looking at the picture on the box, realised I could have given the
neighbours and the police the wrong idea!

Especially since someone probably shopped me for filming children's
playgrounds for a safety video.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zsauna.htm

You should be jailed! How dare you have a sauna at home when I haven't got
one?

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old September 19th 03, 10:39 AM
Richard Bates

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:28:43 +0100, "Simon Mason"
in
wrote:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zsauna.htm

Simon, I'm curious as to why all of your web pages begin with the
letter "Z".

Love and puzzlement from Rich x

--
A hippy goes up to a burger bar and asks the vendor,
"Make me one with everything"

Stop sleeping to email me.
Old September 19th 03, 10:53 AM
Simon Mason

wrote:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zsauna.htm

Simon, I'm curious as to why all of your web pages begin with the
letter "Z".

They don't all begin with "z" Richy baby. Permanent pages like this
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page65.html don't have a"z" prefix as they
are, well, permanent -(if anything can be permanent.)

Temporary pages like the beer bottle, newspaper clippings and sauna package
are given a z before the name so that after a few weeks I can get rid of
them all at once.

In my FTP program (CuteFTP) I can click on the name column and all of the
"zpages" are lined up together so I can delete them all without having to go
through the whole site weeding them out.

--
Simon

Old September 19th 03, 11:02 AM
Richard Bates

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:53:20 +0100, "Simon Mason"
in
wrote:

Temporary pages like the beer bottle, newspaper clippings and sauna package
are given a z before the name so that after a few weeks I can get rid of
them all at once.

Aha! Ta.

Love and dropped pennies from Rich x

Old September 19th 03, 04:59 PM
Dave

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Sorry, another OT in two days, but someone might find this amusing. My

sauna
stove finally gave up the ghost after years of service due to the electric
elements having burnt out.

A new one arrived yesterday and I was left with the box it came in to
dispose of. I had thought of leaving it out at the end of the garden, but
after looking at the picture on the box, realised I could have given the
neighbours and the police the wrong idea!

Especially since someone probably shopped me for filming children's
playgrounds for a safety video.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zsauna.htm

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby
East Yorkshire.
53°44'N 0°26'W
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

That is well dodgy packaging Simon!!...I'd probably shop you myself if I was
one of your neighbours and saw that in your garden....(not sure who to
though ;-)
Dave.

Old September 19th 03, 05:23 PM
Simon Mason

"Dave" wrote in message

That is well dodgy packaging Simon!!...I'd probably shop you myself if I

was
one of your neighbours and saw that in your garden....(not sure who to
though ;-)
Dave.

Yes, it's a pity isn't it? In some countries no one would think there was
anything wrong with taking a bath with your family. Here you can't even take
a photo of your own kids on the beach (or in a school play) without getting
locked up :-(

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old September 19th 03, 06:05 PM
James Hodson

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:31:07 +0100, "Dave" wrote:

...and when I tell folks (when I've known 'em for a while, not first
thing!!) that we used to go on naturist holidays in France, although not
suprised, I do get some amusing responses. You can just feel the unease at
discussing such a taboo subject.

Several years ago when I was flying one of my own kites I saw a kid of
perhaps 11 or 12 having trouble with a kite of his own. So, friendly
soul that I am, I walked over and asked if I could help. I was met by
a vision from who knows where. A screaching harridan from the deepest
depths of hell - or maybe Worthing (same thing sometimes) - stormed
over and screamed: "Don't interfere with my kid, you ******* pervert."

The mother (I assume) must have been sitting in her car and watching
her little darling struggle for several minutes.

FWIW, the kid's problem was with a too-heavy bridle for the wind
conditions. I could see that from 50 yards away.

So, these days, I don't even consider helping a struggling kid with
his kite unless another adult is present. As an aside, fathers, in the
main, seem more willing to accept my help than mothers.

James

--
"Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.
Old September 19th 03, 06:09 PM
Simon Mason

"James Hodson" wrote in message

FWIW, the kid's problem was with a too-heavy bridle for the wind
conditions. I could see that from 50 yards away.

Try telling that to the jury!

--
Simon

Old September 19th 03, 09:05 PM
Simon Brooke

James Hodson writes:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:31:07 +0100, "Dave" wrote:

...and when I tell folks (when I've known 'em for a while, not first
thing!!) that we used to go on naturist holidays in France, although not
suprised, I do get some amusing responses. You can just feel the unease at
discussing such a taboo subject.

Several years ago when I was flying one of my own kites I saw a kid of
perhaps 11 or 12 having trouble with a kite of his own. So, friendly
soul that I am, I walked over and asked if I could help. I was met by
a vision from who knows where. A screaching harridan from the deepest
depths of hell - or maybe Worthing (same thing sometimes) - stormed
over and screamed: "Don't interfere with my kid, you ******* pervert."

One of the very hot days this summer I was driving along in my truck
when I saw a bunch of kids at the side of the road waving
frantically. So I stopped, and discovered that one of them, pretty
girl in her early teens, had fainted. I had some water bottles (from
the bike) in the back of the truck so gave her a water bottle, told
her to drink plenty of water and get in the shade, and went away
again.

I don't know that that kid was all right. I should have either taken
her home or to the surgery. But with the degree of paranoia around
these days I found that I was scared to offer help in case my motives
are misinterpreted.

Morning had broken, and I found when I looked that we had run out
of copper roove nails.
Old September 19th 03, 09:32 PM
Richard Bates

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:05:21 GMT, Simon Brooke
in wrote:

I don't know that that kid was all right. I should have either taken
her home or to the surgery. But with the degree of paranoia around
these days I found that I was scared to offer help in case my motives
are misinterpreted.

If you were in doubt that she was ok then 999! Some people will say
that is over the top but I disagree. If somebody has collapsed and you
don't know, or can't figure out why they have collapsed then 999.

Love and hugs from Rich x