Shadow Mountain, SD - muni ride report & pix

Old November 7th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
eyal

Default Shadow Mountain, SD - muni ride report & pix

This weekend, the famed Mango, Jake, and Miles took me on a stealth
ninja mission through the volatile web of singletrack known as Shadow
Mountain. Shh, don't tell anyone.

Jake had this to say about it:

"...pictures would sum up the ride way better than words. The ride
involved bush-whacking past no trespassing signs, onto a dirt road that
leads to a trail that some downhiller's put some serious work into. The
top of the trail offers a good variety of steep and extremely fast
rocky sections, smooth winding zigs, and jumps of different sizes. The
bottom of the trail shoots straight down and consists of a sequence of
all or nothing, 7-12 ft. boulder drops, with little to no space in
between to slow down. Ladders go up and down the rocks like a fricken
rollercoaster. I just stared at all of this stuff as usual. The
high-light was Miles spotting his landing down an 8 ft. drop that lead
immediately to what I shall call the "dial 911" rock. He got spooked by
a bee and after swatting it frantically and running away, he came back
and nailed the drop with a perfect landing. All in all it was a good
ride, though I must admit I was pretty lazy. I'll post pictures if I
get em from Eyal."
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65433

Thanks fellas for an awesome ride. Sorry Jerry P and others couldn't
make it due to post-fire restoration demands.

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Mango

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Orndogg

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Jake

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Mango

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Orndogg

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Jake

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/att...=11944584 62]
Jake with Mountain Biker

|Filename: restinpeace.jpg |

eyal
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 7th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Awesome pics, Looked like a great ride!

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
Rolling Giraffe Mount Tutorial
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63892

Mikefule wrote:

Cross country is when you risk getting lost. Muni is when you risk
death.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 7th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jester2000

Sweet!!! I'm jealous!! See you guys soon!

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'My Photo
Gallery!' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 7th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

yeah, that ride was killer.

I look funny riding my muni

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com'myspace' (www.myspace.com/mornish)

spencer wrote:
just think of it like a roller coaster.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fatlardboy13

Man those drops are INSANE I just got 2 more street
comps for band, then I promise I'll be riding with you guys. Actually
now that I think about it this weekend is a 3 day weekend so I might be
able to ride sunday.

--
fatlardboy13

"only a fool would quote this quote"
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vivalargo

Wish I'd gone. That looks like a blast! Nice work, boys.

JL

--
vivalargo
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
entropy

Dang, I hate missing out.

Sweet pix.

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

nice TR

Whats the story with that last pic??

--
Bondo
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Ya, that looks sweet. At first I thought it was Shadow Mt, South Dakota!
Next time let me know when a group is heading down to SD and I'll see
if I can make it. Looks like a blast.

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BleedforTrials

I must add that these pictures do not show the grand finale at the
bottom of the trail. Maybe next time one of us will be in the right
mood to try it.

--
BleedforTrials

Jake Sprague