Solidlight 1203D or Edelux?

Old May 23rd 08, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
none

Default Solidlight 1203D or Edelux?

This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

Thanks

Paul
Old May 23rd 08, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"none" ""paul\"@(none)" wrote in message
This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

iq fly is actually pretty darn good and quite a lot cheaper.

cheers,
clive

Old May 23rd 08, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

Clive George wrote:
"none" ""paul\"@(none)" wrote in message
This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

iq fly is actually pretty darn good and quite a lot cheaper.

Or the new Schmidt LED lamp which is supposedly twice as powerful as the
Fly. And I think cheaper than the SolidLight.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old May 23rd 08, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kevin Dublin

Nigel Cliffe wrote:

Or the new Schmidt LED lamp which is supposedly twice as powerful as the
Fly. And I think cheaper than the SolidLight.

Can you point me in the direction of this new Scjmidt LED lamp?

Kevin

Old May 23rd 08, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

On 23/05/2008 21:01, Kevin Dublin wrote:
Can you point me in the direction of this new Scjmidt LED lamp?

Kevin

I reckon it'll be this one:
http://www.nabendynamo.de/produkte/Edelux.html

--
Danny Colyer http://www.redpedals.co.uk
"The plural of anecdote is not data" - Frank Kotsonis
Old May 27th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Nigel Cliffe :
Clive George wrote:
"none" ""paul\"@(none)" wrote in message
This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

iq fly is actually pretty darn good and quite a lot cheaper.

Or the new Schmidt LED lamp which is supposedly twice as powerful as the
Fly.

That would be the Edelux, mentioned in the Subject but not in the article
body (sigh).

Based purely on specs (I've seen 1203Ds in use, but not edeluxen) I'd go
for the Edelux - and if the quality is as high as the Schmidt E6 and SON,
certainly the Edelux. Put it this way, there's nothing wrong with my
halogen lights, but if one breaks tomorrow I'll be ordering an Edelux on
Thursday.
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!
Today is Epithumia, June - a weekend.