Someone Please Inform Johan

Old September 13th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty

Default Someone Please Inform Johan

Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said of
Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added: "An
American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In any
case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because his
attacks are no longer a surprise."

No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn testimony
as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision. Interestingly, is
Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements that he does not know if
Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are "unfounded?"

Old September 13th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frank Drackman

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
link.net...
Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said
of Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added:
"An American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In
any case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because his
attacks are no longer a surprise."

No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn
testimony as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision.
Interestingly, is Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements that
he does not know if Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are "unfounded?"

I agree that it was a strange reaction. It is almost as if Johan is saying
that Frankie is lying about taking EPO. I didn't find any unfounded
statements in the article.

Old September 13th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
B. Lafferty

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message
. ..

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
link.net...
Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said
of Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added:
"An American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In
any case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because
his attacks are no longer a surprise."

No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn
testimony as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision.
Interestingly, is Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements
that he does not know if Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are
"unfounded?"

I agree that it was a strange reaction. It is almost as if Johan is
saying that Frankie is lying about taking EPO. I didn't find any
unfounded statements in the article.

I agree. I thought the article was quite straightforward.

Old September 13th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Frank Drackman wrote:
"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
link.net...
Armstrong's former team manager at Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel said
of Andreu's comments: "I do not understand why he goes on making these
unfounded statements." Speaking to Spanish paper Marca, Bruyneel added:
"An American judge has already shown that Andreu has no credibility. In
any case, neither me nor Lance are losing any sleep over this, because his
attacks are no longer a surprise."

No "American judge" has passed on the veracity of Andreau's sworn
testimony as the case was settled prior to an arbitrators decision.
Interestingly, is Johan saying that Andreu's testimony and statements that
he does not know if Armstrong used epo in the 1999 Tour are "unfounded?"

I agree that it was a strange reaction. It is almost as if Johan is saying
that Frankie is lying about taking EPO. I didn't find any unfounded
statements in the article.

Johan is a good race strategist, but I've never had the impression that
he was a crafty or "smart" guy. Best for the team's PR staff to keep a
lid on him. Lance, on the other hand, is very crafty.